IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Bhakta Don Muntean

The Most Awesome Picture of God Ever!?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Jesus is Jiva Tattva second person of the Godhead. He Is Maha Sankarshana! Hari Bol! Praise to Lord Jesus Christ Savior and Shelter of the Universe!

Guest guest

see : http://www.saragrahi.org/columns/one/one1/lion.htm

Haryeh as Aryeh Yahu Tzabaoth,

The Lion of Judah

by Bhakti Ananda Goswami

HARE KRISHNA!

SRI SRI GURU AND GAURANGA KI JAYA!

ON THE LEFT IS ONE OF THE SCORES OF JEWISH-RELATED AND PROTO-CATHOLIC ICONS THAT I COMPARED WITH VAISHNAVA AND PURE LAND BUDDHIST ICONS IN MY INTERDISCIPLINARY MASTER'S DEGREE PROJECT.

ON THE RIGHT IS A NARA HARI RUPA FROM SILPA SHASTRA FOR COMPARISON. THEIR JEWISH AND VAISHNAVA NAMES ARYEH AND HARYEH ARE EVEN RELATED. THEY ARE BOTH ASSOCIATED WITH THE WRATHFUL FORM OF THE LORD ELI / HARI AS TIME. ONE IS THE “LION OF JUDAH” AND THE OTHER IS THE LION OF THE YADUS, THE WRATHFUL FORM OF HARI / ELI AS YHVH TZABAOTH IN EXODUS! IN EXODUS (IN THE CHRISTIAN BIBLE AND JEWISH SCRIPTURES), THE WRATHFUL FORM OF ELI (HARI) AS YAHU TZABAOTH, THE LION OF JUDAH, INTERVENES BETWEEN THE FORCES OF THE PHARAOH AND THE MIXED MULTITUDE OF DEVOTEES LEAVING EGYPT. LIKE SRI KRISHNA'S WRATHFUL FORM IN THE GITA, HE IS REMEMBERED IN THE WESTERN TRADITIONS AS THE LORD OF TIME, DEVOURING THE WORLDS! ONE OF NARA HARI'S NAMES IS KALAH! IN THE GITA, SRI KRISHNA SAYS “KALO SMI.” “TIME I AM, DESTROYER OF THE WORLDS.” THE LION HEADED FORM OF ELI / HARI AS TIME (SEARCH ART HISTORY REFERENCES FOR "LEONTOCEPHALOS TIME," CHRONUS, SATURNUS, ZERVAN, APADAMEK, ETC.) WAS WORSHIPED THROUGHOUT THE ANCIENT WORLD. I HAVE SEEN SCORES OF NARAHARI MURTIS FROM THE MEDITERRANEAN AND OTHER NON-INDIAN AREAS, IN MUSEUM AND OTHER ANTIQUITY COLLECTIONS. DO NOT CONFUSE THE LATE ASTROLOGICAL ASSOCIATION OF SATURN THE PLANET, WITH THE EARLIER WORSHIP OF JUPITER SATURNUS AS TIME. IN WESTERN MYTHOLOGY, ALL THAT IS LEFT OF THE GITA'S THEOPHANY OF KRISHNA KALAH (TIME) DEVOURING THE COSMOS IS THE LATE MYTH OF SATURN / CHRONUS (TIME) DEVOURING HIS CHILDREN.

THIS PARTICULAR WESTERN NARA HARI IS FROM MEROE, A PART OF ANCIENT KUSH IN AFRICA, SOUTH AND TO THE SOUTH EAST OF EGYPT. HE WAS IN THE STORED (NOT DISPLAYED) MEROE COLLECTION OF THE MUSEUM OF FINE ARTS, BOSTON, WHEN I LOCATED HIM BY STUDYING THEIR MEROE COLLECTION CATALOGUE.

