IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Sunanda

acamana

Rate this topic

can somebody explain me the technic for acamana ?

i'm reciting regularly the Sri Nrsimha Kavaca and i'd like to take acamana with water.

i'm reciting the sanskrit verse and then the english translation.

how to do acamana, and at what moment ?? thanx

Hare Krishna Sushil

This is the Narasimha Kavacha which I chant everyday, but I can't find the word <font color="red">"viniyog" </font color> which you mentioned, can you please help, I hope I am chanting the Kavacha properly.....Haribol /images/graemlins/smile.gif

<font color="blue"> Narasimha Kavacha:

</font color>

(7)

sva-håt-kamala-samväsaà

kåtvä tu kavacaà pathet

nåsiàho me çiraù pätu

loka-rakñärtha-sambhavaù

Having seated Lord Nåsiàhadeva upon the lotus of one's heart, one should recite the following mantra: May Lord Nåsiàha, who protects all the planetary systems, protect my head.

(8)

sarvago 'pi stambha-väsaù

phalaà me rakñatu dhvanim

nåsiàho me dåçau pätu

soma-süryägni-locanaù

Although the Lord is all-pervading, He hid Himself within a pillar. May He protect my speech and the results of my activities. May Lord Nåsiàha, whose eyes are the sun, and fire, protect my eyes.

(9)

småtaà me pätu nåhariù

muni-värya-stuti-priyaù

näsaà me siàha-näças tu

mukhaà lakñmé-mukha-priyaù

May Lord Nåhari, who is pleased by the prayers offered by the best of sages, protect my memory. May He who has the nose of a lion protect my nose, and may He whose face is very dear to the goddess of fortune protect my mouth.

(10)

sarva-vidyädhipaù pätu

nåsiàho rasanaà mama

vaktraà pätv indu-vadanaà

sadä prahläda-vanditaù

May Lord Nåsiàha, who is the knower of all sciences, protect my sense of taste. May He whose face is beautiful as the full moon and who is offered prayers by Prahläda Mahäräja protect my face.

(12)

nåsiàhah pätu me kaëöhaà

skandhau bhü-bhåd ananta-kåt

divyästra-çobhita-bhujaù

nåsiàhaù pätu me bhujau

May Lord Nåsiàha protect my throat. He is the sustainer of the earth and the performer of unlimitedly wonderful activities. May He protect my shoulders. His arms are resplendent with transcendental weapons. May He protect my shoulders.

(13)

karau me deva-varado

nåsiàhaù pätu sarvataù

hådayaà yogi-sädhyaç ca

niväsaà pätu me hariù

May the Lord, who bestows benedictions upon the demigods, protect my hands, and may He protect me from all sides. May He who is achieved by the perfect yogés protect my heart, and may Lord Hari protect my dwelling place.

(14)

madhyaà pätu hiraëyäkña-

vakñaù-kukñi-vidäraëaù

näbhià me pätu nåhariù

sva-näbhi-brahma-saàstutaù

May He who ripped apart the chest and abdomen of the great demon Hiraëyäkña protect my waist, and may Lord Nåhari protect my navel. He is offered prayers by Lord Brahmä, who has sprung from his own navel.

(15)

brahmäëòa-koöayaù kaöyäà

yasyäsau pätu me kaöim

guhyaà me pätu guhyänäà

mantränäà guhya-rüpa-dåk

May He on whose hips rest all the universes protect my hips. May the Lord protect my private parts. He is the knower of all mantras and all mysteries, but He Himself is not visible.

(16)

ürü manobhavaù pätu

jänuné nara-rüpa-dåk

jaìghe pätu dharä-bhara-

hartä yo 'sau nå-keçaré

May He who is the original Cupid protect my thighs. May He who exhibits a human-like form protect my knees. May the remover of the burden of the earth, who appears in a form which is half-man and half-lion, protect my calves.

(17)

sura-räjya-pradaù pätu

pädau me nåharéçvaraù

sahasra-çérñä-puruñaù

pätu me sarvaças tanum

May the bestower of heavenly opulence protect my feet. He is the Supreme Controller in the form of a man and lion combined. May the thousand-headed Supreme enjoyer protect my body from all sides and in all respects.

(18)

manograù pürvataù pätu

mahä-vérägrajo 'gnitaù

mahä-viñëur dakñiëe tu

mahä-jvalas tu nairåtaù

May that most ferocious personality protect me from the east. May He who is superior to the greatest heroes protect me from the southeast, which is presided over by Agni. May the Supreme Viñëu protect me from the south, and may that person of blazing luster protect me from the southwest.

(19)

paçcime pätu sarveço

diçi me sarvatomukhaù

nåsiàhaù pätu väyavyäà

saumyäà bhüñaëa-vigrahaù

May the Lord of everything protect me from the west. His faces are everywhere, so please may He protect me from this direction. May Lord Nåsiàha protect me from the northwest, which is predominated by Väyu, and may He whose form is in itself the supreme ornament protect me from the north, where Soma resides.

(20)

éçänyäà pätu bhadro me

sarva-maìgala-däyakaù

saàsära-bhayataù pätu

måtyor måtyur nå-keçaré

May the all-auspicious Lord, who Himself bestows all-auspiciousness, protect from the northeast, the direction of the sun-god, and may He who is death personified protect me from fear of death and rotation in this material world.

Govindaram, you chant a lot of prayers. Where do yu get all the time? /images/graemlins/ooo.gif Do you have a moertie for each deity? Do you also worship them with the sixteen things or only chant?

Just curious /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Hare Krishna

Chanting the Maha-Mantra take most time, for some reason it varies from 1:45 - 2:15, the other chanting like Hanuman Chalisa/Narasimha Kavacha/Gita/Gauranga Names dosen't take that long, and I pray to picture 'diety' form, I offer Tulasi leaves and flowers/incense. I also recite some prays from a Morning Programmes book, all this is done by the grace of Sri Gauranga...Haribol.

Hare Krishna

I will have to wake up early, I can wake up 3:30am np, if I go to sleep early, otherwise its a big problem, also I've been known to wakeup at 10:00am /images/graemlins/blush.gif on some days but I always get all the prays done /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Guest guest

<<Can one person use more than one kawach? >>

yes, if one has no faith in one kavach.

but then no use of doing kavach when there is no faith.

jai sri krishna!

Guest guest

i wear a narasingh kavach on my neck beads but i have no idea what u are speaking of i terms of chanting these prayer, results and acamana? please explain what is this process u are following.

Hari Hari

Guest guest

there seems to be some incorrect informatioan about the word viniyoga!

never heard about that before..