IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
anveshan

Christ in Vedas

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hello! Mr.M, No hard feelings . I understand you would like to know more about PRAJAPATHY.

I recommend you to go thro a book by Mr.Arvindhaksha Menon named "DIVINE HARMONY" released at DIVINE RETREAT CENTRE,

I recommend that you not heed the recommendations of people who cannot spell properly or write in complete sentences. And while we are on that subject, the whole subject of "Prajapathy" (sic) not being the Jesus of the Bible was discussed to death, and yet it seems that certain Christian sentimentalists want to continue promoting this misconception against all evidence and common sense.

Oh well, what can you do? Some religions don't emphasize honesty, it seems.

Guest guest

srila prabhupada said indeed that jezus 'some kind of shaktyavesa avatara form is

in my humble opinion that term is not so clear to be fully understood

his divine grace is a pure devote whom srila Balarama gave mercy, if a such person said such a thing than to me, this means that his scope of percepcion is greater than mine ...

that you just feel thrown brutally by some iskcon devoties is realy discasting

mirza

When I opened the thread I reread what I had written and was amazed how it described exactly how I feel. It is not ISKCON; it is me. That is my opinion, from the depth of my heart. Absolute honesty - what else can I offer? If I offended then I will go to hell; but I have to go where my heart takes me, otherwise I do not exist.

Right now, my heart takes me away from here.

Guest guest

When I opened the thread I reread what I had written and was amazed how it described exactly how I feel. It is not ISKCON; it is me. That is my opinion, from the depth of my heart. Absolute honesty - what else can I offer? If I offended then I will go to hell; but I have to go where my heart takes me, otherwise I do not exist.

Right now, my heart takes me away from here.

Dear Ghari,

You say that what you wrote is from the depth of your heart. Yet what you wrote, which says something to the effect of how Vaishnavas who do not accept Jesus are not Vaishnavas, implicitly condemns every Vaishnava thinker before Bhaktivinod Thakura, including Sri Caitanya, the six Gosvamis, Sri Madhva, Sri Ramanuja, etc. None of them have written anything about Jesus, and there is no evidence that any of them "accept" Jesus in any way, shape, or form.

You've been given plenty of chances to take back your statement, but thus far I have not seen you do so.

You must have a very crooked heart to condemn so many Vaishnavas with this "statement from the heart" of yours. My suggestion is that you stop taking the high horse, what with your insistence that everyone agree with you lest they be called offensive, and start thinking carefully about what you say.

And yes, it is obvious that your statements were offensive. Anyone who condemns a great Vaishnava devotee like Sri Madhva or Sri Ramanuja as you have done is simply a rascal. I'm sure there will be plenty of Iskcon people who will step forward and flatter you, as they share your Jesus bias, but that does not change the fact that your remarks were offensive and completely out of line.

Guest guest

we have to stop throwing mud at each other. I am sure all of us, one time or another, have said someting which can be considered spur at the moment. We all make mistakes. It's time to make a new thread.

Happy Janmastami

Guest guest

dear prasanna,

it is my humble reqest that you approach the vedas and upanishads with an open mind. i am not suggesting anything nor do i want to put forward a theory. before you come to a conclusion i advise you to read (with an open mind) 'Pemanent History of Bharatha varsha'.

(Rigveda X:90:2)

“Purusha evedam sarvam

Yadbhutham yachabhavyam

Uthaamruthathwasya esaana

Ya daannenathirohathi”

Rigveda X:90:7

“Tham yajnam barhishi proukshan

Purusham jaathamagratha

Thena deva ayajantha

Sadhya rushayaschaye”

Yajurveda XXXI:18, Rigveda X:90:16.

“Thamevam Vidwanamrutha

iha bhavathy

Nanya pandha ayanaya vidyathe”

He is none other than Jesus Christ who came to save this world.

Romans 10:9

“If you confess with your lips that Jesus is the Lord and believe in heart that God raised him from the dead you will be saved.”