SOUTH OF EGYPT, NARA HARI'S MEROETIC NAME WAS APADEMAK, BUT HE WAS WORSHIPED AS THE WRATHFUL FORM OF HERI-AMUN ( RA ) AT THE SOUTHERN EGYPTIAN CAPITAL OF THEBES. I HAVE PERSONALLY SEEN THIS WRATHFUL LION-HEADED FORM OF THE JEWISH DEITY AS TIME, AS DOZENS OF MEDITERRANEAN REGION TEMPLE ICONS, AND ON DOZENS OF ARTIFACTS LIKE SEALS, AMULETS, ETC. AS THE WRATHFUL TIME FORM OF THE SOUTHERN EGYPTIAN SUPREME GOD HERU-ASU AS AMEN-RA, HE WAS WASU THEOS, WHICH IS VASU DEVA! HE WAS THE 'FATHER OF ALL THE GODS' AND THERE ARE AMAZING ICONS OF HIM THAT DEPICT THIS. http://www.per-aset.org/metternich2.jpg. HE IS AT THE VERY TOP OF THIS STELA DEPICTING THAT HE IS THE ADI PURUSHA, AND ORIGIN OF ALL THE GODS.

HERE IS A NICE SITE FOR AMEN-RA'S WORSHIP AS APADEMAK BY THE AFRICAN PHARAOHS OF NUBIA: http://www.muzarp.poznan.pl/muzeum/muz_eng/nagaa.htm

A NICE STELA OF APADEMAK: http://www.muzarp.poznan.pl/muzeum/muz_eng/nagaa6.htm

THE ICONS COMPARED IN THIS POST ABOVE INCLUDE THIS ONE, WHICH I FOUND IN THE BOSTON COLLECTION, AND SKETCH-EDITED FOR EASIER COMPARISON.

http://www.geocities.com/CollegePark/Classroom/9912/nubia.html

NARA HARI KALAH IN PERSIA (ZERVAN, ZURVAN) WAS ALSO WORSHIPED AS JUPITER SATURNUS IN ROME, AND ZEUS CHRONUS IN GREECE. IN SOUTH EGYPT HE WAS AMEN RA AS TIME AND WASU THEOS, AND TO THE JEWS HE WAS YAHU ( OR YHVH ) TZABAOTH THE LORD OF THE HEAVENLY HOSTS, AND PATRON PROTECTOR OF ISRAEL AND JUDAH. HE WAS ALWAYS WORSHIPED ESPECIALLY BY THE JEWISH WARRIORS, WHO OFTEN WORE AMULETS FOR PROTECTION DEPICTING HIM! I HAVE SEEN SOME OF THESE AMULETS. THE LION HEADED FORM OF THE JEWISH DEITY ALSO CAN BE SEEN ON THE OFFICIAL ROYAL STATE SEALS OF THE JEWISH KINGDOMS OF ISRAEL AND JUDAH.

THIS IS THE BEST BOOK ON JEWISH SEALS: http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbninquiry.asp?endeca=1&ean=9780800627898.

HOWEVER IT ONLY COVERS THE PRE- MACCABEAN ERA, AND SO IT DOES NOT HAVE THE MOST STRIKING OF THE LATE PRE-CHRISTIAN LION-HEADED JEWISH MILITARY AMULETS IN IT. IT DOES HAVE LION-HEADED YAHU AND YAHU-SPHINX ROYAL SEALS IN IT. THE NUMEROUS OTHER VAISHNAVA SYMBOLS ON THESE ANCIENT JEWISH ARTIFACTS ARE AMAZING. JAGGANATHA (DJED DJED NTR), SESHA NACHASH (SESHA NAGA), ELI / HARI CHAKRA, AND PADMA'S (NYMPHIA'S ) LOTUS AND RHODON (ROSE OF RHODA / RADHA) ETC. ARE THERE ! "Keel and Uehlinger's unique study brings the massive Palestinian archaeological evidence of 8,500 amulets and inscriptions to bear on these questions. Vindicating the use of symbols and visual remains to investigate ancient religion, the authors employ iconographic evidence from around 1750 B.C.E. through the Persian period (c. 333 B.C.E.) to reconstruct the emergence and development of the Yahweh cult in relation to its immediate neighbors and competitors. They also fully explore whether female characteristics were present in the early Yahweh figure and how they might have evolved in Israelite religion. Keel and Uehlinger's major study marks the maturation of iconographical studies and affords an exciting glimpse into the vibrant religious life of ancient Canaan and Israel."

