IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Who is the present Guru?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

People here have been discussing the disciplic successions and Ritvik systems etc. but who is our present Guru, Did some one rise to be a Guru after Prabhupada? Please shed some light on this.. thank you.

Guest guest

Dear I love Krsna,

That is such a nice name.

I don't think that you will find a good answer to this question here. There are many devotees in many different institutions that are functioning in the role of Guru. According to each individual's subjective vision they may be more or less inspiring. That may sound a bit unsettling, but the reality is that only you can know your own heart and who is inspiring to one person may not be so to another. It is very personal.

My advice to you is to chant and pray sincerely for Krsna to reveal to you a servant of his that can help you. In the meantime read all you can and try to find association of devotees who are dedicated to hearing and chanting about Krsna. Don't rush or try to jump ahead. Develop your heart and it will become clear to you who is Guru.

Your servant,

Audarya-lila dasa

If we all would adopt a mood like Audarya-lila has described what would be the result?

People would not be burnt by flash in the pan,comet gurus. You know what a comet guru is. Comes streaking by at lightning speed, grabbing everyones attention, and then fades out rather quickly. Better to be patient and await the rising of the sun if we are really seeking light.

We would also be polite enough to respect another's choice in whom they choose to hear from even if different from our own. Imagine that.Actually allowing others to be on the bhakti path in their own fashion. The way is narrow but not so narrow that there isn't room for much individual expression.

No more guru wars. "You're a sahajiya..."or "You're just a vaidhi-bhakta who needs my guru's grace to rise up..." "No I'm not...""Yes you are...Not...Are..." Ad infinitum. Aparadha upon aparadha until no one is left who can see the path clearly to walk it themselves, let alone lead others.

Until Krsna reveals His external devotee manifestation be patient. We have Caitya guru, Prabhupada's books (and others),Maha-mantra, Pancha-tattva, so many gurus.

We accept Caitanya Mahaprabhu as the universal guru and Lord Jagannatha as the Supreme Personality of Godhead. If we keep moving forward and not offend others we will be OK.

"If a devotee accepts Lord Sri Caitanya Mahäprabhu as the universal guru and Lord Jagannätha as the Supreme Personality of Godhead Krsna, he is benefited by the combined mercy of Krsna and guru."

I guess that means that there is no clear cut "This guy is after prabhupada" kind of a guru.

However, it is very refreshing to know that if we accept chaitanya as our guru and completely surrender to the will of krishna, we reach his abode in the spiritual sky.

Thank you, I am very happy by your post on Chaitanya guru. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I strongly support Audarya-lila's advice on this topic. If anyone adopts this mood, he or she will no doubt find complete success in attaining life's ultimate goal. This is not something to be in a rush about. We should not be impressed by the comet gurus theist describes. Rather, we should chant, read, and pray with all we have and wait for Krishna to make the arrangement, as he did with Dhruva.

Guest guest

Theist and Audarya-lila, excellent advice. Applause!

Yall sound so very much alike here. We can all agree on these subjective points regarding individual preference and personal choice. This is really what it comes down to.

All the bickering over the fine points on the board of late seems to me to be little more than pissing contests.

These heart-felt posts have power. They have tolerance. They have truth.

Guess Guest

Dhruva was a son of King Uttanapada. The king was more under the control of a wife other than Dhruva's mother, and when this stepmother blasted Dhruva for wanting to share his father's affection with her own son, assuring Dhruva that the only way he would ever get his father's attention would be to die and be born as her son, he pretty much freaked out. His mother suggested that only the Lord himself woudl be able to help Dhruva, and it was her understanding that sages went to the forest to find the Lord. So Dhruva, at the tender age of five, immediately left fo the forest to seek an audience with the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Seeing Dhruva's determination, the Lord arraanged for him to meet Narada Muni. After testing Dhruva's mettle, Narada personally taught him a process for purifying his mind and senses, for meditating on the Lord within his heart, and a mantra. Dhruva was so determined to attain his goal that he succeeded in six months. The validation of his initiation and the proof of the efficacy of his practice is that the Supreme Lord Narayana appeared before him, face to face.

Dhruva means fixed, or determined.