If still you need some proof please search for the truth with a meditated mind.Ask who is real God.I did that & found that Jesus is true savior to me.

Prasanna

Guest guest

i know it is a bot difficult to follow. believe in yourself. have faith but never follow a thing blindly. you may not realise it now. think hard, keep tinking. one day you will find yourself in the right track (not with the right answer). all the best..

unbelievable

Guest guest

i know it is a bit difficult to follow. believe in yourself. have faith but never follow a thing blindly. you may not realise it now. think hard, keep tinking. one day you will find yourself in the right track (not with the right answer). all the best..

unbelievable

Guest guest

Srila Prabhupada has referred to Christianity as a MAN-MADE religion, so there is no way that the founder of a man-made religion is mentioned in the Vedas.

Lord Krishna has requested that if we want to follow him and accept him that we must give-up our attachments to our religions and simply surrender unto him. The Vedas have nothing to do with made-made religions and man-made saviours.

Here is what Srila Prabhupada has to say about it.

"MAN-MADE RELIGION HAS NO VALUE. So man-made religions, there are so many religious system, the Hindu religion, Christian religion, Mohammedan religion or this religion, that religion. That is a kind of faith. But religion means the order or the laws given by God. Therefore here it is said, dharmah projjhita-kaitavah atra. Kaitavah means cheating type of religious system. Real religion means "God is there. I am there. God is great. I am subordinate. I must abide by the laws of God." This is religion. At the present moment, under the spell of illusion in this material condition, we have forgotten our real religion. Real religion means to revive our consciousness -- we say, "Krsna consciousness" -- or God consciousness, by which we agree to abide by the laws of God. So Krsna says in the Bhagavad-gita at the end, sarva-dharman parityajya mam ekam saranam vraja [bg. 18.66]. He says that "You have manufactured so many religious system. So you give up all these. You simply surrender unto Me."

But maybe because folks cannot differentiate between man-made religions and Vaisnavas (followers in loving devotion to the Supreme Person). Srila Prabhupada indicates many flaws in the man-made religion of Christianity, yet he never finds flaws in the PERSON known as Lord Jesus Christ. Because he is first class, he knows who is devotee and who is not, can perfectly differentiate between that which is God's and that which is a concoction of man.

Even true christians can make this differentiation, and do not mistake the dubious religion with the teachings of Lord Jesus Christ. Even Jesus Christ teaches this problem, saying "in the future, there will be those who use my name, but dont follow me, and I know them NOT". Srila Prabhupada also gives this warning, stating that those who may dress and act like Vaisnavas may actually be servants of Kali Yuga.

So if yon troublemaker has no way of being paramahamsa, there is no need to comment any further, because you just embarass yourself.

To gHari, I dont read this thread unless i notice theist's presence, and I just read your comment about killing Christ on Christmas. Hit my button completely. I hate seeing crosses on christmas (or any other time, for that matter, why worship the weapon that Killed him). Santa Clause is turning in his grave.

Haribol, ys, mahaksadasa

Guest guest

Santa Clause is turning in his grave.

Haribol, ys, mahaksadasa

Lord Krishna requests that we give up Santa Claus, Jesus, Moses, Mohammed and all the other leaders of religions and surrender unto thim.

sarva-dharman parityajya

mam ekam saranam vraja

aham tvam sarva-papebhyo

moksayisyami ma sucah

SYNONYMS

sarva-dharman--all varieties of religion; parityajya--abandoning; mam--unto Me; ekam--only; saranam--surrender; vraja--go; aham--I; tvam--you; sarva--all; papebhyah--from sinful reactions; moksayisyami--deliver; ma--not; sucah--worry.

TRANSLATION

Abandon all varieties of religion and just surrender unto Me. I shall deliver you from all sinful reaction. Do not fear.

Furthermore, if we really take an objective look at comparitive religiouslity, we will find the great Vaishnava saints to be millions of times greater than Jesus Christ, so why shouldn't we give out attention to them instead of Jesus?