HERE IS A PERSIAN ZERVAN, WHO WAS FOUND IN ITALY. http://fimenet.8m.com/zervan.htm

A ROMAN VARIENT FORM OF ZERVAN: http://visit.elysiumgates.com/figureh.html

THE “ORIGINAL'” FORM OF THIS SAME SUPREME DEITY WAS HIS BEAUTIFUL YOUTHFUL (KOUROS) LOVER FORM, WORSHIPED WITH HIS FEMININE SEKHET / SHEKINAH (SHAKTI) WHO WAS CALLED RHODA (RADHA) ON THEIR SACRED GIANT PINK LOTUS (NYMPHIA) FLOWER ISLE (DVIPA) OF RHODES. THERE KOUROS (KRISHNA) AND BAL-DIONYSOS (BALADEVA) TENDED THEIR SACRED WHITE COWS, WITH THEIR EXPANSION COWHERD BOYS, AND DANCED IN THEIR SACRED CIRCLE-DANCE WITH RHODA AND HER EXPANSION MAIDENS (KORAE, NYMPHS, MUSES, HORAE, GRACES, CHARITIES, HOURIS, ETC.) THIS TRADITION OF RHODA-KOUROS “BRIDAL MYSTICISM” IS THE SOURCE OF THE BIBLICAL "SONG OF SONGS," AND THE ENTIRE DIVINE LOVE MYSTICISM OF THE JUDEO-CATHOLIC TRADITION!

SRI KRISHNA KALAH NARA HARI KI JAYA !

YOUR ASPIRING SERVANT, BHAKTI ANANDA GOSWAMI

Guest guest

WHATEVER WE SAY OR THEY SAY..TRUTH IS TRUTH...

AND THE TRUTH I KNOW..IS

THERE IS SOUL AND THERE IS SUPREME SOUL

THERE IS POWER AND THERE IS SUPREME POWER

SOUL IS MASCULINE AND POWER THE FEMININE...BOTH ARE EQUALLY NEEDED FOR LIFE,IF LIFE IS TRUE.

SUPREME SOUL IS VISHNU AND POWER IS DEVI...

LOVE

ANAND

archie@archiecards.com

Guest guest

The original sthan of Lord. Narasimha is in multan. We got all info @ multan temple. But unable search photo of original murti...

We have lots pf photo's of temple..

If anyone got more info pl. it to me also...

My mail id - jadvait@hotmail.com

Guest guest

Nice to see all the replies to this thread - I forgot about this thread - I see some people liked the picture - some didn't - Jai Narasinghadeva!

Guest guest

...sorry about such a delay in reply - I'm pleased you could use the picture!

Your Servant,

BDM

gHari, thanks for that. I have a story about that picture:

In the spring of 1971, I was out on sankirtan at the Fort Street Mall in downtown Honolulu. (Back then, sankirtan meant going out to chant the holy names in public while taking turns distributing whatever literatures we had). While I was distributing the booklet "Krishna, the Reservoir of Pleasure," with this picture on the cover, four local kids, all bigger than I was, walked up. One guy took a copy of the booklet, looked at the cover, then looked at me and asked, "'as God?" (That's God?)

I thought, "Oh, boy, I'm in for it now," but I just looked him in the eyes and said, "Yeah--'as God!"

The kid looked at the picture again, then he looked at me, broke into a big grin, and said, "Nice, eh?"

"Yep, nice!" They all walked away with copies of the booklet in their hands.

Guest guest

THIS IS NOT THE PICTURE OF THE TRUE GOD!

This is creepy!!!

This picture of God is only in your minds creepy people!

Very well said,these type of people just call anything GOD that they fear would punish them and benefit them if they trust and surrender.i dont know whats so great about this picture and consider as the best picture of god ever.Pure and simple case of ME ME ME..i know the most,my painting is the best,i am the GOD lover etc..FEAR can never become LOVE.Narasimha isnt the only god and the only way.All these are fantasy stories,yes there exists god but doesnt mean all these Bagavatham or Avathar stories become god,this is just Jingoism at its best.

