IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

When is it the right time to go over to the Gaudiya Math?

Rate this topic

Just what do you mean by other camps?

Hello matta, hello Pitta

Here I am at Camp ISKCONada

Camp is very entertaining

And they say we'll have some fun if it the Rtviks stop complaining.

Remember my Zonal guru, the one than preached in Urdu, The GBC just caught him breaking his curfew...:)

:D :D :D

People seem to ignore that fact that Sridhar Maharaja left the Gaudiya Matha and established his own matha called Sri Caitanya Saraswata Matha.

Technically as well as practically, the institution of Sridhar Maharaja was NOT Gaudiya Matha.

As Sridhar Maharaja said that he did not allow even things that his spiritual master allowed, his Matha was definitely NOT Gaudiya Matha.

I believe just about every so-called "GM Guru", including Srila Sridhar Maharaj, has disassociated themselves from "Gaudiya Math".

Guest guest

Actually, I was one of the orginal persons to formally protest the zonal guru system.

I have several letters that were exchanged between myself and Satsvarupa Maharaja on the issue.

when I wrote him and complained that a guru has to be accepted on faith and NOT a zonal consideration, he wrote me back and said that he would present my complaint and my letter at the next GBC meeting.

That was what started the move to get away from the zonal guru system.

Satsvarupa Maharaja was behind the transition.

I still have the letters from Satsvarupa Maharaja to show that it was my letters to him that got him to seeing the wrongs of a zonal guru system.

KBdas

Guest guest

I believe just about every so-called "GM Guru", including Srila Sridhar Maharaj, has disassociated themselves from "Gaudiya Math".

Technically Sridhar Maharaja was not Gaudiya Math but rather Sri Caitanya Saraswat Math. But this is only splitting hairs. Most people with ISKCON backgrounds generally split the Gaudiya world into ISKCON, Gaudiya Math and the Babajis.

Guest guest

Sridhar Maharaja was never a GM (Gaudiya Matha) guru.

It is very bad practice to try and classify him as such.

Even after establishing his own Matha, Sridhar Maharaja was doubtful about accepting disciples. He only had a very few disciples.

Then, on an occasion of pilgrimage to Eka-chakra (birthplace of Nityananda prabhu), Lord Nityananda appeared to Sridhar Maharaja in a dream and told him not to be reluctant to accept disciples.

After that, Sridhar Maharaja was more open to accepting disciples into his Sri Caitanya Saraswata Matha.

Sridhar Maharaja was never a guru of the Gaudiya Matha institution.

Guest guest

There is no such thing as "Gaudiya Math" anymore. The original Gaudiya Math split into the Chaitanya Math and the Gaudiya Mission. There are individual maths which still use the name Gaudiya Math, such as the Bagh Bazar Gaudiya Math, but there is no overall institution of that name. Some of the other disciples of Bhaktisiddhanta Saraswati created institutions with the words Gaudiya Math in them, like the Chaitanya Gaudiya Math, etc.

Guest guest

Technically Sridhar Maharaja was not Gaudiya Math but rather Sri Caitanya Saraswat Math. But this is only splitting hairs. Most people with ISKCON backgrounds generally split the Gaudiya world into ISKCON, Gaudiya Math and the Babajis.

But, that is a very crude and remote view of the real situation.

It's the brainchild of a neophyte conglomerate of western devotees with very little actual insight and information about the history of the Gaudiya Matha.

When us masses of western devotees start to understand how little we actually know, then there is some hope for actual advancement.

When is the right time to go over to the Gaudiya Math? I suggest going over there during the Bramha Muhurta hour or just before. You might want to catch the boat at about 5:00 am.:)

Guest guest

When is the right time to go over to the Gaudiya Math? I suggest going over there during the Bramha Muhurta hour or just before. You might want to catch the boat at about 5:00 am.:)

Maybe they could go to the aparadha-bhanjan where Mahaprabhu forgave the offenses of Jagai and Madhai?

