IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Mystic_Styles

is there a such thing as soulmate?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Yes, you have a soulmate.

I may be your soulmate.

No, it is not the same as a best-friend.

---Freebird

Guest guest

Of course Krsna is our soulmate. He can relate to each of us fully without diminishing His relations with other living entities.

But I think you are meaning another jiva. I can't speak to that but I do know many in the material world are trying to find their "soulmate" and it is rather sad to see.They set themselves up for a world of hurt.

Time will rip apart every relationship we form here in the ordinary course of life.( I am not speaking of your relationship with your guru.)Your wife this time may becvme your sister in the next birth and marry another. Eventually you both may drift into other planetary systems.

We should first become solid in our primary relationship with Krsna. After that all other relationships will fall naturally into place.

Hare Krsna

So the question must come up why bother to try for such a thing in this atmosphere?

Guest guest

I disagree with the comment about you being too attached to material desires and the body. It seems to me that if you "think" you know who your soulmate is that you are over intellectualizing. You need to stop that. You need to live your life and experience your relationships; not guess, assume, or hypothesize that the person you are currently attracted too may be your soulmate. You also need to abandon the idea that when you find you soulmate that it is his function to make you happy. For example, if your boyfriend was a source of happiness, then all people around him had to experience happiness too, because happiness emanates from him. But it is not like that, it is just an illusion created by our ignorance about how things really are. Finally, you need to recognize that your soulmate is the one who nurtures your Dharma.

---Freebird

WELL IT'S NOT MY BOYFRIEND, IT'S NOT ANYONE I KNOW PERSONALY.. THANKS FOR YOUR COMMENT IT'S HELPING ME OUT, BUT CAN YOU FULLY EXPLAIN, THE PART WHEN YOU SAID MY SOULMATE IS SOMEONE WHO NURTURES MY DHARMA, CAN YOU FULLY EXPLAIN DHARMA?

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW SOME SIGNS, WHY? CAUSE I WANT TO MAKE SURE IAM CORRECT...........

OH YEAH JUST TO LET YA IN ON SOMETHING, THAT I HAVENT MET THE PERSON, OR EVEN TALK TO THEM, I JUST KNOW WHO IT IS.....IT'S LIKE I KNOW BUT I CAN'T EXPLAIN HOW I KNOW.. IT'S A VERY SPIRITUAL AND DIFFERENT EXPERIENCE FOR ME, I NEVER BEEN THHROUGH NOTHING LIKE THIS, IT'S BUGGIN MY BRAIN, CAUSE IT'S THE FIRST TIME I FELT THIS ABOUT SOMEONE I HAVENT MET, IT'S NOT A SEXUAL DESIRE, OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT... IT'S LIKE I KNOW THE PERSON EVENTHOUGH I HAVENT MET THEM PHYSICALLY I FEEL LIKE I MET THEM SPIRITUALY... IS IT POSSIBLE TO TALK TO YOUR SOULMATE IN YOUR MIND........ IT'S CRAZY I SERIOUSLY NEED HELP, YOUR COMMENTS ARE APPRECIATED.

I CALL MYSELF MYSTIC, CAUSE BASICALY I HAD A MYSTICAL EXPERIENCES, BUT IAM NOT ALL FAMIALIAR WITH THE INTELLECTAUL TERMINOLOGY.... I READ SOMETHINGS ABOUT DHARMA, BUT IAM NOT 100% SURE... SO I NEED SOMEONE TO CLEAR IT UP FOR ME........... LIKE I SAID BE EASY, IAM JUST SEEKING HELP, IAM NOT ANY RELIGION, IAM JUST ON A SOUL SEARCHING QUEST

Guest guest

Those feelings in the mind are often impressions from a relationship in some recent past life. Maybe you had a strong love for this person in the past. The sense of that is carried over into this life but the context is different. Different forms names families etc. The stage is different, the costumes are different so it is hard to make sense of it. It may seem significant but from a larger, broader perspective it is not.

Just suppose that person is your "soulmate". Time and circumstace are going to separate you again for sure. Then what? Will you spend lifetime after lifetime trying to locate and then solidify this relationship with this person?

Its like chasing a phantom.

Feelings come feelings go. Let's just remember Krsna as our primary soulmate and leave this temporary field altogether.

Hare Krsna

theist

Guest guest

Soulmates will change in due course of time in repeated birth and death.One soul mate may stay for many births because of intense desires.After death we meet family members and lovers from previous births.The love we feel towards a soulmate is only a reflection of love we have for Godhead.It lies dormant in our heart.In fact we are searching for that same love in every aspect of life.We become frustuated because all things are temporary in this world.

Please visit http://www.near-death.com

Joy

O.K THE FIRST GUEST, YOUR MISSING THE POINT. IAM NOT SEARCHING FOR THIS PERSON, I JUST "KNOW" WHO IT IS..........IAM NOT ON A SOULMATE QUEST, IT'S JUST LIKE WHEN I SEE THE PERSON, EVENTHOUGH WE HAVENT COMMUNICATED, (I ONLY KNOW HIM THROUGH SIGHT), I KNOW. I HAVENT TOLD ANYONE ABOUT THIS... SO IAM TRYNA GET SOME SPIRITUAL ADVICE, IT'S EASY FOR PEOPLE TO SAY LEAVE IT ALONE, IF THEY ARE NOT GOING THROUGH IT.. YOU CAN'T SAY "FORGET" IT...... I JUST WANT TO KNOW MABEY FROM SOMEONE WHO HAVE FOUND THIER SOULMATE, HOW DID THEY KNOW THEY WERE CORRECT?????