Guest guest

no need to talk to a narrow minded person like this unregged christian.. let him read my thread about dogma and secterian views.. why waste words on him.. if one will burn in hell for not accepting jesu, then all person before jesu is in hell.. pretty crowded place.. they cant even keep peace within thei christian sects so how could they understand anything else then hate and violence!? if we pray to demons, why are we the most tolerant and openminded religion in the world, and the loving christians the most blood thirsty and barbaric in the world? think before u open ur mouth

Guest guest

AND the bible isnt even a complete religious text with all the editing and stuff.. and the things not accepteble is called heracy.. the gospel of thomas, judas and maria is gone like 33 other gospels.. only 4 are left.. so i dont give much for their faith.. also i was beaten every day in 6 years by my christian baptist mother, all in the namne of true religion and love.. so stop this nonsense talk!

Very well said,these type of people just call anything GOD that they fear would punish them and benefit them if they trust and surrender.i dont know whats so great about this picture and consider as the best picture of god ever.Pure and simple case of ME ME ME..i know the most,my painting is the best,i am the GOD lover etc..FEAR can never become LOVE.Narasimha isnt the only god and the only way.All these are fantasy stories,yes there exists god but doesnt mean all these Bagavatham or Avathar stories become god,this is just Jingoism at its best.

"ME ME ME"

"so so so"

No - not fantasy stories at all - just because you cannot see God in that picture doesn't mean He ain't there...so tell me - what is God - tell me your story - bub...

no need to talk to a narrow minded person like this unregged christian.. let him read my thread about dogma and secterian views.. why waste words on him.. if one will burn in hell for not accepting jesu, then all person before jesu is in hell.. pretty crowded place.. they cant even keep peace within thei christian sects so how could they understand anything else then hate and violence!? if we pray to demons, why are we the most tolerant and openminded religion in the world, and the loving christians the most blood thirsty and barbaric in the world? think before u open ur mouth

...you don't know it's a christian - why say that?

Guest guest

if one will burn in hell for not accepting jesu, then all person before jesu is in hell.. pretty crowded place.. they cant even keep peace within thei christian sects so how could they understand anything else then hate and violence!?

Christianity may or may not be correct. However, please do not reveal your malice by making false statements that only make Vaishnavas appear to be ignorant sectarians.

Normative Christianity teaches that after his death, Jesus descended to the world of the dead, where he preached His message and gave the opportunity for salvation to those who had died before him.

One could offer plenty of valid reasons not to accept Christianity, but your mean-spirited and uninformed rant has only made Vaishnavas look worse by comparison.

"we the most tolerant and openminded religion in the world"

Clearly it's lost on you though?

see : http://www.saragrahi.org/columns/one/one1/lion.htm

Haryeh as Aryeh Yahu Tzabaoth,

The Lion of Judah

by Bhakti Ananda Goswami

HARE KRISHNA!

SRI SRI GURU AND GAURANGA KI JAYA!

ON THE LEFT IS ONE OF THE SCORES OF JEWISH-RELATED AND PROTO-CATHOLIC ICONS THAT I COMPARED WITH VAISHNAVA AND PURE LAND BUDDHIST ICONS IN MY INTERDISCIPLINARY MASTER'S DEGREE PROJECT.

