IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

mahak on movies

Rate this topic

but now I want to!!

Anyway, I have decided that Sam Elliott and Patrick Swayze have to get parts or I pull my backing!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

One of the worse movies I ever saw was Roadhouse but I watched it anyway!!

I almost never go out for films, buuuutt...

Wall Street's radio station WBAI of www.Pacifica.org offered free tickets to a screening of one Australian flick "Garage Days" so i figured, whatta heck?!

Not too bad. One guy looked like Russell Crowe. So what!!

Slid over to watch Terminator 3 afterwards.

So much violence & destruction. Wow! Truly Unbelievable = beyooooond belief!

How much damaged is actually done to how many buildings, machines, vehicles in those scenes?

Concerning MahAbhArat: Mumbai Bollywood produced "KarnArjun" about 10 yrs ago.

I recall seeing its billboards all over India from Trivandrum to Dilli = Delhi.

How was that? Was it actually about our Pandavas Karna &

Arjun?

ps - got robbed on subway at turnstile headed home.

Magnetic Metrocard swipe switch. Whatta racket!

I heard that Angelina Jolie wore a OM chadar with the lotus feet printed on it in her latest Lara movie and now at Govinda's the chadars are selling like hot cakes.

livingentity: Anyway, I have decided that Sam Elliott and Patrick Swayze have to get parts or I pull my backing!!!

Maybe Swayze as Arjuna (although he's getting a little long in the tooth), because he could do the dancing-teacher gig as Brihannala like no one else.

Do check out Sr. Stangelove. It's an amazing film, especially for those of us who spent our whole lives actuallyworrying about the bomb. I grew up with the bomb in my home; my dad was in the Navy and was foreman of several photo towers during the first two tests at Bikini atoll. I grew up looking at yearbook-type books chronicling the projects from start to finish and knew from an early age what kind of damage even little-bitty A-bombs could do.

livingentity: Anyway, I have decided that Sam Elliott and Patrick Swayze have to get parts or I pull my backing!!!

Maybe Swayze as Arjuna (although he's getting a little long in the tooth), because he could do the dancing-teacher gig as Brihannala like no one else.

Do check out Dr. Stangelove. It's an amazing film, especially for those of us who spent our whole lives actuallyworrying about the bomb. I grew up with the bomb in my home; my dad was in the Navy and was foreman of several photo towers during the first two tests at Bikini atoll. I grew up looking at yearbook-type books chronicling the projects from start to finish and knew from an early age what kind of damage even little-bitty A-bombs could do.

I'll see if I can rent it at the little local rental place.

I grew up with the bomb also. My dad was Navy!! I was even born in a Naval Hospital.

Anyway, remember the duck under the desk days when we would have the bomb drill!! What a hoot!

Ok, Patrick Swayze and Sam Elliott can just stand around except Sam has to speak every so often!!

le: I grew up with the bomb also. My dad was Navy!! I was even born in a Naval Hospital.

Me, too. I was born at North Island Family Hospital at North Island NAS--San Diego. They sent me very quickly to Balboa Naval Hospital because I was very premature, and an admiral for whom my dad had done some favors (Cal Durgin) threatened to have some heads if I didn't make it.

I think most of us who are early Boomers can remember duking under desks. After growing up with those pictures of the power of the bomb, I knew it was a stupid exercise.

Sorry--Swayze gotta dance! I'd rather he didn't talk much, but the guy gotta dance.

(Some of you may have noticed I'm in my Babhru lite mode, not interested in the tussles on other threads. Man, we love to argue!)

I am into the light stuff also right now. The other things going on are too heavy and I have enough heaviness going on in my life right now to last me a lifetime.

Of course, Swayze has to dance - he is great. I saw a show once where he was dancing with his wife. It was great!

I was born in Conn. at the Naval Base there. Geez, those drills were hilarious (looking back on them!)! We would hear that warning bell and duck under our little desks and cover our heads - like that would save us!!

Hare Krishna

Krishna--Robert De niro

Balarama--Al Pacino

Arjuna--Edward Norton

Bhima-Arnie

Yudishtara--Stallone

Nakula--Van damme

Sahadeva--Van damme

Bhishma--Clint Eastwood

Drona--??

Ditarastara--that guy of the Godfather

Abimanyu--Kenu Reeves

Or you could just translate the original Maabharata serial into English /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Are you feeling ok? /images/graemlins/ooo.gif No way....he is too old. Lord Krsna may have been over 100 at the time He spoke Bhagavad Gita to Arjun but He still appeared very young!

Al Pacino for Balaram....I am going to pass out!! /images/graemlins/crazy.gif No way!!!

I think you need a nap. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Is this the jokes forum?

Deniro--maybe 30 years ago! Same with Pacino, but ya gotta give him lifts. Schwarzenegger, Stallone, Van Damme (we call him van Darn): flush 'em!

Look--we may just have to face the fact that teh characters may have to be computer generated. This list wasn't even fun to laugh at.

Hare Krishna

Note to self "theres no pleasing some people" /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hey, I have one more though Jim Carrey as Shikandi. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

<font color="blue">O </font color> <font color="green"> Mind </font color> <font color="red"> Just </font color> <font color="orange">Worship </font color> <font color="black"> Krsna </font color>

Hare Krishna

How about just keep all the original cast and teach them English, my favourite was Krishna I think the actor who played Him was born to do it. What a surprise !!! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

<font color="blue">O </font color> <font color="green"> Mind </font color> <font color="red"> Just </font color> <font color="orange">Worship </font color> <font color="black"> Krsna </font color>

Govindaram, I like your suggestion. I think I made the same suggestion a while back. And you're right about the actor who played Krishna; he was incredible. The only problem is that we'd have to make them younger--bring them back to the ages they were when the series was filmed. Most of the main actors were wonderful. Yudhisthir, Arjuna (the actor's name, I believe, was Arjun), Draupadi, and (oh, yes!) Duryodhana all were terrific.