IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

love

Rate this topic

Guest guest

What does Srila prabhupada says about love with women. Is it allowed when not married?

What do you mean by love? Using someone for your bodies needs with no intention of taking responsibity and building a life together? If so then he taught against it.

Guest guest

No. That's not what in mean. You indian people are a bunch of hypocrites. India has got more people than whe have got in Amerika and a lot of prostetutes. I did not ask about sex but about love. Why you start thinking like this?

This is the reason I didn't beleive in any God and did not go to the church. Where is written in the bible people can't love each other?

I beleived prabhupada had a good religion. But if this is true what you say, it can't be a good religion. You can't aspect from everybody to give up there girlfriend or give up their religion. I do not want to make this choise. I don't beleive what you say about his divine grace. I just chant hare krishna and I am not going to do everything what other devotees want me to do. I know Krishna will accept.

He is only asking you what you mean as you were not clear in your first post.

Obviously, you are just trying to start a worthless and useless argument.

You are the hypocrite - re-read what you wrote here.

Anyway, see ya. You can talk to yourself for all I care. Oh, and learn to spell before you try to make yourself an authority.

Guest guest

Sorry. I have got those problems with reading things. I though you also would start like my parents and the men in the church. Please forgive my stupidness.

Guest guest

Actually we must utilize all God given things for his service only.If we try then it's good too.His love is unconditional.He understands.So the bottom line is we should at least try.Then everything will become fine.

Joy

I think what prabhupada and all the other great saints explain is that, love in the material world is nothing but another form of attachment.

This attachment is not a reality but perceived to be a reality. In truth, Love for us and any one (because, we are all living entities) is over krishna, what we tend to look for is krishna, but we don't realize it.

This fake attachment to people tends to be impermanent, thus causing us to suffer heavily because of its temporary nature. On the other hand, attachment to krishna is permanent because he is eternal and always present everywhere.

So, it is better for us to gradually unattach ourselves to this material world and things and people in it, and finally find our attachment to krishna with is much more pleasing and pleasurable. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I could be wrong some what , but i think i got the idea of what they say in hindu scriptures and in this hare krishna movement. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

First I am not Indian born. Although I won't try to dodge the hypocrite label. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

No you don't have to give up your girlfriend. Just chant, eat prasadam and have fun doing it. But remember that that person that you refer to as your girlfriend is a spiritsoul. Intimate relationships based on real love will not be devoid of a sense of responsibility. People treat each other like toys and don't even know it. Real love won't abandon the beloved one when the going gets rough. If you love that person you will have this committment.

If you really love your girlfriend you will come to see that the highest expression of that love is to help her come to realize her true self and her relationship with the Supreme Self.

I know how these feelings come and go. We always think this one is the exception and won't listen to anything different. I know, when I was 20 I found my soul mate. All the others were just girlfriends but this was THE ONE. Then when I was 22 I found another ONE.

I don't know where they are now but I hope they are happy and chanting. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Anyway, these are details. These regulations are there to help us regulate our lives to make our progress smoother and swifter. I have heard a lecture where Prabhupada was saying that he didn't want his ISKCON society to preach the four reg.'s as a requirment to chanting.

Just chant and be happy soul. This is divine festival life not dry religious life.

Guest guest

love you mother, sisters, and daughters and wife if you are married. if not married, do not fool around with another women.

love is the norn, hate is also becaue of some love.

closer one iw to krishna, more he/she loeves, less he/she hates.

arjuna loved his enemies,

but he faught and killed them too.

it is better to love enemy if you can,

but that does not mean you not fight with him/her.

when majority of a society give up fighting with asuras,

even a minority asuras will rule over the suras.

then there is no peace to do aarti, pooja, havan, and sanmirtana, etc. .

jai sri prabhupada!

Guest guest

That was so kind of you people. I behaved very ruth and still you gave me wonderfull advise. I thank you all for your replies. I will re-read it and think about it.

Haribol !

Love life and yogi life are two ways of living as per the puraanas.

its mentioned as

Samsara - Called illaram in tamil ( ill mean home & arama means dharmam )-the earthly life ( if this is the correct translataion ) - Getting marrried to one person , perform all duties to God and playing very good role in making his surrounding a better one , always helping otehrs, no bad habits, and always truthful. Above all lending helping hand to always waiting to give food for sanyaasis.

Yogi life - Called thuravaram in tamil ( thuravu means yogi , the one who looses all his belongings and becomes sanyaasi and araam means dharmam )

One time one sishya asked his guru to tell him which is the best way of life , either to become sanyaasi or to become family head and serve all .

