IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

When is it the right time to go over to the Gaudiya Math?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Life moves on.

Last Gaurapurnima night the fireworks attracted about 7,000 people to the Math from the surrounding area. There were 6,000 in the Math's parikrama party as well, all gathered for the festival.

The morning Sri Govinda Kunda was filled with pieces of the fireworks and litter left by the Nabadwip bhasis. We jumped in the kunda, on that hot morning, and spent several hours making everything spotless and tidy again.

When I stood on the steps of the ghat collecting fireworks wrappers the big fish were looking up at me from the water and smiling.

May Sri Govinda Kunda be the object of my constant rememberance.

Guest guest

I wrote "The morning Sri Govinda Kunda"

I meant to say "The next morning Sri Govinda Kunda"

Guest guest

Life moves on.

Last Gaurapurnima night the fireworks attracted about 7,000 people to the Math from the surrounding area. There were 6,000 in the Math's parikrama party as well, all gathered for the festival.

The morning Sri Govinda Kunda was filled with pieces of the fireworks and litter left by the Nabadwip bhasis. We jumped in the kunda, on that hot morning, and spent several hours making everything spotless and tidy again.

When I stood on the steps of the ghat collecting fireworks wrappers the big fish were looking up at me from the water and smiling.

May Sri Govinda Kunda be the object of my constant rememberance.

I haven't had the luxury of going to India in many years. I have been raising three kids alone for the last 10 years and struggling to get by.

My parents bought me a little bungalow in this area and I live comfortably, but certainly never having the resources to fly back and forth to India.

Even hearing his audio tapes can bring me to tears.

I have had bhava dreams where I was setting in front of him listening to him and crying to pitifully.

In one dream I looked in his eyes and his eyes rolled back in his head and he went into trance and took me with him and I saw a vision of Navadvip kirtan.

There are mystic experiences to be had even to this day.

Nitai Gaura Hari bol, Nitai Gaura Hari bol, Nitail Gaura Hari bol, Dayal Nitai, Dayal Nitai, Mahaprabhu Gauranga Sundar, Mahaprabhu Gauranga Sundar,

Caitanya, Caitanya, Nitai Gaura Hari bol, Nitai Gaura Hari bol...

Guest guest

I had some problems with Sudhir Maharaja when he became initiating guru and Brahma das was coercing new devotees to take initiation from Sudhir Maharaja. the picture on the altar etc,.....

I left the movement in frustration and I haven't been back since.

I doubt I ever will.

It's easy to say a group or movement are wrong because of things that happened years ago. It's easy to blast Sudhir or Yudha for things that happened long ago in Santa Cruz. But Sudhir and Y are not the same anymore. Neither are you, I expect.

We can blast the movement as you call it but this movement you blast has opened centres in Siberia and 3 centres in China. These centres have not been at the expense of ISKCON either. SCSMath doesn't take people from ISKCON and for that reason ISKCON managerment is generally friendly with SCSMath. Yes Yudha was a rascal in the past but look where he is now. And are you sinless, that you can throw the first stone? Consider this too. It isn't Srila Sridhar Maharaj planning this Siberian adventure or the opening of temples on the silk route in Western China. Srila Sridhar Maharaj inspired us then and he inspires us now too -- but the person he put in the Acharya's chair is also inspiring for these young people in China pictured below.

Life moves on.

Guest guest

I'm unable to post the picture or links I mentioned in the post above. Must be the Chinese govt. censors!

But Sudhir and Y are not the same anymore. Neither are you, I expect.

Sudhir Goswami gives great classes and is an equally good writer when his focuses on the advices of his guardians. But, I must say I am appalled by the visciousness of his attacks on NM (also T. Swami) and his followers. We become angry when we try to control the environment and the outcome of events. The SCSM needs to let the NM issue go and focus on the positive message of Srila Sridhar Maharaja and Srila Govinda Maharaja. There is no reason to make an unholy alliance with ISKCON. Their GBC men blaspheme Srila Govinda Maharaja behind his and the SCSM devotees backs. I have first hand experience of this. People are going to do what they're going to do, get over it, and get out the positive message of the happy waves emanating from Navadvipa.

Guest guest

It's easy to say a group or movement are wrong because of things that happened years ago. It's easy to blast Sudhir or Yudha for things that happened long ago in Santa Cruz. But Sudhir and Y are not the same anymore. Neither are you, I expect.

We can blast the movement as you call it but this movement you blast has opened centres in Siberia and 3 centres in China. These centres have not been at the expense of ISKCON either. SCSMath doesn't take people from ISKCON and for that reason ISKCON managerment is generally friendly with SCSMath. Yes Yudha was a rascal in the past but look where he is now. And are you sinless, that you can throw the first stone? Consider this too. It isn't Srila Sridhar Maharaj planning this Siberian adventure or the opening of temples on the silk route in Western China. Srila Sridhar Maharaj inspired us then and he inspires us now too -- but the person he put in the Acharya's chair is also inspiring for these young people in China pictured below.

