IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
atma

A True Vaisnava

Rate this topic

From Memories of Srila Prabhupada:

Sudama: Srila Prabhupada saw me come in. I paid my obeisances and he jumped all over me. "What is this? Why you have left? Why are you dressed like that?" He asked me all these questions for twenty minutes, I was sweating, crying, very upset, very confused, very on edge, very on trial in front of my godbrothers, who were really strangers. I had gotten a temple that was too big, and my men had been stolen. It was the old politics game. Srila Prabhupada said, "I want to know one thing before I send you out of here. Do you still love Krishna? Do you believe in Krishna?" I said, "Yes." He said, "All right. You will be okay." Then he turned to everybody in the room and said,"This is disgusting. This is not how vaishnavas behave. You knew that Sudama needed help. You knew that Sudama was crying out in maya, and you ignored him. This is not vaishnava behaviour. A true vaishnava," he said, "would have taken him by the hand earlier on so that this would never have taken place."

Guest guest

it is a bhajan by a greak krishna bhakta narasimha maheta from gujarat.

vaishnav jana to tene re kahie je pida paraai jaane re

para dhhkhe upakaar kare toye mana abhimaana na aane re

------

dear enlightened,

i have a curiosity question, but it is not a big deal.

north indians write ta and south indians write tha for the same letter. why it is always so so far?

would it not be nice if both writeh same way?

jus like a hindu or gujaati word fo sword is talawar.

a south indian would writehthat word like thalawar.

north indians pronounce tha like in thru, and ta like in true. who the difference appears?

just curious.

jai sri prabhupada!

This is my opinion and not a fact, but i think the pronounciation is an inherent difference in south and north indians due to the evolution of their specific dialect. For example,

Take an individual from telugu background like me, in telugu we stress on the last syllables alot and also the first syllable of the words that start right after the last syllable.

So, the word "Potthunnamu" going would be "goingg" gg for stressed.

and if they have to say "going to the mall" the southerner from india would say "goingg tto the malll?"

However, it is quite different with a northerner, for example if you take hindi as an instance you would not stress at the syllables in the words as much .

Such as, "Kya karna hai ya ha yaar.."- "what shall be done here man"

the stressing is quite different where you stress on the first syllable slightly and there is almost so stress in the last syllable of a word... thus we can say that the difference lies in the very evolution of the dialects in the beautiful land of india /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I could be wrong, because i don't speak telugu( supposed to be my native language) or hindi any more because I went to a western country and became so involved in materialistic life that it disgusted me and then i became dispassionate but it did leave me by making me an ABCD... "American Bred Confused Desi". So forgive me if i am wrong... /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

aapka observation baagundi! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

But I really don't appreciate your stand on meat eaters.

Note: Telugu ABCD's may call themselves 'American Born CULTURED Desis'. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

-Prasad.