IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Pratyatosa Dasa

Ben Kingsley, Star of the Movie "Gandhi"

Rate this topic

I thought Ben Kingsley did a good job playing Gandhi in the movie.

This may be off topic, but another actor I like is Sir Alec Guinness. Most younger folks know him as Obi-Wan Kenobi but he also played a brahmin priest in the movie "A Passage to India" (terrible movie, but Alec was good in it). He also played Pope Innocent in "Brother Sun, Sister Moon". That was a better movie, because at least St. Francis was vegetarian!

Guest guest

Just the other day, I saw an interview of Ben Kingsley with James Lipton of the Actors Studio. He stated that his real first name was "Krishna", but when he described who Krishna is, I was extremely disappointed. He described Him as a warrior and a "sexual athlete". He made absolutely no mention of Krishna's divinity. I found this description of Krishna, without explaining His divinity, to be quite offensive. Ben Kingsley is a fine actor, but he fails to acknowledge where his abilities have come from, even when he shares a first name with the Source of those abilities. By not distinguishing Krishna from the ordinary man, he has committed an offense.