IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

bhakti and pets

Rate this topic

Guest guest

could the present devotees please post various reasons why one shold not keep cats dogs etc for new people?

I don't see what is wrong with having a yard dog or farm cats outside. I had a yard dog for a few years. After he got loose and got killed on the road I decided to never have another pet. I was sad when he got killed. I didn't like the fact that I was attached to a dog that way but you can't avoid it if you keep pets around your home.

is a huge difficulty with pets and I am horribly guilty of this myself. I hate to see animals suffer at the hands of us humans - I have rescued several animals including dogs and some little farm animals and am now considering rescuing a kitten from where I work. Hard to take care of the little beasts without attachments forming though.

There are so many people who have sympathy and like to care for animals - makes me wonder if it is because of some sub-conscious memory of the soul being trapped in those kinds of bodies. We have to be very careful with our attachments so as not to end up there again!!

Hare Krishna

Theres a story about Maharaj Bharata who retired to the forest and practiced devotional service unto Krishna, but he temporarily became attached to a deer, and had to take a deers body in his next life, but due to his service to Krishna he remembered his past life, and again took birth as Jada Bharata (pure devotee).

Maybe not the thread to talk about pastimes but I like this one...one day some devotees of Kali kidnapped Jada Bharata for sacrifice, due to Jada Bharatas bhakti, his rays broke slight crack in Kalis form, the devotees of Kali were about to kill Jada Bharata, and Kali could understand this, and she promptly took form and killed all Her devotees and drunk their blood, I like this story because Kali didnt care for Her devotees but saved the pure Jada Bharata.

ps I can delete story /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Theres a story about Maharaj Bharata who retired to the forest and practiced devotional service unto Krishna, but he temporarily became attached to a deer, and had to take a deers body in his next life, but due to his service to Krishna he remembered his past life, and again took birth as Jada Bharata (pure devotee).