IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
fifthwheelchapel

Where to find the true word of God

Rate this topic

Where is the true word of God? In church... guess again

Which church? A few, that is close.

What could have went so wrong, when Jesus gave so much? His life his blood; yet many left his love to follow man seeking physical health, prosperity, natural mans wisdom, knowledge, theories and philosphy: at its best a sorry losing way to go.

Jesus gave us his best and only way to go to have everlasting life.

That is to say learn OF him

Ephesians 4:10-15

11 And he gave some apostles, prophets, evangelist, teachers

12 for the perfecting of the saints for the work of his ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ.

13 Till all come to the knowledge of the son of God, UNTO A PERFECT MAN, the fulness of Christ.

15 Grow up into him (Jesus like)

Understand: Jesus was a man (gods word in flesh) God put his word in him this is what he is doing with all his children.

Are you being taught the truth-

---Born again with root and growing

---Endure to the end shall be saved

---Be ye perfect as your father in heaven is perfect

This is what Jesus taught

Jesus wrote letters to the churches:

Rev 2:4-5

4 I have somewhat against thee, thy hast left thy first love

5 Remember from whence thou art fallen and repent

Behold I stand at the door and knock if any man hear my voice and open the door, I will come in to him and will sup with him, and he with me.

These letters were wrote to the church, why if everything was okay?

The only true word of God is found in the bible and the interpretation of it is by the holy spirit. Pray for wisdom and God will guide you.

In love and compassion,

Bill

www.fifthwheelchapel.com

Guest guest

take your bible and kindy go home.

this is hare krishna forum.

they already have known bible and stuff

and have given it up and have accepted krishna

after careful study and experience.

jai sri prabhupada!

Dear guest in truth , when you surrender to krishna you don't give up anything, you just realize that what you thought were there, were not there in the first place to begin with, so just because fifthchapel person tends to talk about bible doesn't mean we shouldn't listen...

Bible is God's word? and Jesus the "messiah" of God? well that may be true, however i would like to ask you one question fifthchapel...

Forgive my ignorance, but you say Jesus gave us the "ONLY" way to the truth, so are you telling me that the only way to find the truth is to believe in Jesus alone?

Bill, here is a link to the gita online at this site: Check it out.

http://www.bhagavad-gita.us/

Here is a verse from the 10th chapter. Hare Krsna's accept that God dwells within the heart of every soul. The Soul of souls or Supersoul as we say.

To show them special mercy,I, dwelling in their hearts,destroy with the shinning lamp of knowledge the darkness born of ignorance. Bg10.11

From within the Lord enlightens us and from without as the guru or enlightened teacher and the scriptures.

This is the way to know God. In other words it comes by His mercy and revelation.

Praise Jesus Praise Krsna

More dittoes here. Plenty of our interlocutors share ideas that you or I may not agree with completely. Still, we welcome them here as long as they play nicely.

And it's not really the case that anyone here has given up the Bible. My spiritual master never said the Bible was nonsense, but that the information it gives about God is rudimentary compared to Srimad-Bhagavatam, Sri Chaitanya-charitamrita, and the writings of the Goswamis and other Gaudiya acharyas. We don't reject the Bible at all. When asked about the most important commandment, Jesus said that it was to love God with all our hearts and souls. Good advice. And the second, he said, is quite similar: to love others as we love ourselves. I don't have a problem with that. We might suggest that we can continue by cultivating a love for God that's so thick with relish that we forget He's God.

I don't reject fifthwheel's company any more than Anadi Krishna's or shiva's, who seem to have rather different understanding of the nature of the Supreme in some respects. Let him engage with us just as they do.

Guest guest

We already love Lord Jesus and have a knowledge of his essential message. No need to divide or create confusion over sectarian silliness. Just Love and Serve God with all your mind, body and soul and be happy..this is the common bond.

Jagadananda Gauranga Dasa

Guest guest

i am sorry i was rude to the christian here.

prabhupada did not preach christianity but KC.

while krishna devotees toleate other religions, christianity does not tolerate, in principle, any other religion. that is the reason why there were many court cases in US against hare krishna org.s, some were just legal harrassments to suppress KC.

christian say that jesus was the only son of god.

so, prabhupada asks this: when ordinary people have many sons and daughters, why the almighty god has only one son?

why christians think we all non christians are bastards?

he says we all are children of god.

then the god of bible is jeaouls god.

so this implies that god is not all powerful and supreme, else he has no reason to be jealous to any one.

also, while we know there is a soul in every living being,

christian think that only the humans have a soul.

so, hare krishnas do not really have anything to learn from the bible. hope christisns learn something from here.

jai sri prabhuapda!

Srila Prabhupada - "Whether one is a Hindu, or a Mohammedan or a Christian, he should follow his own religious principles. However, if one concocts his own religious path within his mind, or if one follows no religious principles at all, he is punished in the hell known as Asi-patravana. In other words, a human being must follow some religious principles. If he does not follow any religious principles, he is no better than an animal. As Kali-yuga advances, people are becoming godless and taking up so-called secularism. They do not know the punishment awaiting them in Asi-patravana, as described in this verse."

