IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
livingentity

US Citizenship Test

Rate this topic

I missed three. Will I be kicked out? I remember helping this Viet Naimese family prepare for this test and it seems like there was fifty questions or so. I remember that I didn't know half of them then.

Hey Babhru, any reason why we don't teach the bill of rights as mandatory in middle school?

LE what was your score? I hope you did better than me.

LOL I was wondering if I would be deported!! Do we get to choose where to go?

I thought the real test was way longer than this. Also, don't they have to sing the anthem or something.

This one just seemed too simple - too easy to memorize if someone gave them the answers.

theist: I missed three. Will I be kicked out?

Damn well better be! /images/graemlins/wink.gif (The truth is that I took a moment fussing with the number of amendments. But I remembered the ERA was supposed to have been the 26th, so I ended up getting it right. I'm sure I'd have more trouble with a longer test, especially if it's not all mutiple choice.)

Don't they teach the Bill of Rights in 8th grade? I remember having to memorize the Preamble to the Constitution and Lincoln's Gettysburg Address. We sure learned the Bill of Rights in 11th grad US history.

And do you remember a few years ago when folks would take the Declaration of Independence to folks on the street, and they'd recoil in horror, thinking it was part of some commie plot? And did I hear something recently about college students being unable to find the US on a map of the US?

As Urmila used to say elsewhere, "sigh."

Couldn't find the US. I believe it.

I guess I shouldn't talk about what they teach or don't teach too much since I essentially stopped going during the 7th grade. I did at least get quite expert around the pool table.

Hare Krsna,

Problem Child

how do people go through school and graduate but still cannot read or find the state of California on a map??? Is it the parents??? My family encouraged reading at a very young age and I remember them reading to me and also buying things like map puzzles and helping me to put them together - I truly believe the parents need to take an interest in order to encourage their children to learn.

Hopefully the voucher system will get some support and then interested parents will be able toafford removing their children from these giant daycare centers we call schools, and have them in some private schools.

My cousin recently took her 15 yr old daughter out of public school and placed her in a private school. She was doing very well (she is advanced) in public school but was being held up by the inferior teaching there. Now she is doing exceptionally well and even likes wearing the uniforms they are required to wear. No more distractions with the competition of looking cool etc!! If I had school age kids - I would home school them if I could not find a private school suitable for their needs.

In voucher system, parents are given voucher of a given amount for each of their children. The parents decide which school their children should study in. Instead of giving cash to pay fees to the school, the parents can give the voucher (if the fees to be paid is within the amount covered by the voucher). Not all schools are accredited as per the voucher system. If the school is accredited, then it accepts the voucher and the voucher can be encashed by the school latter.

The government from the taxes they extort every year. The idea is to give the citizens so much back in vouchers which they can then use as tutition to take their children to the private school of their choice. Religious schools also qualify.

The Democrats have been blocking it for years now.

I really don't like things when they become too centralized.Especially knowledge. More voices in the educational system are needed.

Some people would welcome the idea of sending their children to a school where the kids were openly lead in prayer everyday. They would have that.

Atheists could choose otherwise.

There is a great oppurtunity here for Hare Krsna schools. From Prahlad preschool up to Gaudiya graduate institutions.

If you vote just hold your nose and vote Republican

Guest guest

Is it given by federal govt. or state govt?

u know, in texax there isn't any state tax. cool. and free vouchers.

Schools are paid for by a combination of local, state, and federal funds. Generally, things like schools, police and fire departments, libraries, etc. are funded based mostly on local property taxes. So, although Texas may have no state income tax (that's why the Bush family makes that their residence), property owners do pay taxes based on the value and use of their properties. Genreally speaking, in a voucher plan, the money that would go to the school and/or school district for a particular student would at least partially be allocated to the private school in which that student is enrolled.