On that very spot is where Srila Sridhar Maharaja established Sri Caitanya Saraswata Matha.

the most merciful spot in the universe.

where Kripamoya (the full mercy) is distributed.

If "Gaudiya Math" is not a good collective term for lineages that grew from Bhaktisiddhanta's Gaudiya Math, what do you want us to call them? The Bhaktisiddhanta Bunch?

Guest guest

GM is the perfect term for everyone who follows Bhaktisiddhanta Saraswati, except Iskcon. No one took the simple name because everyone tacitly recognized that the Gaudiya Math, as such, no longer existed.

Guest guest

If "Gaudiya Math" is not a good collective term for lineages that grew from Bhaktisiddhanta's Gaudiya Math, what do you want us to call them? The Bhaktisiddhanta Bunch?

Well, considering that a couple of the main branches failed to even follow Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Saraswati, then maybe we could just call them Hindus?

Why must there be a "collective" term?

There is a wide variety of opinions amongst them.

Why must we find ONE collective term to classify them?

The Gaudiya Matha was an institution under the direction of Srila Saraswati Goswami.

When that direction was lost, so was the Gaudiya Math.

Is ISKCON also Gaudiya Matha?

No?

Then why are the other institutions of the disciples of Saraswati Thakur lumped into one "collective" designation as "Gaudiya Matha"?

Trying to find one collective term to classify all the offshoots of the Gaudiya Matha is a cheapshot that wants to put them all on the same level with the same qualifications and realization.

That is a very narrow opinion.

Guest guest

In the books of Srila Prabhupada he gave us the term "Saraswata" as the collective term for the followers and disciples of Srila Saraswati Thakur.

Guest guest

In the books of Srila Prabhupada he gave us the term "Saraswata" as the collective term for the followers and disciples of Srila Saraswati Thakur.

I never saw this.

However, I would like to take this opportunity to bring up an old pet peeve. In the pranam mantra to Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada, it really should recognized that the words most people sing as _sarasvatI deve_ have no relevant meaning in Sanskrit. What it should be is _sArasvata-deva_. That is a vocative, "O divine follower of Bhaktisiddhanta Saraswati."

Guest guest

I never saw this.

However, I would like to take this opportunity to bring up an old pet peeve. In the pranam mantra to Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada, it really should recognized that the words most people sing as _sarasvatI deve_ have no relevant meaning in Sanskrit. What it should be is _sArasvata-deva_. That is a vocative, "O divine follower of Bhaktisiddhanta Saraswati."

I only saw it on the books one time.

I went back and found it again for my own personal reference, but I did not mark it and so I will have to look it up again.

I always thought is was "Saraswate Devam"

hows does that work?

is that any better than Saraswati deve?

Guest guest

namas te sArasvata deva

gauravANI-pracAriNe

nirvizeSa-zUnyavAdi-

pAzcAtya-deza-tAriNe

The Sanskrit word namas must take the dative case. "tepracAriNe" and "tAriNe" are all datives. None of the forms that are currently chanted are datives. Devam, for instance, is an accusative. The only other case you can use in these circumstances is a vocative,

"O divine disicple of Saraswati Thakur! I bow down to you, who preaches the message of Lord Chaitanya and who delivers the Western countries full of the doctrines of impersonalism and voidism.

Maybe they could go to the aparadha-bhanjan where Mahaprabhu forgave the offenses of Jagai and Madhai?

On that very spot is where Srila Sridhar Maharaja established Sri Caitanya Saraswata Matha.

the most merciful spot in the universe.

where Kripamoya (the full mercy) is distributed.