Srila Prabhupada has explained that Jesus is a minor deity in the spiritual firmament and has a long way to go to be on the level of the great Vaishnava saints.

jīvera pāpa lañā muñi karoń naraka bhoga

sakala jīvera, prabhu, ghucāha bhava-roga

SYNONYMS

jīvera — of all conditioned souls; pāpa lañā — accepting the sinful reactions; muñi — I; karoń — do; naraka — hellish life; bhoga — experience; sakala jīvera — of all living entities; prabhu — my dear Lord; ghucāha — please finish; bhava-roga — the material disease.

TRANSLATION

"My dear Lord, let me suffer perpetually in a hellish condition, accepting all the sinful reactions of all living entities. Please finish their diseased material life."

PURPORT

Śrīla Bhaktisiddhānta Sarasvatī Ṭhākura gives the following commentary on this verse. In the Western countries, Christians believe that Lord Jesus Christ, their spiritual master, appeared in order to eradicate all the sins of his disciples. To this end, Lord Jesus Christ appeared and disappeared. Here, however, we find Śrī Vāsudeva Datta Ṭhākura and Śrīla Haridāsa Ṭhākura to be many millions of times more advanced even when compared with Lord Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ relieved only his followers from all sinful reactions, but Vāsudeva Datta is here prepared to accept the sins of everyone in the universe. So the comparative position of Vāsudeva Datta is millions of times better than that of Lord Jesus Christ. A Vaiṣṇava is so liberal that he is prepared to risk everything to rescue the conditioned souls from material existence. Śrīla Vāsudeva Datta Ṭhākura is universal love itself, for he was willing to sacrifice everything and fully engage in the service of the Supreme Lord.

Śrīla Vāsudeva Datta knew very well that Śrī Caitanya Mahāprabhu was the original Personality of Godhead, Transcendence itself, above the material conception of illusion and māyā. Lord Jesus Christ certainly finished the sinful reactions of his followers by his mercy, but that does not mean he completely delivered them from the pangs of material existence. A person may be relieved from sins once, but it is a practice among Christians to confess sins and yet commit them again. By getting freed from sins and again engaging in them, one cannot attain freedom from the pangs of material existence. A diseased person may go to a physician for relief, but after he leaves the hospital he may again be infected due to his unclean habits. Thus material existence continues. Śrīla Vāsudeva Datta wanted to completely relieve the conditioned souls from material existence so that they would no longer have an opportunity to commit sinful acts. This is the significant difference between Śrīla Vāsudeva Datta and Lord Jesus Christ. It is a great offense to receive pardon for sins and then commit the same sins again. Such an offense is more dangerous than the sinful activity itself. Vāsudeva Datta was so liberal that he requested Śrī Caitanya Mahāprabhu to transfer all offensive activity upon him so the conditioned souls would be purified and go back home, back to Godhead. This prayer was certainly without duplicity.

Vāsudeva Datta's example is unique not only within this world but within the universe. It is beyond the conception of fruitive actors or the speculation of mundane philosophers. Due to being illusioned by the external energy and due to a poor fund of knowledge, people tend to envy one another. Because of this they are entangled in fruitive activity, and they try to escape this fruitive activity by mental speculation. Consequently neither karmīs nor jñānīs are purified. In the words of Śrīla Bhaktisiddhānta Ṭhākura, they are kukarmīs and kujñānīs — bad fruitive actors and bad speculators. The Māyāvādīs and karmīs should therefore turn their attention to the magnanimous Vāsudeva Datta, who wanted to suffer for others in a hellish condition. No one should consider Vāsudeva Datta a mundane philanthropist or welfare worker. Nor was he interested in merging into the Brahman effulgence or in gaining material honor or reputation. He was far, far above philanthropists, philosophers and fruitive actors. He was the most exalted personality to ever show mercy to the conditioned souls. This is not an exaggeration of his transcendental qualities. It is perfectly true. Actually, there cannot be any comparison to Vāsudeva Datta. As the perfect Vaiṣṇava, he was para-duḥkha-duḥkhī, very much aggrieved to see others suffer. The entire world is purified simply by the appearance of such a great devotee. Indeed, by his transcendental presence the whole world is glorified and all conditioned souls are also glorified. As Narottama dāsa Ṭhākura confirms, Vāsudeva Datta is the ideal devotee of Śrī Caitanya Mahāprabhu:

