IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Subala

Krishna went bunkrupt.... ?!

Rate this topic

Many devotees troubled by money problems, ever wondered why?

We all know that originally Krishna was God in previous yugas

In 1965 Krishna came to the west and Krishna gave Prabhupada all the funds he needed to spread KC in a west.

But of course as KC society grew Krishna was not able to maintain overwhelming number of devotees, this is why around 1980 I had to get a job to support myself.

And somewhere in 1990 I really had to start support Krishna’s temples by paying electric bills, because Krishna couldn’t “cut it” financially.

And everybody knows that near 2000 Krishna filed for bankruptcy and could hardly afford lawyers.

Right now things still not clear if Krishna has to go beg for donations to support even Himself

So question raised – what the point of being Krishna if He husband of Goddess of Fortune cannot support few Hare Krishna’s.

So answer is – never loose faith, that’s doesn’t mean being lazy. Often being lazy for material activities is used by neophyte devotees as excuse “do something wonderful for Krishna”!

How come you broke and working 2 jobs – simple because you don’t do something wonderful for Krishna!

Guest guest

Is it not said that Krsna sometimes takes things away from people, to make them turn to Him, and be more dependent on Him?

Guest guest

For many people all they can do to engage in bhakti yoga

besides sadhana, is give money, they may have many responsibilities in their lives and have no time to

engage in service to the Guru.

So being merciful Sri Caitanya has given them the chance

to help His mission by seemingly being in need of their giving the fruits of their otherwise Karmic activities to some what engage them in

the Divine lila.

This is mercy, being engaged in the Divine Lila in any way

at all has eternal benefit, if the mission of Sri Caitanya

did not seemingly need any financial help, many would have no easy recourse to recieve mercy.

Guest guest

I never thought of it in those terms, but it is true, i am more inclined to give money when i feel it is really needed. I've lived near a temple that was not well off, and when a festival came up, i would think, how will they be able to do it if i don't give some money. But when i lived by a big, well off temple, i would often not give anything at all.

Guest guest

plus, i always felt better, when i had given some money as opposed to when i lived by a well off temple, and just kept the money for mysef. It was actually noticeable.

Didn't Laxmi curse the brahmans to always be poor?

The Goswamis weren't rich, neither was Jagannatha das Babaji or Bhaktisiddhanta Saraswati Thakhur.

Laxmi is Chancala, flickering and unsteady. Sometimes devotees are poor and sometime Krishna bestows riches on them. The test is that we remain devoted, for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health, for better or worse. Then even in death, He will never part from us.

Guest guest

is said to be whereever virtue is ... (we all know the prahlad story)

The virtue depends on our past karma... so laxmi gives people money, fame, fortune, beauty , love and affection due to their past karma.

But isn't it also true that she loves people who love Vishnu.

If she loves the people who love vishnu then why doesn't ISKON have any money?!

<font color="blue"> Hare Krishna </font color>

Theres a Vrat(not sure of English equivalent) that you can do for Sri Sri Laxmidevi every Friday, its very easy, and it bestows upon you what ever you desire (quickly), a lot of people in Uk, India etc observe the vrat, I did one fast last week out of eleven (10 more to go), because I was having trouble finding a Job, I did 16 round of (jai Maa Laxmi) and aarti and the next day Saturday!!!!, I got a call from Employer asking me for n Interview, I went and got he Job, the same day!..Jai Maa Laxmi!

ps if anyone wants to know more about the Vrat just ask /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Guest guest

Tell me , I will do it! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Is it hard?

-I_love_krishna_

Verse 20:

Those whose intelligence has been stolen by material desires surrender unto demigods and follow the particular rules and regulations of worship according to their own natures.

Verse 21:

I am in everyone's heart as the Supersoul. As soon as one desires to worship some demigod, I make his faith steady so that he can devote himself to that particular deity.

Verse 22:

Endowed with such a faith, he endeavors to worship a particular demigod and obtains his desires. But in actuality these benefits are bestowed by Me alone.

Verse 23:

Men of small intelligence worship the demigods, and their fruits are limited and temporary. Those who worship the demigods go to the planets of the demigods, but My devotees ultimately reach My supreme planet.

<font color="blue"> Hare Krishna </font color>

You need to purchase a very small book (which has a yantra on it, and different forms of Laxmimaa) and a cassette which helps you with the aarti, the aarti is very simple, but you have to fast on that day (not like ekadasi), but just eat once, of cource you can eat fruit, but your devotion is more important /images/graemlins/smile.gif, the book and cassette are from India, here is the address:

Publishers

Sahitya Sangram

Bava Sidi, Gopipura

Surat (GUJARAT)

India

But I am sure if you go to your nearest Indian Book store they should be able to sort you out ok.