Guru took the student to a swayamwara where hundereds of kings are standing for the princes to see them and choose one among them to get married.

Princes goes to a sanyaasi and puts the garland in his shoulders. Sanyaasi shocked for a moment told that he cant leave his yogi life and become samsara , but the maharaja insisted that he has only one daughter and he can spare all his kingdom to the sanyaasi, the sanyaasi refused and started running.

the maharaja and princes started chasing sanyaasi , and so the guru and sishyaa.

after sometime the sanyaasi gone somewhere deep in the jungle and maharaja , princes were settled somewhere to have rest.

Guru and sishya also settled nearby to watch whats happening.

There were two parrots on the top of the tree where the maharaja was taking rest , those two parrots seeing the maharaja and princes, came down to them and bowed thier head in front of raja and started speaking.

" Hey maharaja , we know you are a great kind and there is no chances for sadness in your kingdom , now you have come to our place , and we have to treat you , we dont have anything right now to give to you for eating , so please eat us , we will step in the fire which is nearby and give ourselves as food to you "

The maharaja was happy about the samsaara dharma the parrots were making in order to serve the guest , but he stopped them from doing so. But the parrots wanted to satisfy the huger of the king and princes so they went into the fire without waiting for the argument to continue.

Now the Guru started telling the truth to the sishyaa.

The Sanyaasi who ran , even when he knows that he will get princes and kingdom is great , as he is ready to loose anything to attain God though his Sanyaasi Dharma.

On the other hand the parrots were also greate , becuase they want to perform the duties for the samsaara to attain god and they are ready to loose thier life for treating the guests.

It doesnot matter which form of life you are choosing , both if followed correct are good. When you loose all ur interst on the samsaara then you can go to Yogi life, having half minded , and having attachment towards worldly life if one goes to yogi life, he wont be able to continue and obviously do more mistakes than a normal man.

Hinduism doesnot asks one to go for yogi life , some may turn to be yogi in very young age due to grace of God and the thier Karma and some after finding all happiness in the world will find Yogi life is the ultimate pleasure will move towards yogi life.

But one who is in samsara dharma and performs all duties to his soicety family and God , will reach the God jus like a Yogi do !

Chanting his name and always keeping in mind that serving others is serving God.

In fact there is a tamil saying .

"Makkal Thondey Magesan Thondu " - Serving people is serving Shiva - who is called Mageshan

Sri Krishna ki Jai /images/graemlins/smile.gif !

Madhava Kesava Madhana Gopala

Srivats

No. That's not what in mean. You indian people are a bunch of hypocrites.

----------

Yes, it's sharp yet heartfelt words. Your country is changing bec. I impel you to face many old problems. Now let's see the topic of "eranvej". For me, it involves only science; for your, it's a sensitive problem involving Max Muller, British, German, Hitler, culture, religion, benefit, burden, pride, & so on & on.

God is everywhere, in you & out of you.

Guest guest

<<I do not want to make this choise. I don't beleive what you say about his divine grace. I just chant hare krishna and I am not going to do everything what other devotees want me to do. I know Krishna will accept.>>

hinduism accepts this.

yes, krishna will accept.

you see, krishana does not force any one.

he gives full freedom.

he has said what is ok and what is not. you choose.

he does not say "no girl friend, never for every one."

he says, if you do, do not have sex with her before marying her.

now, if you chant mantra but keep on sinning,

then it does not help much. it is like moving one step forward and ten back. still chanting is good no matter what you do, sin or no sin. it just take more births before you relly can advance. that's all.

jai sri krishna!

Jai sri krishna !

Be honest and loyal to only one person when it comes to love and sex. You can see Krishna in such a good relationship.

Madhava Kesava Madhana Gopala !

Srivats

Guest guest

I do have Indian background. What the hell are you saying here about Indians? Not all Indians are as you think, boy. I am 21 years old and I do not like any girl. No women no cry. Hare Krishna

Guest guest

Nobody actually wants any boy or girlfriend. The society and mohini maayaa is pushing you into it. You yourself don't want to have all those problems wich comes with relation and you also do not like to love a body made of flesh, bones and blood wich is actually disgusting. Mohini maayaa is letting you think there is happiness in intercourse and relations with the other sex. This mohini maayaa is very dangerous. By having sex men become weak moral wrecks. They become alpa virya, not enough sperm in their brains. They can't do any effort to have knowledge. Let's see what chanakya pandita says:

10.3: "He who desires sense gratification must give up all thoughts of acquiring knowledge; and he who seeks knowledge must not hope for sense gratification. How can he who seeks sense gratification acquire knowledge, and he who possesses knowledge enjoy mundane sense pleasure?"

