IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

International Society for Panca-Tattva Consciousness or ISPTCON

Rate this topic

Guest guest

International Society for Panca-Tattva Consciousness or ISPTCON.

This is just a nice way of saying Srila Prabhupada's ISKCON on the

basis of Hare Krishna philosophy.

But you actually get full credit for answering the bonus question correctly. #1 is correct, as is #3 (actually he was Siddhasvarupa das as a brahmachari--we had a picture if him in his sannnyas vesha with Churchill surfing fins and a mask and snorkel, and he said, "Look, Babhru--Siddhasvrupananda Goswimi!").

Any real Pancha=tattva fans (oir just plain geezers) have the month and year?

theist: I would love to see that picture.

So would I, now that you mention it. I'll see if Govinda dasi has that in her collection. If I can get it, I'll post it.

You did great! Congratulations. The Deities were installed in May 1972. I don't remember the date. God, was I ever that young? (That's actually a line from Network, one of my favorite films.)

Guest guest

Haribol, folks. I remember the Kartamashayee deity in the manoa valley temple. Right after Siddha tooik initiatiuon as sanyass, I finally got to meet him. I was living down the street from the quonet hut at rocky point, and me and other surfers were doing our own program, journeying into town on sundays for a little International Marketplace kirtana with Jivan and da boys and girls. Us rocky point hash oil smokin neophystes got some kind compassion from gaursundara, who sent a couple of devotees to guide us, bhakta Ian and bhakta Russell. Lots of folks were coming to the beach, and bruce butler, (Siddhas brother) who lived in the quonset hut at the time, let us use the hall as we grew. The intoxicants dropped off, and a few of us became a little serious, and it became a nice remote program.

Then, all of a sudden, while all the surfers were out of the house, a knock on the door. It was Siddha, with the famous surfer ted spencer from down under, showed up, wanting to borrow a pair of swimming trunks (cause the waves were too hot to be ignored.) He kindly repaid my loaning of swim gear by giving us all a very intimate class on the beach at rocky point that evening. He praised the effort to krsna-ize this north shore community, praised the decentralization, wanting us all to not nercessarily join a temple, but to become a temple by having Krsna be ever present in our presence.

I count this meeting with Siddha as my initiation, though I was encouraged to formalize initiation with Siddha's guru maharaja, Srila Prabhuipada.

I arrived at rocky point in december of 1972, after hearing about siddha from friends in Laguna Beach who allowed us to tear the rented building apart to remodel for Srila Prabhupada's visit there. These former KYC members who were now important ISKCON devotees clearly set me in that direction, the vibe fit, so I wore it.

As far as a present school, I am not certain there is a formal school that bears his name. I do know the world is full of thousands of those who have had great fortune on hearing from this teacher.

Hare Krsna, ys, mahaksadasa

As far as I understand, there are several associations around the world that operate under his shelter. One in Hawaii is called Mantra Meditation Hawaii. Others in the Philippines, Australia and new Zealand, and throught Europe probably have diefferent names. One of their teachings is that krishna consciousness doesn't mean joining anything. It means chanting and hearing, as well as practicing the other processes of bhakti, in the association of devotees and under the guidance of advanced devotees.

In Poland, Tusta Krishna prabhu, an early disciple of Siddhasvarupananda's and an initiated disciple of Srila Prabhupada's, had for many years a dynamic and very large preaching program. Now Balakhilya prabhu, who joined on Kauai in '71 or '72, is driving the preaching there.

If you got there in December '72, it must have been just after Siddha returned from traveling to India with Srila Prabhupada. I was on the farm here on the Big Island then.

Yes, Ian (now Mahadyuti, running an ISKCON center in London) and Russel (Radhapati) were good guys.

I remember going door to door around the North Shore in 1971; when Siddha joined ISKCON, one of the properties he donated was a house on the mauka side of Kamehameha Hwy right at Rocky Point. I lived out there sometimes and in town sometimes, since I had to take care of Tulasi, too.

God, was I ever that young?

Haribol, babhru and others on this line. Just after this meeting on the beach I described, I went to honolulu mckinley st temple, and was parking my mothers car. Siddha came out and was so kind and gentile with me, but when I got into the temple itself, it seems that his famous chastizements had just occurrede. Your mention of balakhilya das reminds me of how a devotee should be under such circumstances. During the IGG campaign, I never seen a person under such stress, but no one handled it better than ol johnny midgitt.

While in laguna area, while I was helpin SV's brother (shivanivas d) and gangarama remodel for Prabhupada's visit, spring of 1972, the phone rung. Siddha was getting ready to go to India, and he was calling the Laguna leaders at the time. I believe that Srila Prabhupada made at lewast ten sanyassis in May of 1972, besides Siddha, Satsvarupa, Visnujnana, sudama, subala, and others had a great ceremony in LA. Shortly after that, Tusta and SV were also given the danda for their preaching efforts around the world.

haribol, going back to the war now, mahaksadasa

Actually, Vishnujana and Subal took sannyas in 1970. They were part of the crew that caused such a fuss in New Vrindavan at Janmastami by preaching that Srila Prabhupada is Krishna (Gargamuni and Brahmananda wer the other two).