gaurāńgera sańgi-gaṇe, nitya-siddha kari' māne,

se yāya vrajendrasuta-pāśa

One who executes Śrī Caitanya Mahāprabhu's mission must be considered eternally liberated. He is a transcendental person and does not belong to this material world. Such a devotee, engaging in the deliverance of the total population, is as magnanimous as Śrī Caitanya Mahāprabhu Himself.

namo mahā-vadānyāya kṛṣṇa-prema-pradāya te

kṛṣṇāya kṛṣṇa-caitanya-nāmne gaura-tviṣe namaḥ

[Madhya 19.53]

Such a personality factually represents Śrī Caitanya Mahāprabhu because his heart is always filled with compassion for all conditioned souls.

Guest guest

What amazes me is that some devotees are so eager and determined to tout the glories of Christ and Christianity, even though the vast majority of Christians, Christian thinkers and philosphers do not acknowledge or accept Krishna consciousness as a genuine religion or religious system.

They don't accept devotees, so why should we care to try and support and legitimize their sentimental religion?

The relationship between Christians and devotees is a one-way street; we accept them but they don't accept us.

Well, I don't see any reason to support or promote a religion that does not respect or appreciate the religions of other peoples and other cultures.

I just get annoyed when devotees get all offended when other devotees don't feel the same sentiment about Christ that they do.

Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Saraswati Goswami Maharaja has exposed how much greater the Vaishnava saints are than Jesus.

If a devotee has strong feelings about Jesus and Christianity, that is something that they should keep private, because such sentiments are not supported or encouraged by the Vaishnava acharyas and most devotees have little sentiment for Jesus.

Guest guest

Sub: Cosmology interlinks Vedas

Any quotation from Vedas must be duly acknowledged.

It is the interpretors who are the most mis-leading.

This forum must help to project in-adequacy of each sect or cult.

There are many YOGIS who are developing their Spiritual plane from the

Physical Body - YOGA ESWARAH is Lord KRISHNA.

To imitate is the symptom of an actor but not the TRUTH.

To say that CHRIST is mentioned in the VEDAS is a basic Mis-nomer.

Many Research scholars from west are searching

HOW Spiritual Values are degraded through back-door Copy methods ?

Big-Bang is invented to save christian Values or sub-conscious Ego

A Sub-conscious Ego will not find vision leave alone to justufy or

interpret KNOWLEDGE THROUGH VEDAS.

Physical practices to divide or confuse MINDS without looking at

YOGA- which links SUBTLE BODY is the most dangerous predicament today.

I earnestly appeal to discourage such posts inorder to save the skin.

Rather, it would be worthwhile to search for COSMIC CONSCIOUS KNOWLEDGE

that binds all YOGIS - Christ is respected as YOGI but not GOD-

and so also many YOGIS acknowledge inadequacies in perception.

That is the REASON WHY LORD KRISHNA IS considered to be guiding spirit

to all HUMAN BEINGS- Christins. Muslims, Zorastrians, Hindus and Biddhists

ANY DISCUSSION MUST ATTEMPT TO UNITE THE SPIRITUAL PLANE through CONSCIOUSNESS. THE ORIGINS lie through VEDAS.

INDIAN INTELLECTUALS MUST FIND AVENUES to see binding threads

together not evasive groups that do damage by posting such threads

equating Christianity with Vedas. We have no right to misled the

next generation.