Life moves on.

I didn't feel that I was "blasting" anyone - much less the whole group.

I was just explaining why I left institutional life and why I have no plans to ever return.

I NEVER "blasted" Yudha at all ever!

He never pretended to be anything except a grhasta doing service.

I have no problems with that.

I have no grudge against Sudhir Maharaja.

He had his own issues to deal with and he appears to be back in full force.

Please don't accuse me blasting anyone.

I don't blast anyone.

I might not agree with everyone and express those disagreements, but I don't consider myself the blaster of anyone.

Can't a person disagree with anyone without being considered a "blaster".

Blasting is what the Muslims do.

They do it with high explosives.

I don't blast.

I disagree.

Guest guest

A Holy Alliance, in my view.

ISKCON and SCSM have a better relationship than ISKCON and Narayana Maharaja's group for one simple reason; SCSM genuinely respects and appreciates ISKCON more than the other group does and they don't make nuisance around ISKCON temples.

Narayana Maharaja has been very critical of ISKCON leaders for many years.

SCSM has virtually not made a peep about ISKCON leadership.

That's why they have a more holy relationship of mutual respect.

The devotees of SCSM have NEVER preached the kind of absolute acceptance of Sridhar Maharaja or Govinda Maharaja that the followers of Narayana Maharaja have been preaching for years and years.

It's easy to see why ISKCON and SCSM have a more congenial relationship.

You don't have to be a Sanskrit nerd to figure that one out.

Guest guest

I didn't feel that I was "blasting" anyone - much less the whole group.

I was just explaining why I left institutional life and why I have no plans to ever return.

I NEVER "blasted" Yudha at all ever!

He never pretended to be anything except a grhasta doing service.

I have no problems with that.

I have no grudge against Sudhir Maharaja.

He had his own issues to deal with and he appears to be back in full force.

Please don't accuse me blasting anyone.

I don't blast anyone.

I might not agree with everyone and express those disagreements, but I don't consider myself the blaster of anyone.

Can't a person disagree with anyone without being considered a "blaster".

Blasting is what the Muslims do.

They do it with high explosives.

I don't blast.

I disagree.

sorry

Guest guest

sorry

it's no biggie.

I am very thick-skinned when it comes to taking personal criticism.

My life has been tough for a long time.

I certainly don't let little things bother me when have got real issues like birth, death, old age and disease to deal with.

try raising teen-agers in today's world.

Then you will find out what real challenge is about.

The differences between ISKCON and any given other "Indian" group following Bhaktisiddhanta are substantially greater than the differences between the Indian groups. Therefore, a division between the two is befitting.

Why must we find ONE collective term to classify them? Because sometimes we need to collectively refer to them, but separate from ISKCON. I've also read and heard a great number of representatives of these different branches refer to themselves as "Gaudiya Math".

Then, I think this point is just a matter of wrangling, and I am not willing to engage in wrangling, especially not in Kripamoya ad-hoc style.

Guest guest

Then, I think this point is just a matter of wrangling, and I am not willing to engage in wrangling, especially not in Kripamoya ad-hoc style.

Geez Madhava, I thought my ad hoc wrangling was invoking some very informative and inspired reactions from yooz Sanskrit nerds who have direct access to shastra.

Ignernt Americans like myself can simply rely on Srila Prabhupada and Sridhar Maharaja to tell us what is in the shastra because we can't read Sanskrit and thus have NO direct access to shastra.

I'm sorry about my ad hoc ways Madhava.

I do appreciate you and understand that you are thousands of times more intelligent than me.

I believe just about every so-called "GM Guru", including Srila Sridhar Maharaj, has disassociated themselves from "Gaudiya Math".

Sridhar Maharaja was never a GM (Gaudiya Matha) guru.

It is very bad practice to try and classify him as such.

Even after establishing his own Matha, Sridhar Maharaja was doubtful about accepting disciples. He only had a very few disciples.

Then, on an occasion of pilgrimage to Eka-chakra (birthplace of Nityananda prabhu), Lord Nityananda appeared to Sridhar Maharaja in a dream and told him not to be reluctant to accept disciples.

After that, Sridhar Maharaja was more open to accepting disciples into his Sri Caitanya Saraswata Matha.

Sridhar Maharaja was never a guru of the Gaudiya Matha institution.

Well excuuse me, prabhu. I only used the phrase "GM guru" within quotes, to quote how ISKCON and rtvks refer to everyone in the line of Bhaktisiddhanta that is not within the ISKCON umbrella.

Again, none of the current acharyas or acharya lineages still have this official "Gaudiya Math" affiliation. If an acharya was in Gaudiya Math as a disciple, they formed their own missions as acharyas. Srila Sridhar Maharaj formed his own mission, as did Srila BP Keshava Maharaj, Srila BD Madhava Maharaj, Srila BP Puri Maharaj, and Srila BV Puri Maharaj.