IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
theist

SF rathayatra

Rate this topic

Here is a nice event where everyone can drop their little disputes and just chant and pull the carts of Their Lordships through the park. I love this festival.

SF Rathayatra Accommodations

BY RATHAYATRA DAS

— Dear Devotees,

The San Francisco Sri-Sri Radha-Krsna temple, dedicated to the service of Srila Prabhupada, welcomes visitors for the upcoming Rathayatra Festival in Golden Gate Park on August 10. We will provide free accommodations that weekend for up to 12 male devotees. RSVP (415) 682-8993 or leave a message at (800) 785-9005 ext. 139.

There will be a Srila Prabhupada Appreciation Night and Love Feast on August 9 starting at 4 PM. Senior devotees who were present in the early days of the original San Francisco temple will share their memories. If you would like to speak or hear about the first Rathayatra Festivals, come on down! All Vaisnavas and well-wishers in the mood of peacefulness and servitude are welcome in this temple.

We are also planning a fund-raising benefit for the temple. The original San Francisco ISKCON temple organized a famous mantra-rock festival at Family Dog in 1967. We would like to do something just as wonderful! Devotee musicians who would like to perform are encouraged to contact Rathayatra das Prabhu (rathadas@).

All glories to Srila Prabhupada! All glories to Lord Jagannath!

I met a brahmacari from SF and he told me thet will make an exception and they'll have a room to accomodate ladies for the festival.

I didn't know they opened SF again. Sounds great.

Guest guest

Please tell us more about the San Francisco Rathayatra. Were there many people attending, many old devotees there, etc? Thank you.

I'm still recovering from LA Ratha Yatra, San Francisco was much smaller but very sweet, the crowd was big enough and the weather was gorgeous. I got badly sunburnt.

The deities were beautiful and in general the whole mood was really nice. Many old devotees were there. Agnideva led kirtan in front of Jagannath chariot, Trivikram Maharaja was in fron of Subhadra and the kulis were in front of Balarama.

maybe other devotees that were there can post more, I have to go to work.

Haribol