ALL RELIGIONS MUST SEARCH FOR UNITY

UNITY OF CONSCIOUSNESS IN SCIENCE, RELIGION AND PHILOSOPHY

Vidyardhi Nanduri

Cosmology World Peace

Search: Cosmology interlinks

The relationship between Christians and devotees is a one-way street; we accept them but they don't accept us.
Yes, once again demonstrating the higher position of the Vaishnava. We can see Godliness everywhere, but they can only see it in their church. They have yet to advance beyond the veil of the words and idioms of their teachings.

In thiis age of the internet it is absolutely shameful that so many Christian clerics have remained backwards heehaw religious rednecks. Their laziness, insincerity and arrogance cause them to miss so much mercy, even very likely missing the boat entirely due to pompous offense.

The great saint and Vaishnava Acarya, Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada has explained to his disciples:

KRSNa, Christ... Of course, this question was several times put to me. Christ says that "I am son of God." And KRSNa says "I am God." So there is no difference. Son of God and God, we respect everyone. If I respect your father, I respect you also. Do you mean to say if I disrespect your father, you'll be pleased upon me? No. That is our philosophy. So Caitanya MahAprabhu says that I am servant of the servant of the servant of the servant of the servant of KRSNa [Cc. Madhya 13.80].
So if anyone loves KRSNa, he must love Lord Jesus Christ also. And if one perfectly loves Jesus Christ he must love KRSNa. If he says, "Why shall I love KRSNa? I shall love Jesus Christ," then he has no knowledge. And if one says, "Why shall I love Jesus Christ? I shall love...", then he has also no knowledge. If one understands KRSNa, then he will understand Jesus Christ. If one understands Jesus Christ, you'll understand KRSNa.

So this is the true position of the Vaishnava. And it should be the true position of the Christian as well.

So let it be done.

Guest guest

What amazes me is that some devotees are so eager and determined to tout the glories of Christ and Christianity, even though the vast majority of Christians, Christian thinkers and philosphers do not acknowledge or accept Krishna consciousness as a genuine religion or religious system.

They don't accept devotees, so why should we care to try and support and legitimize their sentimental religion?

Well, I don't see any reason to support or promote a religion that does not respect or appreciate the religions of other peoples and other cultures.

I just get annoyed when devotees get all offended when other devotees don't feel the same sentiment about Christ that they do.

Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Saraswati Goswami Maharaja has exposed how much greater the Vaishnava saints are than Jesus.

If a devotee has strong feelings about Jesus and Christianity, that is something that they should keep private, because such sentiments are not supported or encouraged by the Vaishnava acharyas and most devotees have little sentiment for Jesus.

sounds reasonable to me

hari hari bol

Guest guest

The great saint and Vaishnava Acarya, Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada has explained to his disciples:

KRSNa, Christ... Of course, this question was several times put to me. Christ says that "I am son of God." And KRSNa says "I am God." So there is no difference. Son of God and God, we respect everyone. If I respect your father, I respect you also. Do you mean to say if I disrespect your father, you'll be pleased upon me? No. That is our philosophy. So Caitanya MahAprabhu says that I am servant of the servant of the servant of the servant of the servant of KRSNa [Cc. Madhya 13.80].
So if anyone loves KRSNa, he must love Lord Jesus Christ also. And if one perfectly loves Jesus Christ he must love KRSNa. If he says, "Why shall I love KRSNa? I shall love Jesus Christ," then he has no knowledge. And if one says, "Why shall I love Jesus Christ? I shall love...", then he has also no knowledge. If one understands KRSNa, then he will understand Jesus Christ. If one understands Jesus Christ, you'll understand KRSNa.

So this is the true position of the Vaishnava. And it should be the true position of the Christian as well.

So let it be done.

But why would a Christian care what Prabhupada had to say? Christians don't make a habit of listening to eastern religious leaders speak, or paying attention to the teachings of non-Christian religions or sects.

