IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
fifthwheelchapel

Peace Treaty

Rate this topic

Jerusalem belongs to Israel and Isreal belongs to God. I recently read an article that stated that Bush will be presenting a peace treaty (road map) within the next few weeks that will in the end split Jerusalem between the Israelites and the Palestines. Perhaps Jesus is returning sooner than we think. Go to www.fifthwheelchapel.com for printable studies as Jesus taught. There is a lesson in library two called "Peace Treaty with consequences" if you are interested.

Bill

Bill. I just gave your site a quick look and will go back for a better grasp at a later date.

I do have a question for you. Let's say Lord Jesus Christ returns in our lifetime. What would you like him to find you doing at that moment? What a great world we would have if we all lived our lives like that.

Another way to look at it is what would we like to be doing when death comes to take us from this earthly frame. Same thing right? We would want to be engaged in prayer or some form of worshipping God. Or perhaps studying scripture or sharing God with others. In some way we would want to be remembering and serving Him.

Remember Dismas? I believe that was the name of the thief who was crucified next to Christ. Atb the very last moments of his life he confessed his faith in Christ and Jesus said that on that very day he would be with Christ in heaven.

We don't know when that last day will come for us, so we must practice and try to remember God at every moment.

To help us remember the Lord we cam glorify His Holy Name, perhaps together in groups or even when we are seemingly alone.

Different cultures will be seen to have different names for the one personal God, but the language differences are not important, for God sees the intent of our heart.

What are your thoughts on this?

As usual very nice inputs Theist.

As an input to this:

We don't know when that last day will come for us, so we must practice and try to remember God at every moment.

From Srimad Bhagavatam:

sa vai pumsam paro dharma

yato bhaktir adhokshaje

ahiatuki aprtihatata

yayatma suprasidati

The supreme dharma or occupational duty of human being is to render devotional service to the Lord (who cannot be known by the blunt senses). This devotion should be without any consideration of benefit and without any consideration of the circumstance, which leads to the satisfaction and happiness of the self!

Guest guest

wonderful statement.

As in John 15:4 abide in me and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine, no more can ye except ye abide in me.

May God find us all abiding in him and him in us at his return for:

Romans 8:11 But if the spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his spirit that dwelleth in you.

Bill

You know what they say, if Jesus ever retruend, he'd go to the Hare Krishna temple! :-)

Anyway, the Promised Land is not where most think it is. It's in Kashmir, India.

(Bracing self for big debate. ha Not in the mood tho. Haribol.)

YS,

Prtha dd

Pritha: You know what they say, if Jesus ever retruend, he'd go to the Hare Krishna temple! :-)

There was a line in the old film "Atlantic City" where a spaced-out new-agey chick said, "I think that if Jesus came today. he'd be a Hare Krishna."

He might bring a whip though to chase out the money changers. Or stay apart like Haridas Thakur.

The question is, where would he go first. the Catholic Church or...you know.

He would also be solidly in the acarya is self-effugent camp.

Yeah, there a alot of them. Every religion seems to have them. Even the Hare Krsna's are not exempt. But that tendancy lies within us all to one degree or another.

Remember maybe 10 or 12 years ago this one preacher built a tower for himself and called it the Prayer Tower. I can't remember his name. He told his TV viewers that God told him if he didn't come up with 14 million dollars then God was going to take him from this Earth. LOL So His viewers all sent in the money so God wouldn't kill the preacher. LOLOLOLOL. God was supposedly holding this guy hostage in the tower. There was also a time deadline. Oh man.

There was a line in the old film "Atlantic City" where a spaced-out new-agey chick said, "I think that if Jesus came today. he'd be a Hare Krishna."

LOL LOL Even the movie industry has heard of it. ha It use to be an inside joke. I guess it got around.

Actually, MGM use to be close to the LA temple. Within walking distance. I remmeber. And a bit beyond it was Universal Studio's if I'm not mistaken. But that was years ago and they have both moved now. But I think that's an old movie you mentioned, so it may have found its way to them. Sometimes devotees worked for them, like with art, etc. And as extras. Then there was that California air. ha Glad I moved.

YS,

Prtha dd

Guest guest

Theist-

yea you are so right and it is so sad.

I don't know anything about Hare Krsna??????

And what is letter to krsnadasa 1972?????

Please enlighten me.

Thank you,

Bill

This wasn't directed to me but Thiest isn't answering, maybe didn't see it. Though I can only answer the first question.

Though I only have a few minutes, so the short answer is, Kirshna is God, Jesus is son of God. I guess I would need more questions. :-) But there's a start.

YS,

Priitaa d.d.d

Bill,

Sorry so late in responding. I had problems logining in for a few days and this thread got buried by then.

The Hare Krsna movement is centered around chanting the names of God and inspiring others to chant God's names.It is a mono-theistic understanding of God. There is one God and that God is personal. he has placed His spiritual power in His hundreds and millions of names.

The basic chant or prayer is:

Hare Krsna Hare Krsna

Krsna Krsna Hare Hare

Hare Rama Hare Rama

Rama Rama Hare Hare

Here is something on the mantra that you may enjoy. It is A.C. Bhaktivedanta speaking.