I assume the pupose of forums such as this is discussion. If someone who is Christian or Buddhist wants to engage with us, why not welcome them? As livingentity points out, we're not just Gaudiya vaishnavas here; some participants are members of other vaishnava lines, some are advaitins, and others feel connected with God through other teachings. Srila Prabhupada taught us we are not sectarian. Krishna consciousness is not some religion, as there are Methodists, Baptists, Mormons, etc. Forums such as this may be used simply for mutual-admiration association, but who really benefits from such company. There are such forums, specifically created for those who have taken shelter of particular gurus (inside ISKCON and beyond). I haven't seen any indication, however, that this site was created for something like that. If I'm wrong, jndas will correct me, no doubt.

"It does not matter whether one is Christian, Mohammedan or whatever. He simply must accept the sublime position of the Supreme Personality of Godhead and render service unto Him. It is not a question of being Christian, Mohammedan or Hindu. One should be purely religious and freed from all these material designations." Madhya 25.20

"When we are on the material platform, there are different types of religions-Hinduism, Christianity, Mohammedanism, Buddhism, and so on. These are instituted for a particular time, a particular country or a particular person. Consequently there are differences. Christian principles are different from Hindu principles, and Hindu principles are different from Mohammedan and Buddhist principles. These may be considered on the material platform, but when we come to the platform of transcendental devotional service, there are no such considerations. The transcendental service of the Lord (sadhana-bhakti) is above these principles." Madhya 25.121

Please reread my post I don't see where I stated that I was a christian. "Christian" as with other titles is only a label. I feel that labels, languages and culture differences separte man. Gods (Kirsnas) love joins man. I wish we could get past language differences and labels and unite for God (Kirsna).

No Jesus is not the only one we believe in. God (Kirsna)is his father and our father and we believe in both. The word of God (Kirsna) that Jesus spoke was from God (Kirsna).

With love and compassion for all

Bill

www.fifthwheelchapel.com

Guest guest

Shree vakra tund mahakaya koti surya samah prabha

Nirvighnam kurume deva subha karya sah sarvada

Hinduism is not a religion but a way of life. The word Hindu is coined by outsiders,for those who are followers of Sanatan Dharma.It is as relevent today as it was at the time of creation.One does not artificialy belong to transcendental platform by belonging to any group.

Hindus respects everything in the Lords creation, Mountains Trees,Rivers,cows what to speak of other religions.But they have also suffered in the hands off Islam and Christain.

Just one consideration

How will Gopal Krishna be pleased with those who slaughter cows, after having been fully satisfied by the nurishment provided by mother cow?

Jai Govind Jai Gopal

Jai Shree Krishna.

Hindus have also suffered greatly at the hands of other Hindus.

Christians have persecuted other Christians while calling them heretics. See the Gnostics and Cathars.

Muslims do the same. Sunni's vs. the Shi'ites. And I'm not sure if either like the Sufi's.

Even certain current Hare Krsna groups try to take strength from demonizing other Hare Krsna groups that have a slightly different take on the theology or approach.

The material intelligence is very expert at devising ways of avoiding God. Becoming a sectarian fanatic seems to be one that is universal.

Guest guest

so, what sect do you follow, or are you

an independent ?

are you trinitarian ?

Guest guest

"Hindus have also suffered greatly at the hands of other Hindus."

it is an internal matter.

it is not an excuse for allowing muslims to kill hindus.

they did not come to make hindus straight hindus,

they came to destroy hinduism and hindus entirely fromthe earth, per koran. they did it for 1200 years, and have failed.

they and the world must think why.

fools will conclude that new techniques are needed to kill hinduism,

but if any wisdom down on them, they would know that

hinduism is so truthful and complete

that it cannot be killed.

eeen without aggresive preaching efforts it spreads naturally. so better follow it, follow correctly.

hinduism does not die,

but some prefer to practice hinduism

and say it is not hinduism.

how can a krishna devotee not be called a hindu?

still some hare krishnas say they are not hindus!

aayurveda and yogas are spreading in the world,

and the practiceners say they are not hindus.

see, hinduism does not die.

people can just not use the name hinduism.

this however is not fair.

it is hijacking a culture, and reselling it under different brand name, not giving due credit to the vedic people who kept it alive since milleniums under hostile conditions.

jai sri prabhupada!

Guest guest

Shree Ganeshya namah

According to you we should go on suffering and if we speak up against injusties we are sectarian fanatics.

Why do you think i am devising ways of avoiding God?

In the end it is Krishna's will that will prevail.

Hey Govind Hey Gopal Hey dayanidhan.

Jai Shree Krishna

how can a krishna devotee not be called a hindu?

still some hare krishnas say they are not hindus!

Krsna is not the exclusive property of Hindus or Indians. Krsna belongs to every living entity.

Also, the very idea of Hinduism is a material designation. Can it be found in the Vedic literatures? No. Throughout the Bhagavad-gita, Krsna never mentioned the word "Hindu" or "Hinduism" even once.Still, there are people who insist on confining Krsna Consciousness to Hinduism.

Srila Prabhupada mentioned on many occasions ,quite categorically, that Krsna Consciousness has nothing to do with Hinduism. If anyone thinks himself or herself a greater authority on Krsna Consciousness than Srila Prabhupada, let that person start his or her own movement, but don't use Prabhupada's name to preach ideas that Prabhupada denied.

The Krishna consciousness movement has nothing to do with the Hindu religion or any system of religion. (His Divine Grace A.C Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada, "Krishna Consciousness--Hindu Cult or Divine Culture?", The Science of Self Realization)

The root word of the term "Vaishnava" is "Vishnu" and that name is found in Vedic literatures.

The root word of the term "Hinduism" is "Hindu", which refers to the Sindhu river and that word cannot be found in Vedic literatures.