IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Pritesh01

Hindu and Jain

Rate this topic

Guest guest

jain has basically a very strong impersonal character leading in some aspects to mayavadi/buddhist (nihilist) conclusions

in my opinion this not respects the original purpose of Bhagavata Dharma

but having similar rites, pujas, initiation, clerical class and monastic structura, maybe you can call put jainism in hinduism

Guest guest

jainism is an atheist religion that bives absolute emphasis on non violence. Their mantra is:

om namo arihantaNan.

( I surrender to great souls.)

they beleive in theory of karma with slight difference from hindus. because there is no god for them, their karma have to result is joy or sufferings. There is no way out, no god to forgive it.

most jains are businessmen.

businsss cannot happen unless there is peace and security.

so, teh live in a society where there are police and military for security, because they do not do kshatriya karma. in worldy life they can/do hire some one secretly to get some enemy killed.

culturally they are same as Hindus.

I don't know much about their philosophy, but I believe they are very strict vegetarians. In fact I think they don't eat any rooted plant because to uproot a plant would cause too much pain. Thus potatos, carrots are out. I might be wrong on this but this is what I've heard.

pigeons are also vegetarians.....

so what?

philosophy very simple - live and begs - this is a great!

all this philosophies are corner stones to take stupid living entities from the total ignorance and take them to the next step, next step and bahunam janmanam ante - krishna bhakti....