Remember what the founder of western Gentile Christianity, the Apostle Paul said in his epistle to the church of Galatia: "there are some that trouble you and would pervert the gospel of Christ. But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach a gospel to you besides that which we have preached to you, let him be anathema." (Galatians 1:7-8)

Of course a Vaishnava is free to learn from a non-Vedic teacher, like Christ, because they accept that their can be realized souls outside of Vedic traditions. But orthodox Christians who follow the Bible cannot accept anyone that preaches a spiritual system that contradicts the Pauline gospel of salvation by faith in Christ's death, burial and resurrection. The Gita does not mention putting faith in God's only begotten Son, and his substitutionary sacrifice for the remission of our sins. So orthodox Christians do not read it or accept those who teach from the Gita or other non-Biblical texts, as bonafide preachers of the gospel of Jesus Christ or representatives of Jehovah.

Guest guest

How is your attitude spiritual in any way?

You expect something for what you give, that's not spiritual at all. Giving selflessly without expectation of reward is what it's all about. Besides, why bother with what Christians feel? They're not Christ. We don't know who Christ was, or whether he would approve of other religions, but that doesn't make him deserving of contempt or neglect. We can only appreciate his teachings that seem to come from God, and praise him for that. We don't need to condemn or rebuke what his devotees say he said, because neither we, nor they really know anything about what Christ truly meant or how Christ truly felt.

There is evidence that Jesus went to India during his "lost years". Do a google search for "Unknown Life of Christ" and you will find Notovitch's translation of a document he found in a Buddhist monastery in Tibet, an ancient account of Jesus's life in India and Tibet. (Others have seen and translated the document, including Swami Abhedhananda, and other disciples of Ramakrishna) Though the document purports that Jesus was a Buddhist, it can be posited from this and from Jesus teachings that he was a Sanatana Dharmi, adapting the dharma of India to the understanding of the Israelites. It seems the people of the area at that time were not ready to understand what he taught. They either hated him, or distorted his teaching through their lack of comprehension. Modern Christianity is not Christian.

Guest guest

What exactly is the matter with you? This is a Gaudiya Vaishnava forum! Where else would we be talking about Jesus? Are you suggesting that Jesus is not a Vaishnava? Shame on you.

You must stop your offensive mentality if you wish to attain the Kingdom of God and have the personal association of our Heavenly Father, hallowed be His name.

Guest guest
Jesus Christ relieved only his followers from all sinful reactions, but Vāsudeva Datta is here prepared to accept the sins of everyone in the universe. So the comparative position of Vāsudeva Datta is millions of times better than that of Lord Jesus Christ. A Vaiṣṇava is so liberal that he is prepared to risk everything to rescue the conditioned souls from material existence.

But why would a Christian care what Prabhupada had to say?

Indeed, who cares?

The truth is the truth, no matter who says it.

We can only demonstrate that truth and carry it to the world on behalf of Srila Prabhupada. Unless of course, we have our own conflicting agenda.

It does not seem to have been produced by a scholar, given the many typos and spelling errors.

I will not remember any of it. I have forgotten it already.

dear friends

it's not the thing of argument it is the thing to check/test

i am not giving testimony ..........i am asking you to just test who is the real god

there are so many things i can say............but the thing is that until and unless u experience it u can't fully accept.

"just with a true heart search who is god (it's not physical but spiritual)then only u 'll certainly find your creator(GOD)."

it is very very very important b'coz it 'll determine your eternity.................

This is what will happen when everyone starts to write on spiritual.

spiritual and God is something to be realize and known by own. Vedhas or bible could guide for only some level.

The aim of spiritual is to attain enlightenment and later Nibhana/Mukti which means merge oneself with God and

stop rebirth which cause only suffer in the world. In between, arguments of does Jesus mentioned in vedhas, who is the real savior, or whatever will doesnt help at all. Even Jesus would not like that. Try wake up and concentrate on achieving the Nibhana/Mukti. Appa Dippo Bhava (Be A Light Unto YourSelf)