Men, who are always thinking of women, and women, who are always thinking about men, have no time to think about Krishna, to sing his holy names, to read and talk about his divine play, to worship him, to study the philosophy of the atman, to practise patanjali and hatha yoga, to be clean (pavitra), to do his daily duty and to have real happiness. Real happines is not only sukha but it is also aananda. If sukha goes away, dukha will come. Aananda is their always. It is your own self. It is Krishna. Not any so-called "love" with women.

So this whole mohini maayaa is making you stupid. By this mohini maayaa this Kaama vaasana is getting in your budhi, mana and your indriya's. Know this kaama as your worst enemy. This kaama brings krodha, wich is your other enemy. This only happens because their is no satsang in the live of wordly people. They watch tv, talk with their friends and get advise by other wordly people. Their is no satsang at all. So one will never get any viveka, will not know how to discriminate between nitya and anitya, between what is their for always and what is their for some time.

I do not forbid you having relation with girlfriends. Who am I to tell what you can and what you can't do. Still I am giving you this advise. Think about it. Keep your girlfriend or don't keep her. That's your choise. You should only know that sex is forbidden before marriage. Just know love with girls is not everything in this world. Ants, pigs, horses and all other animals have got sex relations. You are a human being now. It is not totally forbidden to have realations but their are restrictions. Follow those. After dead everything is going to leave you, only right deeds will stay with you. They are your only friend after dead.

Guest guest

Love is only for Krishna.WE are meant for Him alone.All else islust.ok. krishna

Guest guest

hare krishna

dear friend ...lets try and define what love is ???

would you love your girlfriend if she were a guy,or (and)old hag ,diseased with scabies all over her body with a burnt and ugly face ..........ask your self what makes you love her .....her smile ,her face ,her looks ,her charms ,her caring attitude ,her sense of humour ,.....all these things are temprory and sure to change over time ...besides you dont know what she will be in her next life ,what will you do if both of you are guys or girls???

will you be able to kiss her if her face was burnt and her lips filled with pus .....if you truly care for her you would probably out of great compassion take very good care of her ......but understand that physical changes will cause a hell lot of changes in your attitude towards her...

is it really love ........?you ask that to your self ?if ever you do any kind of sadhana and come to know about your past lives you will realize that you have had several wives and husbands and now you have forgotten them and their love ......

whatever you feel for her is temperory......if you dont leave her time will take her away from you ...this is the law of the material world .....

what should you do?? you decide for your self?

if you love her for her good nature you are sure to find much better human beings in this world who are better than her in virtuosity so why should you love her and not them??

dont get disheartened ....if you wish you can continue to be with her marry her etc......no harm really...its up to you when to leave her ..before time takes her away....continue with your spiritual life and be nice and sincere in your relationship with your girlfriend ...that way our life will be enriched. and slowly when you have lived with her for many years your desire for her will fade ......then dont look for some other female (another temperory trap of maya) ..its up to you to continue to love several females in your many lives to come or to come to god ..your permanent companion....for all i can says is that all authorities have unanimously declared that this smasara (material world ) is a place of misery ....i shudder to think about living for 9 months inside the hot and uneasy place called 'womb' in my next birth.

hare krishna

hare rama

ram lakhan janaki

jai bolo hanuman ki

And who wouldn't. He had the best idea anyway. Chant and disregard the silly neophyte simple-minded temple parrot people.

I can remember after about six years, some kid who had just cut his hair off told me I should give up chanting because it would get me nowhere; this because I was going to drive 45 miles back home at 2:00 AM after a midnight feast so I could get to work in the morning, instead of helping him mop the temple room floor. "I guess you'll be wanting these" - I handed him my bead bag, and turned to walk away.

Then I quickly turned and snatched my beads back. I said, "Learn how to preach, sonny", and walked away. I can't even count the number of shaven heads I've seen come and go over the last thirty years. It's something about the chill in the head and the glare of the saffron that gets them all puffy and silly. Then they go away, most never to be heard from again. So we should definitely temper what they might say while 'holy men' with a whole lot of caution.

I'll bet this fellow makes it, and maybe his girlfriend too.