ON THE RIGHT IS A NARA HARI RUPA FROM SILPA SHASTRA FOR COMPARISON. THEIR JEWISH AND VAISHNAVA NAMES ARYEH AND HARYEH ARE EVEN RELATED. THEY ARE BOTH ASSOCIATED WITH THE WRATHFUL FORM OF THE LORD ELI / HARI AS TIME. ONE IS THE “LION OF JUDAH” AND THE OTHER IS THE LION OF THE YADUS, THE WRATHFUL FORM OF HARI / ELI AS YHVH TZABAOTH IN EXODUS! IN EXODUS (IN THE CHRISTIAN BIBLE AND JEWISH SCRIPTURES), THE WRATHFUL FORM OF ELI (HARI) AS YAHU TZABAOTH, THE LION OF JUDAH, INTERVENES BETWEEN THE FORCES OF THE PHARAOH AND THE MIXED MULTITUDE OF DEVOTEES LEAVING EGYPT. LIKE SRI KRISHNA'S WRATHFUL FORM IN THE GITA, HE IS REMEMBERED IN THE WESTERN TRADITIONS AS THE LORD OF TIME, DEVOURING THE WORLDS! ONE OF NARA HARI'S NAMES IS KALAH! IN THE GITA, SRI KRISHNA SAYS “KALO SMI.” “TIME I AM, DESTROYER OF THE WORLDS.” THE LION HEADED FORM OF ELI / HARI AS TIME (SEARCH ART HISTORY REFERENCES FOR "LEONTOCEPHALOS TIME," CHRONUS, SATURNUS, ZERVAN, APADAMEK, ETC.) WAS WORSHIPED THROUGHOUT THE ANCIENT WORLD. I HAVE SEEN SCORES OF NARAHARI MURTIS FROM THE MEDITERRANEAN AND OTHER NON-INDIAN AREAS, IN MUSEUM AND OTHER ANTIQUITY COLLECTIONS. DO NOT CONFUSE THE LATE ASTROLOGICAL ASSOCIATION OF SATURN THE PLANET, WITH THE EARLIER WORSHIP OF JUPITER SATURNUS AS TIME. IN WESTERN MYTHOLOGY, ALL THAT IS LEFT OF THE GITA'S THEOPHANY OF KRISHNA KALAH (TIME) DEVOURING THE COSMOS IS THE LATE MYTH OF SATURN / CHRONUS (TIME) DEVOURING HIS CHILDREN.

THIS PARTICULAR WESTERN NARA HARI IS FROM MEROE, A PART OF ANCIENT KUSH IN AFRICA, SOUTH AND TO THE SOUTH EAST OF EGYPT. HE WAS IN THE STORED (NOT DISPLAYED) MEROE COLLECTION OF THE MUSEUM OF FINE ARTS, BOSTON, WHEN I LOCATED HIM BY STUDYING THEIR MEROE COLLECTION CATALOGUE.

SOUTH OF EGYPT, NARA HARI'S MEROETIC NAME WAS APADEMAK, BUT HE WAS WORSHIPED AS THE WRATHFUL FORM OF HERI-AMUN ( RA ) AT THE SOUTHERN EGYPTIAN CAPITAL OF THEBES. I HAVE PERSONALLY SEEN THIS WRATHFUL LION-HEADED FORM OF THE JEWISH DEITY AS TIME, AS DOZENS OF MEDITERRANEAN REGION TEMPLE ICONS, AND ON DOZENS OF ARTIFACTS LIKE SEALS, AMULETS, ETC. AS THE WRATHFUL TIME FORM OF THE SOUTHERN EGYPTIAN SUPREME GOD HERU-ASU AS AMEN-RA, HE WAS WASU THEOS, WHICH IS VASU DEVA! HE WAS THE 'FATHER OF ALL THE GODS' AND THERE ARE AMAZING ICONS OF HIM THAT DEPICT THIS. http://www.per-aset.org/metternich2.jpg. HE IS AT THE VERY TOP OF THIS STELA DEPICTING THAT HE IS THE ADI PURUSHA, AND ORIGIN OF ALL THE GODS.

HERE IS A NICE SITE FOR AMEN-RA'S WORSHIP AS APADEMAK BY THE AFRICAN PHARAOHS OF NUBIA: http://www.muzarp.poznan.pl/muzeum/muz_eng/nagaa.htm

A NICE STELA OF APADEMAK: http://www.muzarp.poznan.pl/muzeum/muz_eng/nagaa6.htm

THE ICONS COMPARED IN THIS POST ABOVE INCLUDE THIS ONE, WHICH I FOUND IN THE BOSTON COLLECTION, AND SKETCH-EDITED FOR EASIER COMPARISON.

