IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
vsdprasad

Indian 'guru' baffles NASA scientists

Rate this topic

http://headlines.sify.com/2222news4.html?headline=Indian~'guru'~baffles~NASA~scientists~

Kochi: US space agency NASA, baffled by a new age guru, 66-year old Hira Rattan Manek's feat of living without solid food for substantial period, has invited him for tests.

Manek has not had any solid food for the past eight years, claims by his wife Vimlaben. She says he has been surviving "only on water and solar energy".

Manek, who is already in Orlando in the US giving series of lectures on solar energy, visited Kozhikode recently to participate in a felicitation function.

Vimblaben told PTI from Kozhikode that her husband required only two litres of water a day, had not taken a morsel of food since 1995, imbibing most of his energy from the sun. Manek gazes at the sun only during "safe periods": one hour after sunrise and just before sunset.

It takes a person at least seven months to master this technique of gazing at the sun and imbibing energy through the eyes. As the body cells starts storing solar energy, gradually the hunger pangs vanish, Vimlaben claims.

Manek has fasted for 211 days at Kozhikode in 1995, 411 days at Ahmedabad from January 2001 to February 12, 2002. Last year in the US, he fasted for 130 days surviving only on water, she claims. PTI

Guest guest

Unless you remember the original "Hey looking a talking dog" and the stupid follow-on "Hey look a talking goat". In this case the guru eats sunlight like a carrot does.

You have a body so that you can serve krishna, krishna says, people who eat alot, or eat less or do not eat at all don't recognize him.

He does say, sustain your life and don't live in pain when you don't have to.

Then he says serve him and be happy.

Then, why! why do yogis like this person need to suffer to turn their bodies into making photo synthesis or making use of the photons that come out by the photo electric reactions that occur on their bodies.

Why ? when he gave you a stomach to digest and created a perfect system by which things are done?

But he may not be suffering. Perhaps he is a hold over mystic of some sort just doing what has become natural for him. Of course if he gets stuck there then he may become a plant of some kind. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

He is obviously employing some natural system for sustenace also.

I used to entertain similar ambitions but I couldn't past the potato chip level.

So many distractions come up on the path home.

I_L_K,

Oh, he is not suffering. He is merely taking in the prana from the sun. Not only does this relieve suffering but can also heal. He's probably not aging fast. Many Reiki (as in ki, chi, prana) use this same energy, but of course they are not as expert as yogis! /images/graemlins/smile.gif However, as Vaisnavas we are more attracted to lovingly serving Krishna than mystic yoga, though its interesting.

Thiest,

Potato chip level, haha, thats a good one!

And yes, we must be careful not to become distracted on our path back to Home, back to Godhead. That's maya's job, to distract us. Only by taking shelter of the pure devotee are we protected.

can achieve such feats. In the past such many incidents have been recorded. However, in the age of KaliYuga, when everyone is hooked on to Fast (read junk) food, such newsitem surely will make a news. Among the NathSampradaya, the famous Jalandarnath, lived underground for 12 long years continuously, without even Sunlight!

Guest guest

i donot believe that this yogi was suffering at all. for instance, when i am extrememly busy, i dont feel that i am hungry. i am not suffering.

this yogi must be so involoved with his meditation that the pains of hunger are irrevelvant or insignificant

this process of taking energy directly from sun by yogis(hopefully true in this case) certainly shows incredible power and beauty of Lord Krishna's creation. but taking Krishna prasadam and serving Him in return is much better, and more worthy of respect /images/graemlins/smile.gif