I purcased both items from Leiester, UK, but if you have trouble finding the items maybe (only maybe, no promises) I can parcel you them, No charge. /images/graemlins/smile.gifbut try to find it will be very good, for you, hey you can even ask for <font color="red"> Bhakti </font color> , but I reckon you would have to do a lot of fasts, maybe in my opinion (my small brain) 11/21 fasts times 16 or 108, but hey its only every Friday.....Haribol!

He opened with "what did they do to deserve this?" and I used examples of great devotees who were renounced from personal wealth. Of course, one might say you have to have it before you can renounce it!

But I understand what you mean; being poor can certainly be an impediment to KC in this materialistic world because the mind is often pre-occupied with how to get money just for the basic necessities of life.

Isn't it also true that in special cases the Lord will withhold Laxmi from the immature devotee to (as already mentioned here) to help him or her depend soley on the Lord.

There is that saying by Prabhupad; "If Krishna likes you, he gives you everything and if he loves you, he takes it all away." That's a hard one to swallow, but if a devotee finds him or herself in a bereft situation, according to Prabhupad it is Krishna showing special mercy.

When Prabhupad's business failed while in householder life, was it because he wasn't pleasing Krishna? No, Krishna had plans for him and by 'ruining' his business, Prabhupad could see that it was time to retire from family life and come almost penniless to America.

It seems very individual. For some the advice to earn just enough money to maintain body and soul or only for the bare necessities of life is suitable, but that seemse more for the celibate student and sannyasi.For householders, more is required for the needs of the children, their education, the cable and internet bill (joking).

As for Iskcon, cerainly Krishna withdrew Laxmi long time ago because She was being abused and used along with the devotee population. Present day Iskcon may still be paying the price, and maybe that is Krishna's special mercy.

1st of all it is important to understand what devotees are not under power of material nature, Maya.

If devotee/es of Krishna externally seen suffering or in trouble it is not material nature who is punishing/rewarding krishna devotees. Krishna Himself is taking charge of the devotee's life. Material nature leaves us to directly under Krishna's control.

Thats my belief.

"Ma sucaha" do not be afraid...

Hare Krishna

Not sure what you were trying to prove by quoting the above verses, but I asked Laxmimaa (NOT a Demi-God), for a material benediction of a Job (which I need by the way to support my-self), I don't think there's any harm in asking the Goddess of Fortune consort of Lord Vishnu for a material benediction (I need a job quick), so I can give money to charity (obvious which one), and advance in spiritual life..

Haribol!

All Glories to Srila.Prabhupad.

I read this sometime back, about Krishna's past-times in Mathura and Vrndhavan.

In Mathura Krishna is decorated with Gold, and Jewellary. But in Vrndhavan, the Lord doesnt wear ornamental things and has his peacock feather to his crown, and attired pitambara. The gopis and gopas in Vrndhavan have no much wealth as the occupants of Mathura.

The people of Vrndhavan have the transcedental sublime love of Krishna accompanied by Srmati Radha Rani.

The people of Mathura also have the love of Krishna but with Sri Laxmi.

I think i dont know how to explain this.

Hare Krishna

I am not so advanced that I can understand the differences between the pastimes of Sri Sri Radha-Krishna in: Mathura/Vrinadavan/Dwaraka

Although everyone knows the pastimes of Vrindavana, are superior, due to the presence of Sri Radha and Gopis.

Maybe you are saying the people of Mathura have a tendancy of wanting Laxmi and Krishna. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Guest guest

It is the best if you don't ask God for anything but Himself.

But if you find lack of money is troubling you- you should ask Him anyway. Don't be proud.

Do the Lakshmi vrat if wealth (material and spiritual) is what you want!

If you want Krishna's will alone, then you won't mind being poor and seeing your dreams go up in smoke.

Even still He won't be angry if you ask for what you want. He will either give it or he won't. Try praying Maa Lakshmi.

Guest guest

There is no real difference between Krishna at Dwaraka and Krishna at Vrindavana, except that at Dwaraka, Krishna is in His role as a kshatriya ruler and is in a very regal setting, and is thus less approachable than the amorous young krishna of Vrindavan.

At Vrindavan the peacocks could offer Him plumes, the cows could lick the soles of His feet. All the cowherd boys and girls could joke around with Him. There is no fear or awesome respect in this kind of Vraja Prema. The gopis could tug at His ear, tell jokes at His expense. Gopas could jump on His back and say, "How can You be a great one?" At Dwaraka, due to the regal settings, there is some restriction of the loving sentiment, but at Vrindavan, the manifold tastes of Prema are given free expression.

The way I think of it is, Lord Krishna is the very heart of Lord Vishnu, and Venu Gopala Krishna is the very heart of Krishna at Dwaraka.

May the gopis of Vrindavan bless us with a taste of that transcendental loving sentiment of the Lord Govinda, and may He eternally hold victory over our minds!

Jai Sri Krishna!

~Vanamali