http://www.geocities.com/CollegePark/Classroom/9912/nubia.html

NARA HARI KALAH IN PERSIA (ZERVAN, ZURVAN) WAS ALSO WORSHIPED AS JUPITER SATURNUS IN ROME, AND ZEUS CHRONUS IN GREECE. IN SOUTH EGYPT HE WAS AMEN RA AS TIME AND WASU THEOS, AND TO THE JEWS HE WAS YAHU ( OR YHVH ) TZABAOTH THE LORD OF THE HEAVENLY HOSTS, AND PATRON PROTECTOR OF ISRAEL AND JUDAH. HE WAS ALWAYS WORSHIPED ESPECIALLY BY THE JEWISH WARRIORS, WHO OFTEN WORE AMULETS FOR PROTECTION DEPICTING HIM! I HAVE SEEN SOME OF THESE AMULETS. THE LION HEADED FORM OF THE JEWISH DEITY ALSO CAN BE SEEN ON THE OFFICIAL ROYAL STATE SEALS OF THE JEWISH KINGDOMS OF ISRAEL AND JUDAH.

THIS IS THE BEST BOOK ON JEWISH SEALS: http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbninquiry.asp?endeca=1&ean=9780800627898.

HOWEVER IT ONLY COVERS THE PRE- MACCABEAN ERA, AND SO IT DOES NOT HAVE THE MOST STRIKING OF THE LATE PRE-CHRISTIAN LION-HEADED JEWISH MILITARY AMULETS IN IT. IT DOES HAVE LION-HEADED YAHU AND YAHU-SPHINX ROYAL SEALS IN IT. THE NUMEROUS OTHER VAISHNAVA SYMBOLS ON THESE ANCIENT JEWISH ARTIFACTS ARE AMAZING. JAGGANATHA (DJED DJED NTR), SESHA NACHASH (SESHA NAGA), ELI / HARI CHAKRA, AND PADMA'S (NYMPHIA'S ) LOTUS AND RHODON (ROSE OF RHODA / RADHA) ETC. ARE THERE ! "Keel and Uehlinger's unique study brings the massive Palestinian archaeological evidence of 8,500 amulets and inscriptions to bear on these questions. Vindicating the use of symbols and visual remains to investigate ancient religion, the authors employ iconographic evidence from around 1750 B.C.E. through the Persian period (c. 333 B.C.E.) to reconstruct the emergence and development of the Yahweh cult in relation to its immediate neighbors and competitors. They also fully explore whether female characteristics were present in the early Yahweh figure and how they might have evolved in Israelite religion. Keel and Uehlinger's major study marks the maturation of iconographical studies and affords an exciting glimpse into the vibrant religious life of ancient Canaan and Israel."

HERE IS A PERSIAN ZERVAN, WHO WAS FOUND IN ITALY. http://fimenet.8m.com/zervan.htm

A ROMAN VARIENT FORM OF ZERVAN: http://visit.elysiumgates.com/figureh.html

THE “ORIGINAL'” FORM OF THIS SAME SUPREME DEITY WAS HIS BEAUTIFUL YOUTHFUL (KOUROS) LOVER FORM, WORSHIPED WITH HIS FEMININE SEKHET / SHEKINAH (SHAKTI) WHO WAS CALLED RHODA (RADHA) ON THEIR SACRED GIANT PINK LOTUS (NYMPHIA) FLOWER ISLE (DVIPA) OF RHODES. THERE KOUROS (KRISHNA) AND BAL-DIONYSOS (BALADEVA) TENDED THEIR SACRED WHITE COWS, WITH THEIR EXPANSION COWHERD BOYS, AND DANCED IN THEIR SACRED CIRCLE-DANCE WITH RHODA AND HER EXPANSION MAIDENS (KORAE, NYMPHS, MUSES, HORAE, GRACES, CHARITIES, HOURIS, ETC.) THIS TRADITION OF RHODA-KOUROS “BRIDAL MYSTICISM” IS THE SOURCE OF THE BIBLICAL "SONG OF SONGS," AND THE ENTIRE DIVINE LOVE MYSTICISM OF THE JUDEO-CATHOLIC TRADITION!

SRI KRISHNA KALAH NARA HARI KI JAYA !

YOUR ASPIRING SERVANT, BHAKTI ANANDA GOSWAMI

:)