IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

You can not see God in His Spiritual Identity

Rate this topic

Guest guest

"So you cannot see spirit, and God is the Supreme Spirit. Actually, He is everything -- spirit and matter -- but you cannot see Him in His spiritual identity. Therefore, to show kindness toward you, He appears out of His unbounded mercy in the form of a wooden or stone Deity so that you can see Him."

(Science of Self-Realization, Chapter 1)

Sri Brahma-samhita 5.38:<blockquote><center><font color=red>premAJjana-cchurita-bhakti-vilocanena

santaH sadaiva hRdayeSu vilokayanti

yaM zyAmasundaram acintya-guNa-svarUpaM

govindam Adi-puruSaM tam ahaM bhajAmi

</center>

prema--of love; aJjana--with the salve; churita--tinged; bhakti--of devotion; vilocanena--with the eye; santaH--the pure devotees; sadA--always; eva--indeed; hRdayeSu--in their hearts; vilokayanti--see; yam--whom; zyAma--dark blue; sundaram--beautiful; acintya--inconceivable; guNa--with attributes; svarUpam--whose nature is endowed; govindam--Govinda; Adi-puruSam--the original person; tam--Him; aham--I; bhajAmi--worship.

</font>

I worship Govinda, the primeval Lord, who is SyAmasundara, KRSNa Himself with inconceivable innumerable attributes, whom the pure devotees see in their heart of hearts with the eye of devotion tinged with the salve of love.

PURPORT

The SyAmasundara form of KRSNa is His inconceivable simultaneous personal and impersonal self-contradictory form. True devotees see that form in their purified hearts under the influence of devotional trance. The form SyAma is not the blue color visible in the mundane world but is the transcendental variegated color affording eternal bliss, and is not visible to the mortal eye. On a consideration of the trance of VyAsadeva as in the zloka, bhakti-yogena manasi etc., it will be clear that the form of SrI KRSNa is the full Personality of Godhead and can only be visible in the heart of a true devotee, which is the only true seat in the state of trance under the influence of devotion. When KRSNa manifested Himself in Vraja, both the devotees and nondevotees saw Him with this very eye; but only the devotees cherished Him, eternally present in Vraja, as the priceless jewel of their heart. Nowadays also the devotees see Him in Vraja in their hearts, saturated with devotion although they do not see Him with their eyes. The eye of devotion is nothing but the eye of the pure unalloyed spiritual self of the jIva. The form of KRSNa is visible to that eye in proportion to its purification by the practice of devotion. When the devotion of the neophyte reaches the stage of bhAva-bhakti the pure eye of that devotee is tinged with the salve of love by the grace of KRSNa, which enables him to see KRSNa face to face. The phrase "in their hearts" means KRSNa is visible in proportion as their hearts are purified by the practice of devotion. The sum and substance of this zloka is that the form of KRSNa, who is SyAmasundara, NaTavara (Best Dancer), MuralIdhara (Holder of the Flute) and TribhaGga (Triple-bending), is not a mental concoction but is transcendental, and is visible with the eye of the soul of the devotee under trance.</blockquote>

He is a well known Vaishnava Acharya of South India. He says that we should see Krishna in everything and in whatever we do.

For example, I am typing right now, I should think that I am writing for a krishna's beloved soul to read. /images/graemlins/smile.gif Like that I would be thinking of krishna .