Look for the children's book, with gorgeous illustrations by Govinda dasi and text by Babhru das, some day soon. We've tried a couple of times since the mid-70s to get this book published. It was actually in production by Veda Vision in the '80s, when Bhakticharu Swami left the Indian BBT management and the successors scrapped the whole children's division. We're trying again now.

Thanks Babhru. So much of what has been discussed of late is explained there in that story.

What a great childrens book that would be. Dhruva being just five they can really relate. And he saves his mother too.

I am your present Guru here. What I say is totally bonafide. Don't listen to other people, don't learn sanskrit, don't read the scriptures, don't practise any other yoga like hatha and jnaana or karma, stop being a materialist, give all your money to my movement, that is what krishna wants, I am from great parampara, I am your only source of knowledge, I am here to stop man made religion, to teach you what Krishna said, teach you to become a pure devotee, a devotee of the highest order. Now chant Hare Krishna. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Guest guest

Now chant Hare Krishna.

for now i follow this advice.... when i'll be more advanced maybe i will examine the others!!

(-:

Guest guest

"now chant hare krishna" was a very precious suggestion...... now you want take it back!!!

:-)

keep your hands off my hare krsna!!!

h

a

r

i

b

o

l

Guest guest

"Krsna is the Supreme Lord who gives the orders, and the spiritual master executes those orders; therefore the spiritual master is very dear to Krsna. Whether Krsna sends him to heaven or hell makes no difference to him."

(Science of Self-Realization, Chapter 7)

Guest guest

your initial question leads one to believe that the only

Guru during Prabhupadas preaching, was Prabhupada.

and that therefore is there another Guru ,after he left.

that would be a wrong way to look at the situation,

a guru is not someone who simply initiates, that

can be done by a professional priest, many of Prabhupadas disciples performed the actual ceremony

when Prabhupada was not available to be there.

in fact a Guru is anyone who is being used as a

vehicle for the flow of divine knowledge.

whether or not that person performs ceremonies

or not,initiates with mantra and yagna or not.

the guru is the answer to the question, the guiding

principle that in fact exists everywhere, the

person used as the vehicle for the benefit

of the seeker of truth is not acting in a mundane functionary way, in fact he is a mouthpiece of the infinite

knowledge and mercy of the absolute guru who is present everywhere.

HK

This is my opinion, SP was/is a pure devotee with the highest love for Krishna (prema), there was nobody present on the Earth then who could match his devotion as he was an Acaraya from Lord Chaitanya Mahaprabhu, he has many disiples capable of initiating-Supersoul willing to help..

Since the chain of disiplic succession is still unbroken, there has to be another Acarya somewhere on this Earth at present...only Krishna can guide you to him..

Could somebody clarify this without going all 'ritvik' on me /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Guest guest

Dear Govindaram,

Not everyone will agree with you that Srila Prabhupada was the 'highest' and no other loved Krsna as he did/does. There are many devotees who are worthy of taking shelter of. Faith is subjective. We should be careful in expressing our faith such that we don't trample on the faith of others.

For instance I may say that my wife is the most beautiful and intelligent woman in the world and that none can compare. While I may actually feel this way it should be clear that this opinion is subjective and based on my own biased feelings. Others will feel differently.

For the disciple of Srila Prabhupada he/she will naturally feel that he is best, and he is - for them.

Another fitting example may be a child who feels that his dad is the strongest man alive and is the best dad in the whole world. Again - subjective vision.

What can be said objectively about a Guru? Accomplishments are obvious. Commitment and action. So many things - but love or most love or any other such subjective thing cannot possibly be put forward as definitive.

That Srila Prabhupada was devoted is universally accepted. But no one on the planet at that time could match his devotion? I don't know... I may feel that way, but I know others will feel differently.

conclusion - the revelation of Sri Guru is subjective. He is the subject and we are the objects. As he reveals himself we may know something of his/her glories.

Your servant,

Audarya-lila dasa

"Not everyone will agree with you that Srila Prabhupada was the 'highest'"

or better (imho) everyone agrees, if this is not used as a fanaticism and to blasphemy other guru and devotees, to make factions inside gaudya vaishnava sampradaya etc.