IT'S SOUND LIKE YOUR BITTER OR HAVE GIVEN UP ON LOVE.. YES YOU NEED GOD, BUT GOD HAVE ALSO PUT HIS LOVE ON EARTH FOR US TO RECEIVE THROUGH OTHER PEOPLE.. A SOULMATE IS A GREAT THING TO EXPERIENCE, WHETHER YOU LOSE HIM OR NOT, IT'S BETTER TO LOVE AND HAVE LOST, THEN TO NEVER LOVE AT ALL.. THAT'S THE BEAUTY OF LIFE.. IAM NOT SAYING THAT IT HAS TO BE FOR ETERNITY.. I JUST FEEL THAT IN THE PRESENT IN THIS DAY, IT'S THIS PERSON.

THE SECOND GUEST, THANX.... YOUR ADICE IS REALLY HELPING

Guest guest

You are getting that feeling because of some connection.May be before taking birth you were with him.We are here to learn lessons and grow spiritually.Yours is beginning.

One advice.Close your eyes and ask God in prayer.He will help you.He is already in your heart with a smile on his face.

Joy

Hey mystic, i think there is a soulmate, because it makes sense that you are here for your soulmate* my opinion*.* my opinion* However, your soulmate may be some one who represents something totally different. For example, for the god intoxicated beings the soulmate is god. For people who see things to be more simple, well the soulmate is the one who you care for the most. well, if you marry your soulmate then it is great, you have a wonderful life together, but i think you have to make sure that the soulmate that you marry tends to like you as his or her soulmate.

We see this in the story of sukra in Yoga vasista, where the guy basically gets married with his lover and loves her so much that when he gets reincarnated, he gets reincarnated into a girl then his love turns puts his lover into a guy so that they will get the chance to marry according to ancient indian customs.

Anyway, its all speculation, but the truth is simple, for people whose soulmate is krishna, they are never let down in any aspect of their life.

Krishna's humble friend,

sudhamshu /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Guest guest

Mystic Styles,

I find your comments interesting concerning your soul mate. My understand - as with my case - is you meet the person first and then feel you've known them all your life or they're more than family to you or something like that. In your expression, that is backwards - you have the feeling before actual contact. I don't know what to think of that.

Freebird is giving great advice, but that's for those aspiring for another world.

A soulmate is basically someone who feel "very" connected with. They are like a part of you. It can be a friend or lover, same sex or not. You have a sense of being made for each other. That feeling of intimacy certainly transcends sex. It is intense friendship with intimacy.

It can be material or spiritual. I've had my experience of this and I can tell you it exists in reality. One example that comes to mind is from the Mahabharata. It is the relationship between Radheya (or Karna) and Durhyodhana.

But Freebird is ultimately right in his transcendental vision. We cannot ultimately satisfy each other.

Guess Guest.

Guest said :

"A soulmate is basically someone who feel "very" connected with. They are like a part of you. It can be a friend or lover, same sex or not. You have a sense of being made for each other. That feeling of intimacy certainly transcends sex. It is intense friendship with intimacy.

One example that comes to mind is from the Mahabharata. It is the relationship between Radheya (or Karna) and Durhyodhana."

<font color="blue"> </font color> Are you implying that Karna and Durhyodhana had a sexual relationship?

Guest guest

Sri,

I guess my meaning wasn't clear when I said it transcends sex. A family relationship involves intimacy without sex (we hope) unless it's the parents with each other.

I'm talking about a "kindship" that is superlative. Someone that "knows" you throughout all your many changes. Someone who is always there for you. Someone you can talk to about anything. someone who will watch your back, etc.

I'm talking about love without sex.

Guest guest

Sri,

But you feel more connected to this person than even the basic family relationship. You feel "part" of them. So much so that you may even risk your own life for their nonsense.

It is a very intense comraderie. In fact, you may even wonder and dream about the person as if in love... Well, it is love. It can be sexual or not. But it is not dependent on that.

If it is 2 women or 2 men, obviously I "am not" talking about sex.

This and last post by Guess Guest.

Dear Guest,

Thanks for clarifying.

I was initially shocked by the embedded implication of your post.

Instead of posting as a GUEST, why don't you register? It makes life easy for people who want to reply, specially when there are several GUESTs.

Register Mate! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Just to clear it up, is I have talk to the person, but have not met them physically to talk to them, but it feel like I know the person, very deeply. Like I can read thier thoughts. I say that's deep.. If I predict, the person will say this, they will, it's like they say everything Iam thinking or feeling. I havent met the person "yet" but I know we will meet, I feel that the person is my soulmate, but I am tryna get better understanding.. It's not even a sexual desire, it just feel like a need to talk to them physicaly. Idon't know if ya understand me.........

I know I said I havent even talked to them, but I was talking about physically, I have talk to them through other sources.......It's like we are always thinking the "same" I really can't go into details... how do you send pm's?

Try Footlocker. Watch "My Left Foot" film. Soulmate is a nice idea.

Yoko Ono wanted to be John Lennon's wife again in her next life so she asked PrabhupAd for a mantra to Gaurantee this. SP said "This is not possible. No such Gaurantee."

Guest guest

In modern society, the idea of "soulmates" usually refers to persons who reincarnate again and again together. Some people even think that they can be bound to their soulmate eternally. However, it seems to me that an attachment that strong for another jiva (other than a pure devotee) would be a hindrance for developing unalloyed attachment to Krishna.