The Hare Krsna Mantra

The transcendental vibration established by the chanting of Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare/ Hare Räma, Hare Räma, Räma Räma, Hare Hare, is the sublime method for reviving our transcendental consciousness As living spiritual souls, we are all originally Krsna conscious entities, but due to our association with matter from time immemorial, our consciousness is now adulterated by the material atmosphere. The material atmosphere, in which we are now living, is called mäyä, or illusion. Mäyä means that which is not. And what is this illusion? The illusion is that we are all trying to be lords of material nature, while actually we are under the grip of her stringent laws. When a servant artificially tries to imitate the all-powerful master, it is called illusion. We are trying to exploit the resources of material nature, but actually we are becoming more and more entangled in her complexities. Therefore, although we are engaged in a hard struggle to conquer nature, we are ever more dependent on her. This illusory struggle against material nature can be stopped at once by revival of our eternal Krsna consciousness.

Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare is the transcendental process for reviving this original pure consciousness. By chanting this transcendental vibration, we can cleanse away all misgivings within our hearts. The basic principle of all such misgivings is the false consciousness that I am the lord of all I survey.

Krsna consciousness is not an artificial imposition on the mind. This consciousness is the original natural energy of the living entity. When we hear the transcendental vibration, this consciousness is revived. This simplest method of meditation is recommended for this age. By practical experience also, one can perceive that by chanting this mahä-mantra, or the Great Chanting for Deliverance, one can at once feel a transcendental ecstasy coming through from the spiritual stratum. In the material concept of life we are busy in the matter of sense gratification as if we were in the lower animal stage. A little elevated from this status of sense gratification, one is engaged in mental speculation for the purpose of getting out of the material clutches. A little elevated from this speculative status, when one is intelligent enough, one tries to find out the supreme cause of all causes within and without. And when one is factually on the plane of spiritual understanding, surpassing the stages of sense, mind and intelligence, he is then on the transcendental plane. This chanting of the Hare Krsna mantra is enacted from the spiritual platform, and thus this sound vibration surpasses all lower strata of consciousness namely sensual, mental and intellectual. There is no need, therefore, to understand the language of the mantra, nor is there any need for mental speculation nor any intellectual adjustment for chanting this mahä-mantra. It is automatic, from the spiritual platform, and as such, anyone can take part in vibrating this transcendental sound without any previous qualification. In a more advanced stage, of course, one is not expected to commit offenses on grounds of spiritual understanding.

In the beginning, there may not be the presence of all transcendental ecstasies, which are eight in number. These are: (1) Being stopped as though dumb, (2) perspiration, (3) standing up of hairs on the body, (4) dislocation of voice, (5) trembling, (6) fading of the body, (7) crying in ecstasy, and (8) trance. But there is no doubt that chanting for a while takes one immediately to the spiritual platform, and one shows the first symptom of this in the urge to dance along with the chanting of the mantra. We have seen this practically. Even a child can take part in the chanting and dancing. Of course, for one who is too entangled in material life, it takes a little more time to come to the standard point, but even such a materially engrossed man is raised to the spiritual platform very quickly. When it is chanted by a pure devotee of the Lord in love, it has the greatest efficacy on hearers, and as such this chanting should be heard from the lips of a pure devotee of the Lord, so that immediate effects can be achieved. As far as possible, chanting from the lips of nondevotees should be avoided. Milk touched by the lips of a serpent has poisonous effects.

The word Harä is the form of addressing the energy of the Lord, and the words Krsna and Räma are forms of addressing the Lord Himself. Both Krsna and Räma mean the supreme pleasure, and Harä is the supreme pleasure energy of the Lord, changed to Hare (Hah-ray) in the vocative. The supreme pleasure energy of the Lord helps us to reach the Lord.

The material energy, called mäyä, is also one of the multi-energies of the Lord. And we the living entities are also the energy, marginal energy, of the Lord. The living entities are described as superior to material energy. When the superior energy is in contact with the inferior energy, an incompatible situation arises; but when the superior marginal energy is in contact with the superior energy, called Harä, it is established in its happy, normal condition.

These three words, namely Harä, Krsna and Räma, are the transcendental seeds of the mahä-mantra. The chanting is a spiritual call for the Lord and His energy, to give protection to the conditioned soul. This chanting is exactly like the genuine cry of a child for its mother,s presence. Mother Harä helps the devotee achieve the Lord Father's grace, and the Lord reveals Himself to the devotee who chants this mantra sincerely.

No other means of spiritual realization is as effective in this age of quarrel and hypocrisy as the mahä-mantra: Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare/ Hare Räma, Hare Räma, Räma Räma, Hare Hare.

So that gives an idea of the basics. I find it very compatable with the teachings of Jesus Christ.

Oh, and the reference at the bottom is to a letter that was sent by Bhaktivedanta Swami to one of his students who was having trouble with an allegory in a scripture that went against modern science. Bhaktivedanta Swami advised him not to worry about such allegorical descriptions but rather to take the essence.

Glad to see you are still with us Bill

God bless and Hare Krsna

Guest guest

finally someone agrees with me all this hatred and discrimination among religions is disgraceful, there is only one god.

Bill,

Thiest has given you a wonderful reply!

I just wanted to add, maybe you would be interested in our thread called, "What Do Hare Krishna Devotees Believe about Christ?" Here is the link if it has gotten burried:

http://www.audarya-fellowship.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=hinduism&Number=37816&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1&vc=1

Would love to hear what you have to think about it all, tho there is a lot and will take some reading and time. :-) Anyway, its all good.

YS,

Priitaa

unregistered thank you for your reply. God is wanting everyone to know that the hate, etc among HIS children is not acceptable. His love joins man regardless of your religion or nationality. We do have a chat room sign up at http://www.paltalk.com then we are listed under the christianity rooms the chat room is:coffee house chapel come study with us.

In love and compassion,

Bill

http://www.fifthwheelchapel.com