IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
atma

Burnt Ladhu

Rate this topic

Did anyone see Burnt Ladhu?

"Enter the reality of Burnt Ladhu with a video of the full-length musical theater production. This play despicts the struggle of a fictionalized gurukuli named Ladhu who is caught between the spiritual world of his chilhood and the material world he must face as an adult. At times both hilarious and tragic, the play follows Ladhu and his friends as they try to escape their haunting past and find the courage to shape their future. Witness Ladhu's quest throught the eyes of the characters in his life-an estranged daughter, a stoic and religious mother, an overly enthusiastic temple commander and an atheistic "karmi" boyfriend.

This musical examines the stereotypes of the Hare Krishna movement through the artistic lens of musical theater and highlights the commonalities shared by members of this society. Burnt Ladhu carries a message of urgency, healing and hope, and speaks to the need for authentic Vaishnava loving exchange. This cathartic experience will leave you enlightened and inspired, but most of all entertained."

It touched a cord with me this play. I know the boy who wrote it and he flew his mom to Alachua to see it. Lots of healing there.

I met one about eight years old just sitting peacefully at Ratha Yatra one year. I was most impressed. I hope I can stay here long enough to see their full greatness manifest.

gHari