IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Narayanidd

S.B. and the world's current situation

Rate this topic

My dear vaisnavas,

Please accept my humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada!

The current situation of the world is certainly a sad state of affairs. Srimad Bhagavatam 12th canto ch.3 most clearly describes the age of kali. It is very relavent to the current events going on in the middle east.

text 1: Sukadeva Goswami said: Seeing the kings of this earth busy trying to conquer her, the earth herself laughed. She said "Just see how these kings, who are actually playthings in the hands of death, are desiring to conquer me."

text 2: "Great rulers of men, even those who are learned, meet frustration and failure because of material lust. Driven by lust these kings place great hope and faith in the dead lump of flesh called the body, even though the material frame is as fleeting as bubbles of foam on water."

text 5: "After conquering all the land on my suface, these proud kings forcibly enter the ocean to conquer the sea itself. What is the use of their self-control, which is aimed at political exploitation? The actual goal of self-control is spiritual liberation."

text 7: "For the sake of conquering me, materialistic persons fight one another. Fathers oppose their sons, and brothers fight one another, because their hearts are bound to possessing political power."

text 8: "Political leaders challenge one another: 'All this land is mine! It's not yours, you fool!' Thus they attack one another and die."

But fear not Srimad Bhagavatam doesn't leave us only with these dire statements. There is hope.

text 51:

kaler dosa-nidhe rajann

asti hy eko mahan gunah

kirtanad eva krsnasya

mukta-sangah param vrajet

"My dear King, although Kali-yuga is an ocean of faults, there is still one good quality about this age: Simply by chanting the Hare Krsna maha-mantra, one can become free from material bondage and be promoted to the transcendental kingdom."

Your servant,

Narayani d.d.

Guest guest

chanting is good after knowing the world situatuon.

but it is not the best response.

it is selfish.

it means, "i do not want to influence any of the warring parties. i do not want to fight terrorists. i will just chant and do my good karma. i dont care what happens to us, our temples, and our yatra dhamas, and to those police and military who give us the freedom to do chanting."

jai sri prabhupada!

it is selfish.

Really? So what do you suggest we do about the Iraq situation? Go to Iraq and convert the civilians there into Gaudiya Vaishnavas at gunpoint? /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Guest guest

"So what do you suggest we do about the Iraq situation? Go to Iraq and convert the civilians there into Gaudiya Vaishnavas at gunpoint? "

no, but to expose any ideology very well to the world,

the ideology/scripture, that says to convert or kill other kafirs (HK's inclded) at gun point or dagger point.

to preach KC to hindus is preaching to soft audience,

they already know krishna, although they do need to learn dharma correclty. in contrast to them there are other people who out right say krishna is not god and are ever eager to destroy krishna temples and devotees. so, they need to be preached KC. who can preach tme better than you and other HKs?

na cha tasmAn manushyeshu kashchit me priya krittamah

bhavit na cha me tasmat anyah priyatarh bhuvi

says krishna, and you know it.

wars in the matrial world cnanot be avoided.

it is better to take side of one who is more dharmi than the other.

now when new gov. would take over iraq, there will be oppertunity for HK's to go there and serve prasadam and expose people there of KC. i really pray krishna that HK's do not miss this oppertunity. yes, HK's can do it.

My dear vaisnavas,

Please accept my humble obeisances. All glories to Srila Prabhupada.

In response to "wars in the material world cannot be avoided. It is better to take side of one who is more dharmi than the other."

In this age of kali-yuga NO war has dharma. We are all full of ignorance. I had not intended to imply that one should ignore the current situation and just go off and chant thinking only of one's own spiritual advancement.

Srila Prabhupada said that the Krsna conscious movement is the best welfare work in this world. Bringing God conscoiusness to all would improve the world's current state of affairs better than any war could ever do. Sankirtan or congregational chanting is one way to spread this God consciousness. As Srimad Bhagavatam states chanting is the one glory in this age. Sri Caitanya was so merciful that he spread the sankirtana yajna freely to all. It is in our power and, our duty to help continue in this mission.

A great vaisnava quality is compassion. In the eighth canto it is described that a vaisnava is unhappy to see the suffering of others and will even put his own welfare at risk to help relieve that suffering. To relieve suffering, spreading God consciousness is the only way.

While these crooked and corrupt politicians terrorize the earth vaisnavas should strengthen all efforts to bring Lord Caitanya's sankirtan yajna to every town and village.

Your servant,

Narayani d.d.

Guest guest

We chant in service to the Holy Names, appreciating what we have been given. Realizing Their deeper significance, we are driven to share by the compassion naturally welling up within our hearts. Nothing is more powerful than such chanting, when based on realized faith. Nor will anything else suffice in this Age of Kali [quarrel and hypocrisy]. We must always remember though that we chant not for ourselves, but others. It should be done personally in willing self-sacrifice, rather than technically as a form of self-liberation.

Guest guest

"While these crooked and corrupt politicians terrorize the earth vaisnavas should strengthen all efforts to bring Lord Caitanya's sankirtan yajna to every town and village."

yes, but especially to iraq and afghanistan now.

why not pakistan and banglasesh, saudi arabia, etc. sure.

the effect of the successful effort should be reduction of terrorism.

jai sri prabhupada!

Guest guest

it is selfish.

it means, "i do not want to influence any of the warring parties. i do not want to fight terrorists. i will just chant and do my good karma. i dont care what happens to us, our temples, and our yatra dhamas, and to those police and military who give us the freedom to do chanting."

jai sri prabhupada!

While it is nice this guy likes Prabhupada, he is constantly posting to brahmana's or Vaisnava's (or those trying to get there) to go fight or get signficantly involved in war, while he himself sits on a message board and does not go fight or do much else but complain. Why not preach to the kstriyas? There is a reason for avoding them. Anyway, to constantly put the holy name down as an excuse for selfishness, irresponsibility or anything else, is offensive. Best to apologize and stop. But I suspect a strong lack of humility and a know-it-all mentality.