IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
vsdprasad

BENEFITS OF WATER

Rate this topic

Myth No. 1: We need to drink at least eight 8-ounce glasses of water a day

Researchers aren't sure where this familiar advice came from, but most agree there's very little solid scientific evidence to support it. The average adult loses only about 1 liter of water a day through sweating and other bodily processes -- the equivalent of only four 8-ounce glasses. We typically get that much water just in the foods we eat. Drinking an additional eight tall glasses of H20 is probably more fluid than most of us need.

The excess water will pass through your system and help cleanse many impurities out of it. It is not that you will die if you don't drink this extra water, but it is beneficial for the bodies functioning.

Guest guest

Aloha beloveds, i'm Angelika from O'ahu, Hawaii and want to say that i LOVE reading not only your words, but, the Light & love that infuses each post!!

Stonehearted & Hawai'i, I too had Migranes for many years, sometimes 5!! a week!! Argh. Finally, i listened to the constant messages the universe provided about avoiding the 'Nightshade Family' & ALAKAZAM, the migrains went away 99%. Nightshade Family is eggplant, tomatoes, potatoes, etc.

I tried the 'Water Cure' for about two months a few years ago & took B vitamins & Minerals because I felt like I was washing away all my nutrients. I'd like to try again though, maybe this Friday with the Full Moon.

Hope i can sign on again soon~ Aloha, Angelika

Aloha, Angelika. Five migraines a week!?! How can anyone live under such conditions? I don't remember reading that nightshades can be migraine triggers, and I've read a lot about migraines. I have heard that they seem to aggravate arthritic pain, and I remember wondering whether life without tomatoes, potatoes and eggplant is worth living. /images/graemlins/wink.gif I may try this.

I think the water program is good for just about anyone, if you can deal with the incnveniences in the early morning. It's just more than I can deal with when I also have classes to teach and the other responsibilities that attend my job. But I will do it again from time to time, when I can. In the meantime, I keep very well hydrated anyway, since I'm an old runner. I drink lots of water, and I don't drink soft drinks, etc.

Where do you live on O'ahu? Do you ever visit the Hare Krishna temple in Nuuanu? The woman who manages it, Kusha, is a dear friend of mine since 1970 and is really nice. If you go, tell her Babhru and Satyaki (my wife) send their love.

So don't drink water. Then, when you're 56, let's see if your health is as good as mine is (I probably won't be around then, but maybe you'll remember me). I'll bet I'm fitter than you in many ways. I have neck problems (due to several bodysurfing mishaps) and migraines (which may be connected to the neck problems), and creaky knees because of 43 years of running and some surfing accidents, and I'm not as limber as I used to be (only because I don't have time for yoga as I used to), but I'm probably still in better shape than many here who are 30 or 40 years younger than I.

Pass me the water.

Guest guest

Water is needed for our body and I am not saying that drinking water is bad prabhu, but making your body drink large amounts of water by force is an unecessary act.

Water is needed for our body and drinking more water is probably more healthy. Also, I am sure that you are more healthy than I am and I also hope you stay in this world with your health until I am 50 years old, that was not the argument.

what I was emphasizing was on our bodies' need of water. We don't need that much amount of water and ingesting so much water is just an act that produces unecessary pain and discomfort.

I_love_krishna_

Guest guest

I made my parents try it, they have diabetes, This method did not cure their diabetes like it said it would in 7 days.

I_love_krishna_

Guest guest

You might want to find information on "Bitter Gourd" for diabetes. I have heard this bitter vegetable really helps.

-visitor123

But I think we have to wait until modern science finds a cure to make new islet cells from embryonic stem cells . I don't think there is a cure for it through ayurvedic means. If there was, then probably every one would have been rushing toward it, which is rare anywhere in the world.

Sorry if I was cranky last night. There is plenty of controversy among physicians over the common wisdom that we should drink at least 8 cups of water a day. Nevertheless, drinking somewhat more water than we need at lest flushes the kidneys, and a drastic approach such as this one does seem to flush many other parts of the body as well.

And I hope that when you're 50, you feel as well all the time as I do on my best days.

Guest guest

"O son of Kunti, I am the taste of water, the light of the sun and the moon, the syllable om in the Vedic mantras; I am the sound in ether and ability in man." Bg 7.8

Guest guest

Hi there all water users/proponets and fence sitters

i have recently started on 750ml (instead of 1.25L) of water after brushing in the morning in 5-7 minutes. i have been doing it for about 10 days and i am so far quite happy with the results. i started it as i am a health foodie and exercise fanatic. my outcome are interesting - somehow i feel better all day, my waste products do not smell (i hear you say - let others be judge of that!). the overall process is easier and more complete. Jokes aside fellas, water is good stuff. i have changed the drinking pattern a bit, i use lukewarm water. Recently i have started adding one capsule of inner health plus (it contains acidophilous, lactobacilus etc - stuff you will find in yogurt but in the capsule it is strengthened - bless those westerners!) and the results are more refreshing.

So all the fence sitters, go there and drink water. the things you will lose will benefit you.

cheers

Is there a website or a link somewhere where we can study this water therapy further? I believe I read where one poster (Krsnanatha?) said his Dad has cancer. My Mom has terminal cancer as well. Most people will not undergo such drastic measures unless they acquire some faith in them through reading about them, either in a book or a website. VsdPrasad prabhu, do you have a link that you can share with us so that we can study this further? It would help to answer some of our questions, as well as provide more in-depth information for those who wish to practice this seriously. I don't think my Mom would put much stock in this if I told her that I don't have any reading material to offer, only that I saw the idea mentioned on an internet bulletin board.

Thanks for any further info or links you can provide. It does sound intriguing, to say the least. I would agree with the others that we are probably so dehydrated we don't even know it.

Dear mxyzp...

I am sorry to hear that your parents both have cancer, I was diagnosed with cancer of the throat last year. I have since then compiled a large file about complementary treatments and alternative treatments.

A couple of months ago i got the all clear after extensive chemo therapy and radiology. During that time i used a lot of different supplements and therapies which helped a lot.

The text is full of plain good advice and so on about what might help and is not something that tries to sell you something inside, I did it to inform others and it also might open the readers eyes about the parmaceutical industries which claim that apart from radiology, chemotherapy and surgery, nothing would help

Its to much to post here, if u are interested send me your email to 321sleep@grimsbyhypnosis.co.uk and i send you the file for free.

Haribol Ys Devarsirat das A