Reserve me a spot on the time-machine boat and we can go hear from Srila Sridhar Maharaja early in the morning. What time are you leaving?:)

Guest guest

namas te sArasvata deva

gauravANI-pracAriNe

nirvizeSa-zUnyavAdi-

pAzcAtya-deza-tAriNe

The Sanskrit word namas must take the dative case. "tepracAriNe" and "tAriNe" are all datives. None of the forms that are currently chanted are datives. Devam, for instance, is an accusative. The only other case you can use in these circumstances is a vocative,

"O divine disicple of Saraswati Thakur! I bow down to you, who preaches the message of Lord Chaitanya and who delivers the Western countries full of the doctrines of impersonalism and voidism.

Most of the western world is predominantly Judeo-Christian.

Was that saying that Christianity and Judaism are basically impersonalim?

Who were the big impersonalists and voidists that were in the USA back in 1965 when Prabhupada came?

Guest guest

Reserve me a spot on the time-machine boat and we can go hear from Srila Sridhar Maharaja early in the morning. What time are you leaving?:)

Even hearing his audio tapes can bring me to tears.

I have had bhava dreams where I was setting in front of him listening to him and crying to pitifully.

In one dream I looked in his eyes and his eyes rolled back in his head and he went into trance and took me with him and I saw a vision of Navadvip kirtan.

There are mystic experiences to be had even to this day.

Guest guest

Even hearing his audio tapes can bring me to tears.

I have had bhava dreams where I was setting in front of him listening to him and crying to pitifully.

In one dream I looked in his eyes and his eyes rolled back in his head and he went into trance and took me with him and I saw a vision of Navadvip kirtan.

There are mystic experiences to be had even to this day.

His bedroom and the verandah have just been renovated. Most of the work was done by Divya Shakti.

Three months ago I went upstairs to help put some new curtains up, with Divya Shakti, Sayta Swarup and Gaurachandra. I was so happy to be able to go back into his bedroom again.

Another day Divya Shakti took my son and I upstairs. I sat on the exact spot where I sat when he spoke Gayatri Mantra into my ear. I repeated the gayatri I had heard from his lotus mouth, remembering the way he said "om bhu bhuvah svah" and the rest.

Prabhupada is present in his instructions....if we are attached to Prabhupada - then we'll have neither problem - because Prabhupada is accessible in his books - we don't need the GM nor - do we really need Iskcon - if we cannot succeed in an independent position - then I doubt that either camp could be of any service to aspiring transcendentalists. :deal:

Guest guest

His bedroom and the verandah have just been renovated. Most of the work was done by Divya Shakti.

Three months ago I went upstairs to help put some new curtains up, with Divya Shakti, Sayta Swarup and Gaurachandra. I was so happy to be able to go back into his bedroom again.

Another day Divya Shakti took my son and I upstairs. I sat on the exact spot where I sat when he spoke Gayatri Mantra into my ear. I repeated the gayatri I had heard from his lotus mouth, remembering the way he said "om bhu bhuvah svah" and the rest.

Every time i hear his voice on audio tape I weep.

When he passed away I was living in Badger.

Urukram prabhu came to my house and broke the news.

He arranged a program for that evening in remberance.

As soon as I walked into his home and saw all those sad devotees I broke down pathetically and cried like a baby all night.

I was so embarassed. I didn't want to do that in front of the devotees, but I also didn't want to leave the rememberance gathering of the devotees.

I was embarassed all night long as I cried loudly without stop.

I was just so broken hearted to see the sadness of the devotees and to know what we were all losing.

I was remembering the sweetness and sincerity of Sridhar Maharaja and the hundreds of hours I had spend listening to his tapes over and over again.

I was never an intimate personal associate of Sridhar Maharaja.

I was on the verge of going to Navadvip and taking sannyasa from him when I had a change of heart and saw too many devotees going there to bother him until he gave them sannyasa.

I did not want to be like them.

Eventually, I had some problems with Sudhir Maharaja when he became initiating guru and Brahma das was coercing new devotees to take initiation from Sudhir Maharaja. the picture on the altar etc,.....

I left the movement in frustration and I haven't been back since.

I doubt I ever will.