IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
livingentity

Temple live webcams

Rate this topic

Guest guest

It is excellent. You can get nice closeups of the deities etc. There is also live audio. I visit everyday!

Oh, and you can also snap pictures or save videos. I love seeing the dresses each day! So beautiful.

has had a link on their site to a webcam for a very long time but it is still not operating.

Maybe now that LA has their cameras other temples will follow suit and do the same.

I am looking forward to the other cameras being installed in LA. I think it will be after the construction is completed.

Guest guest

I have been attending Mangala Arotika, Srimad Bhagavatam class, and Bhagavad-Gita class in New Dwaraka from 3000 miles away on the Internet. For someone like me, who does not attend Mangala Arotika otherwise, this Is a Godsend.

It seems that as religious principles become more degraded, we become more technologically advanced. So the best thing is using these technological advancements for Krishna consciousness. This forum is one example of that. Being able to attend temple functions from one's computer on the Internet is another great example. This could be a great boon for persons confined to hospital or incarcerated.

I agree! I attend now each and every day - otherwise I am not able to do so as I also live very very far from any temples.

I really enjoy and look forward to seeing what the deities will be wearing! I am forever snapping pictures and saving them for later viewing.

And seeing Tulsi devi worship in the morning is glorious!!

Whenever I try to do something, I get a message that says, "ActiveX downloading please refresh." But when I click he Refresh button (or do anything at all), this message just comes back. Am I missing some software? My machine's a P3 with 512M of RAM, so I don't think that's the problem.

It requires the latest version of Windows DirectX player. But this latest version is not compatible with windows NT. So, if you have a windows NT OS, you can only use the JPEG image viewer. For other MS operating systems, you can download the latest version here http://www.microsoft.com/windows/directx/default.aspx?url=/windows/directx/downloads/default.htm and watch the video.

try to view it through my servers window. I have to go to my desktop and open the internet explorer window and i have no problems at all from there. This seems to be a common problem if you are on either AOL or compuserve.

It works with Internet Explorer! Of course, now I have a great shot of the doors and the box. Will there be anyone there for sandhya arati? I was just at the Honolulu temple last week (home, sweet home!), and there were more Deities than devotees at the evening program and at mangal arati. (It was often the case when I lived in San Diego, too.)

Thanks, LE!

I am glad to hear it works for you. Now, click on "new camera" and then on temple room camera and you will see a fuller view.

If you then go back to the first camera you can click on the camera ptz control button on the right and a window will pop up (move it out of the way of your view) and you can then have the camera focus on the deities better and also move around the room a bit. The first camera is the only one that does that so far.

You can take a snap shot if you see a shot you particularly like and save it but it will not work if the ptz control window is open.

Yes, someone will be there for all aratis and classes.

Guest guest

Does anybody know how you can synchronize the sound and video? When I use Winamp (Realplayer does not seem to want to open the file), there is almost a two-minute delay between the video and the sound. In other words, is there a way I can make the sound and video arrive at the same time?

I think it has something to do with your connection. I am on a telephone modem and I have the same problem. If I am not mistaken someone with broadband or satellite connection will not experience this. I have access to a computer that is on satellite and I will try to remember to test the site out on it and see if there is a difference.

BTW, they are still working on the cameras so sometimes some of them are not focused or set correctly for proper viewing.

Guest guest

Livingentity, thank you for your reponse, but I don't think that's the answer, since I am on a cable (broadband)connection. I guess someting needs to be tweaked either on our end or their end.

Guest guest

it would seem that broadband would not have this problem. Since they are still working on the the cameras - it is probably on their end. write to them and ask about it. They are very helpful and will write back within a day or so.

I am looking forward to the finalized version of the cameras - since this is still being set up - the deities are not always in view. Sometimes the cameras are not set up properly during the construction etc.