Sign in to follow this  
Ruptor

Bhagavad-gita is up! (almost)

Rate this topic

<font color="blue">The first version of Bhagavad-gita is up:

http://vedabase.net/bg

known issues:

1) Sanskrit dictionary needs to be updated with links to BG verses

3) Introduction isn't there yet [didn't make it, time to sleep] /images/graemlins/wink.gif

2) Text may contain bugs [stupid folio exports popups, so they have to be removed manually, I may have missed some]

If there are no other problems, Sri Caitanya Caritamrta should be up in a week or two...

All the books on http://vedabase.net will be up eventually.

Sean</font color>

<font color="blue">It's being uploaded. If my connection doesn't fail, it will all be there in a couple of hours.

http://vedabase.net - it's all there.

Oh, God! I've been up for 36 hours fighting typos and inconsistencies and rewriting the code to support Forewords, Prefaces and Introductions... All done, time to go home, chant, read and get some sleep. If you find any errors, typos or screw-ups, please let me know ASAP.

I'm so glad I have finally found something substantial I can do for vaisnavas. I won't be so depressed anymore.

Those who love Prabhupada's books, enjoy the nectar. Those who don't, watch out! If you read them, they will ruin your life. They will take everything away from you. They will steal your heart. They will make you lose your mind. They will turn you into a madman. There will be no more happiness for you anywhere in this world. You will not be able to enjoy anything else ever again. Nothing will save you. Prabhupada ki jaya!

Sean

PS: NEXT/PREV verse links are not forgotten and sorry for the screwed up sanskrit dictionary. It will be fixed next to include BG, SB and CC words.</font color>

Hare Krishna

R U the incarnation of Vyasadeva for 'vaishnava sites'

by any chance? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

he single handidly wrote the Srimad Bhagavatam as well! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

just kidding.... /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

<font color="blue">No, prabhu. I'm not an incarnation of some great person. I'm just a fallen soul who was fortunate enough to meet vaisnavas empowered by Srila Prabhupada to distribute his books. Until then I was a completely ignorant foolish atheist. I can't write anything teaching people how to love Krishna or how to approach Him because I simply don't know. I'm not a realised soul and I have no attraction for the Holy Name or for the books I've converted to HTML for you. So you better thank Tirtharaj Prabhu (TKG), who is kindly hosting the web site. It's costly and he works very hard to support it with his own hard earned money. Send him an e-mail, thank him in person. You can find his e-mail address on his www.in.com.au site or by doing a google search.

Sean

PS: These books are there not to promote their piracy. Please buy them if you want to have your own copy. If you lack money, earn it, borrow it, or beg. I've tried all three methods myself, they work well. The web site gets updated regularly. Let it be there. It will always be there. Don't jam the traffic for everyone else downloading the whole thing. Your copy will be outdated in a few weeks anyway.</font color>