IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
theist

Dayal-over here

Rate this topic

ISKCON

06/28/03 12:00 PM Edit Reply

Are most people here part of the Krishna Consciousness movement? Is that the premise for this discussion forum. It doesn't really say anywhere what the underlying philosophy is here.

Post Extras:

Unregistered

iskcon-not iskcon-rest of the world?:-) [re: Dayala]

06/28/03 01:02 PM Edit Reply

krsna consciousness in general terms or iskcon?

Post Extras:

Unregistered

purpose [re: Dayala]

06/28/03 01:12 PM Edit Reply

Dayala,

Many different folks use this form. Here you find members of ISKCON, ex-members,followers of other Krishna conscious teachers outside of the ISKCON org., Hindus, the occasional Muslim, Christian or Buddhist and others. Some times we exhibit the maturity to deal with the diversity better than others.

The point is,its not really a homogenus group but mostly aspiring devotees of various levels of realization.

I was told audarya means magnanimus. Which is the goal of this forum. To be open, generous and accepting. We do get into our squabbles most of which you should probably just ignore.

You should feel that you have found a place where your search for truth will be supported. We all expect to have our positions challenged along the way as well. That can be uncomfortable at times but I find it helpful for my growth.

So welcome and Hare Krishna

Post Extras:

Post # 4

Dayal I brought this thread over here because it was locked for some reason. That was me in the previous post. I wanted to keep this all important topic and question of yours open for more dialouge with you.

Hare Krsna

Hi Theist!

I'm grateful that you brought this thread over because I wanted to respond to the following . . .

>>>I was told audarya means magnanimus. Which is the goal of this forum. To be open, generous and accepting. We do get into our squabbles most of which you should probably just ignore.

You should feel that you have found a place where your search for truth will be supported. We all expect to have our positions challenged along the way as well. That can be uncomfortable at times but I find it helpful for my growth.<<<

My tendency with forums like this is to find something I do not like (which is always argumentativeness and sometimes assaultiveness on the part of users) and then bail out because I don't like the conflict. The problem with this is that I throw the baby out with the bathwater. Plus . . . there is probably some lesson for me in sitting with the discomfort and working through it. I am glad that you have said my search for truth will be supported. Do you think you might be able to remind me of this if I start to have a hard time and am thinking of running away?

Thanks!

Dayala

Can somebody also explain to me how Krishna Consciousness differs from traditional Hinduism. I thought I understood this, but then I read a recent article on ISKCON that god posted, and it seemed that Prahabuda (spell) maybe still believes in Brahma as ultimate reality, so I'm confused.

And what other Krishna Consciousness branches are there besides ISKCON? I thought ISKCON was it!

Hello Dayal, all you need is not guess or hear anything from 3rd hands.. But buy Bhagavad Gita As It Is (from stores or from ISKCON temple) and read it carefully.

It will answer all your question and who is Prabhupada. Unless anyone reads it they still will be confused about many things.

hari bol!

The best method is to read Bhagavad Gita As It Is and then if clarification is needed or more questions arise - ask. But many many of your questions will be answered by reading BGAII - actually you will find much more than just your questions answered.

I'll remind you. You can find your own niche here and let the rest go sailing by.

Explore the India Divine site. There is a page where you can read the Bhagavada-gita on-line right here. I woul also reccommend making use of the letters to the editor forum on the bottom. There you will get solid answers without having to sift through conflicting opinions. That in addition to discussing with us here.