IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
srivats

Thennagur , A blessed place

Rate this topic

I have been to a blessed place called Thennagur last week.

Although i had been once before , my love for the place and krishna who is as pandurangan there

started growing like never ending beans tree.

Let me share the information about the place.

Krishna and Radhey as Pandurangan and Ragumayee , in standing pose , jus above height of human being s, so they look soo realistic, krishna stands keeping both of his hands in his hip , carrying fluet in one hand and wearing a very beautiful turban.

Needless to say Ragumaye dressed similarly in north indian fashion with all oranaments. I kept starring at the beautiful pose of krishna the very first time i went. He looked jus real that i thought of reaching out to touch and hug him !

Speciality about this temple is , that , Gopuram is built in poori jagannath temple fashion with red saffron flag flying at the top. You have to watch the flag at night , with lights on it , it will be like a jyothi burning lively on the top of the Gopuram.

Everyday the Pandurangan is decorated with different avatars , Normally the samll diety called as Uthsavar is decorated with each avatars everyday , but here , the main idol itself is decorated everyday , When i went there last saturday krishna was decorated as Srinivasan and Raghumaye as Alamelu manga thaayar.It is nija paatha dharisanam on Thursdays, and the Lord gives audience wearing silver kavachas and ornaments on Fridays. On Sundays He appears like a Maharaja of Rajasthan.

The inner and outer mandap were all decorated with painting of krishna , 10 avatars , all leelas of krishna , and the roof painting

contains Rasa leela , standing at the center of the building and when u see upwards , its jus like u are part of raasa leela , where krishnas and gopikas are dancing rounding you !

Sthala Puranam :

Among the four seats of authority established by Sri Adi Sankara, one is the Jyothir Mutt in Badrinath. The sixth head of this mutt ('peetathipathi') swami.Gnananda Giri entrusted the responsibilities of the ashram to his disciples and went to the Himalayas. One of his chief disciples swami.Haridas Giri was on a pilgrimage around Pandarpur to spread his guru's message. During this time his guru came in his dream and asked him to reach Pandarpur. When swami Haridas Giri reached Pandarpur, the 'Panda' or the priest informed him that he also dreamt of swami Gnanananda Giri asking him to hand over the idols of Lord Panduranga and Goddess Raghumayi to his disciple and it was done accordingly.

From that time onwards it had been a dream of swami Haridas Giri to build a temple for the Lord in Thennaangur. He installed the idols from Pandarpur as the main idols. We can also find a 10 ½ feet tall Panduranga and 8 ½ feet high Raghumayi in the broad and well-lit sanctum sanctorum. Closer to this is a panchaloka idol of Lord Varadaraja along with his consorts. Another rare feature of this temple is that we can find an ancient idol of Achutharaya Perumal, brought from Tirupati, which cannot be found anywhere else. Along with these the golden idols worshipped by Swami Haridas Giri is also installed here.

According to Kanchi Paramacharya, Thennagur or Dhakshina Haalaasyam is the place of birth of Goddess Meenakshi. The Thennaangur temple is a perfect fusion of the past and the present.Next to the Temple there is mutt where Haridas jalasamadhi is there.

So visit the temple, appreciate the beauty and seek the blessings of Krishna !

Thanngur Is in india , in Tamil nadu ( 40 Kilometers from Kancheepuram , 6 kilaometers from Vandavasi )

Radhey Shyam ki Jai !

Madhava Kesava Madhana Gopala /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Srivats

post-959-138274050051_thumb.jpg

When i started to the temple , with my freind , we have to wait at the bus stand to get the straight bus from chennai to Thennagur.

My freind asked me to tell about puranam of Thirupathi , Tirumala , i dont know that ( perhaps anybody who knows this can post it here ) , As i was running over craze of krishna , i told him , not to worry about that , as it could be jus few decades old and may not be fully true and might be jus the temple built by the king there and not something happened as accident , i insisted him jus to read bhagwat gita and therefore left a signature tht krishna is one and all !

When i went there to thennagur , i went inside the temple and got shocked , i saw srinivasan and alamelumanga there , it was saturday and they have decorated pandurangan as that, my poor mind doesnot able to know that both krishna and srinivasan are same and the other should not be considered as something lower to another.

Even though the same rice can be used to cook different dishes , i like dosa very much than everything else, similarlry although my lord appears in different forms , i always like to watch him in krishna form , may he remove my ignorance and make me understand the truth.

Okey here is a picture of the temple gopuram of thennagur !

Madhava Kesava Madhana Gopala

Srivats

post-959-138274050052_thumb.jpg

Hare Krishna,

I am happy you visited that holy place.

Infact when I visited Tirupati with my father, I was sad that my mother was not with me to see the Lord. Just after a few days we visited Thennangur with my mother. It was Saturday if I remember it right. On Saturdays the Deity is dressed like Venkaterswara of Tirupati and there my mother also had Darshan of Lord as I wished. Lo and behold his mercy. The priest and his son over there are great devotees of Lord, atleast that is what I felt as both of them encoraged us and other devotees to raise our hands above our head and sing the names of the Lord.

Thennangur