For those who don't know, SV is Sudama Vipra.

I fully agree with your comments about Balakhilya. His humility and simplicity belied a sharp intelligence and fierce dedication to service. I'm privileged to have had his company. The IGG campaign was an idea Siddha had: we started a "third" political party here in Hawaii and ran candidates for local, state, and federal office. One candidate for US House of Representatives from Honolulu, Katyayani (Kathy Hoshijo), got something like 27,000 votes.

Guest guest

Do you know who is running a big farm,like 300 acres, in the Big Island? I saw some advertisement for people to go there and they exchange accomodation, prasadam and lots of kirtan for few hours of daily work. I saw something like pizzaRama. Very tempting.

I also heard from one of the kulis that in Honolulu are trying to atract lots of the young people to the temple. Srutakirti and Kusa are there and they want Amekala to help in the project.One of my friends, Balarama, already left to join there.

Atma

Atma: Do you know who is running a big farm,like 300 acres, in the Big Island? I saw some advertisement for people to go there and they exchange accomodation, prasadam and lots of kirtan for few hours of daily work. I saw something like pizzaRama. Very tempting.

300 acres? Don't know about that. However, my friend Garuda has a farm near Opihikao that's about 10 1/2 acres. He ahs preaching programs with lots of kirtan 5 nights a week (there are programs in Hilo the other 2 nights), and on Sunday they have a feast with excellent pizza (about the best crust I've ever had) and plenty of kirtan. Where did you see the ad?

I haven't spoken to Kusha and Sruta for a while, but they're doing great work in Honolulu. That's one ISKCON project I could work with if I had the opportunity.

Guest guest

The Order of Lord Caitanya and Srila Prabhupada is the "same." Then how can anyone say order of Srila Prabhupada is 'Voice only' and Lord Caitanya's is 'Voice and advent.' Because it is the "order same" then both orders are VOICE & ADVENT.

We live in Puna, about 15 miles outside Hilo. Hilo is a nice little city. It rains a lot most of the time. There are devotees spread all over this place. Some are attached to Siddhasvarupa, some to Narayana Maharaja, some to Govinda Maharaja, and others as well (we have disciples of B. P. Puri Maharaja, Bodhayana Maharaja, Paramadvaiti Maharaja as well). We like ot here pretty well, but my wife sometimes misses Pacific Beach and the San Diego temple.

DHARMA FARMS HAWAAI WORK EXCHANGE PROGRAM

WWOOF(WILLING WORKERS ON ORGANIC FARMS) YOUR WAY THROUGH HAWAII, YEAR ROUND PROGRAM

lEARN TROPICAL FARMING, NONI, THE HEALING HERB, SURFING, STEAMVENTS, HOT PONDS, HATHA YOGA, BHAKTI YOGA, KIRTANS ROCKING' RAMA PIZZA PARTY AND GATHERINGS

300 ACRES FARM, NEAR VOLCANOES NATIONAL PARK

3-5 HOURS PER DAY WORK EXCHANGE, CABIN, NATURAL FOODS, GOOD FRIENDS, LEARN THE GITA, SPIRITUAL PROGRESS

CALL 1-808-959-3153 Fax 1-808-959-4628

EMAIL: HawaiianNoniJuice@bizwind.com

Srutakirti was (is) one very nice devotee. It always seemed that when he was attending Srila Prabhupada, things were sooo good. He did not seem to have any enemies, but I did not know him well. Yoza, the last I heard was that he has a big boat and was going inter-island with it. Shows ya how long Ive been out of touch.

Tell big bird that I remember him with great fondness, from Kauai to Peahi. Tell him i even remember the discussion about hillcrest park (in fullerton, Ca) we had way back when.

IGG was great fun, Tusta was a firebrand. But we sure were tired at the end of each day in honolulu. I worked Hawaii Kai one day, handing out Kathy Hoshijo pamphlets, and one of the doors I rang was kathy's mom.

I also remember sluffing off because someone forgot wehere they dropped me off. I was in St Louis heights or wilhelmina drive, and I spent a rainy day at the park near tantaulaus.

I also remember visiting Vrsni and lilasukhi at govinda dasis house at puako. A coupla families brought by sudama to hawaii were leaving, going back east. I remember premanava, a black devotee, but I cant remember his partner or their wives name. This was about the time I met you, cause I came to honolulu just after that, after sudama rescued me from the ol hash oil factory.

haribol, great hearing these ol stories and about ol friends. ys, mahaksadasa

whatabout tom kaseki and john carr (SV's bro).

Guest guest

Jaya Srila Prabhupada!

Jaya Panca-Tattva !!!!!

Jaya Srila Prabhupada!

Jaya Panca-Tattva !!!!!

Jaya Srila Prabhupada!

Jaya Panca-Tattva !!!!!

Jaya Srila Prabhupada!

Jaya Panca-Tattva !!!!!

Jaya Srila Prabhupada!

Jaya Panca-Tattva !!!!!

Jaya Srila Prabhupada!