IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Avinash

Vegetables and fruits for to take care of eyes

Rate this topic

I remember having read that carrots and sugarcanes help in this regard. But I have not tried these for sufficiently long time to know how much these help. That is why I wanted to know if some can give suggestions based on their knowledge and/or experience.

I don't think that sugarcane can be used as part of regular meal. Though carrots can be used.

Green leafy vegetables are also good sources in this regard.

Its difficult to conclude the subjective experience of eating spinach and having healthy eyes because you eat a lot of other items along with its curry.

-Prasad.

I think it may be the beta carotene in carrots and other vegetables that helps the eyes. there is an herb called appropriately enough, eyebright, that you may want to look into.

Guest guest

there are herb mixtures for the eyes you can get,they are usually called eye something or another, at

health food stores,or even supermarkets or megalo marts,

they usually include bayberry and eyebright,the best are made from extracts.

the best food source is kidney beans,which is also the higest food source for phyto-estrogen.

Guest guest

Besides, carrot and spinach, papaya and mango are also good source of vitamin A which is good for eyes. Also the green leafy "Gangabavi" (in Telugu) "Parupu chetti keerai" (in Tamil) are good for eyes.

Guest guest

Dr. Vasant Lad & Dr.David Frawley-both are Ayurvedic in their practices & very good info books such as THE YOGA OF HERBS by Dr. Frawley They are on the internet, look them up. You can order that book from www.krishnaculture.com out of Houston,Texas

Guest guest

This is the first large-scale prospective study to examine diet and age-related maculopathy (macular degeneration). Participants in the study included more than 77 thousand women in the Nurse's Health Study and almost 41 thousand men in The Health Professionals Follow-up Study. The study found that the more fruit a person ate, the less likely the severe form of macular degeneration. Two fruits -- oranges and bananas -- took the cake (so to speak).

Our Comment: This is a carefully designed study. The results were cautiously interpreted. The findings look important to us. Fruit is good for you and your eyes.

Barbara K. Hecht, Ph.D.

Frederick Hecht, M.D.

Medical Editors, MedicineNet.com

http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=33318

Eating 5 or more servings of colorful fruits and vegetables a day is part of an important plan for healthier living. That’s because deeply hued fruits and vegetables provide the wide range of vitamins, minerals, fiber, and phytochemicals your body needs to maintain good health and energy levels, protect against the effects of aging, and reduce the risk of cancer and heart disease.*

* Diets rich in fruits and vegetables may reduce the risk of some types of cancer and other chronic diseases.

Choose the Colors of Health

It’s all about color – blue/purple, green, white, yellow/orange, and red – and the power of colorful fruits and vegetables to promote good health. So when you're grocery shopping, planning your meals or dining out, think color.

And for variety, make it 5 A Day The Color Way:

BLUE/PURPLE

Boost the level of BLUE/PURPLE in your low-fat diet to help maintain:

• A lower risk of some

cancers*

• Urinary tract health

• Memory function

• Healthy aging

Beat the Effects of Aging

Blue/purple fruits and vegetables contain varying amounts of health-promoting phytochemicals such as anthocyanins and phenolics, currently being studied for their antioxidant and anti-aging benefits. Get blue/purple every day with foods such as:

Blackberries

Blueberries

Black currants

Dried plums

Elderberries

Purple figs

Purple grapes

Plums

Raisins

Purple asparagus

Purple cabbage

Purple carrots

Eggplant

Purple Belgian endive

Purple peppers

Potatoes (purple fleshed)

Black salsify

GREEN

Add GREEN to your low-fat diet to maintain:

• A lower risk of some cancers*

• Vision health

• Strong bones and teeth

Go Green. Go Healthy.

Green fruits and vegetables contain varying amounts of potent phytochemicals such as lutein and indoles, which interest researchers because of their potential antioxidant, health-promoting benefits. Go green every day with fruits and vegetables like these:

Avocados

Green apples

Green grapes

Honeydew

Kiwifruit

Limes

Green pears

Artichokes

Arugula

Asparagus

Broccoflower

Broccoli

Broccoli rabe

Brussels sprouts

Chinese cabbage

Green beans

Green cabbage

Celery

Chayote squash

Cucumbers

Endive

Leafy greens

Leeks

Lettuce

Green onion

Okra

Peas

Green pepper

Sno Peas

Sugar snap peas

Spinach

Watercress

Zucchini

WHITE

Working WHITE into your low-fat diet helps maintain:

• Heart health

• Cholesterol levels that are already healthy

White for Wellness

White, tan, and brown fruits and vegetables contain varying amounts of phytochemicals of interest to scientists. These include allicin, found in the onion family. Get all the health benefits of white by including foods such as:

Bananas

Brown pears

Dates

White nectarines

White peaches

Cauliflower

Garlic

Ginger

Jerusalem artickoke

Jicama

Kohlrabi

Mushrooms

Onions

Parsnips

Potatoes (white fleshed)

Shallots

Turnips

White Corn

YELLOW/ORANGE

Make YELLOW/ORANGE a part of your low-fat diet to help maintain:

• Heart health

• Vision health

• A healthy immune system

Powerful Antioxidants

Orange and yellow fruits and vegetables contain varying amounts of antioxidants such as vitamin C as well as carotenoids and bioflavonoids, two classes of phytochemicals that scientists are studying for their health-promoting potential. Every day, include orange and yellow fruits and vegetables like these:

Yellow apples

Apricots

Cantaloupe

Cape Gooseberries

Yellow figs

Grapefruit

Golden kiwifruit

Lemon

Mangoes

Nectarines

Oranges

Papayas

Peaches

Yellow pears

Persimmons

Pineapples

Tangerines

Yellow watermelon

Yellow beets

Butternut squash

Carrots

Yellow peppers

Yellow potatoes

Pumpkin

Rutabagas

Yellow summer squash

Sweet corn

Sweet potatoes

Yellow tomatoes

Yellow winter squash

RED

Be sure to include RED in your low-fat diet to help maintain:

• Heart health

• Memory function

• Urinary tract health

Red-hot and Healthy

The specific phytochemicals in the red group being studied for their health-promoting properties include lycopene and anthocyanins. Get your reds every day by eating fruits and vegetables such as:

Red apples

Blood oranges

Cherries

Cranberries

Red grapes

Pink/Red grapefruit

Red pears

Pomegranates

Raspberries

Strawberries

Watermelon

Beets

Red peppers

Radishes

Radicchio

Red onions

Red potatoes

Rhubarb

Tomatoes

http://www.5aday.com/html/colorway/colorway_home.php

Guest guest

there is a grow of flesh on my eye boll it start with my left eye 2 years ago it is gradually spreading day by day resently its started in my right eye can you suggest any natural things for this

Guest guest

cud anyone here tell me wht do u call cranberries in hindi??where can i buy or get it from??

"there is a grow of flesh on my eye boll it start with my left eye 2 years ago it is gradually spreading day by day resently its started in my right eye can you suggest any natural things for this"

this looks to me like a parasite induced growth. you should take some very strong anti-parasitic medicine. this is no joke. parasites in that part of the body can easily kill you and affect your brain. I make very good anti-parasitic formula, you can read about it in the Marketplace section of this forum.