IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
anadi

Limitless light The teachings of the demoniac mayavada in the universal history.

Rate this topic

As given by my param gurudeva Acarya Keshari Sri Srimad, Bhakti Prajnana Keshava Gosvami,

further explained by my gurudeva Srila Bhaktivedanta Narayana Maharaja and

one of his prominent disciples Srila Bhaktivedanta Aranya Maharaja.

The teachings of the demoniac mayavada in the universal history.

But first

What is mayavada?

The word maya generally indicates

jada-shakti (the potency of inert matter) or

avydia-shakti (the potency of nescience)

which is the shadow of the svarupa-shakti (internal potency) of para-tattva (Complete Supreme Absoulute).

Maya is the presiding deity of the material world.

It is this very potency which leads a living entity in the material bondage to identify himself with the physical body, to consider the objects connected with the body to be his own, and to accept the shelter of mayavada (the doctrine of LIMIT less light).

The mayavada doctrine is that the Absolute Truth, Brahman is an undifferentiated or homogeneous spirit, which is devoid of

any potency (nirvi-shesha) and

any attributes (nirakara) or

is the limitless light.

From this point of view, then,

there can be no existence of a distinct maya POTENCY with the characteristic function of creating illusion, because Brahman is nirvi-shesha (without potency)

The mayavada doctrine says

Jiva (the soul) is actually Brahman (the Supreme Absolute)

which exist separate from Himself,

and this is an illusion created by His NOT existing? potency Maya.

And mayavadis say:

Yes! There is no existing potency Maya,

but at the same this potency Maya exist (this doctrine is called sat-asat vilakshana anirvacaniya),

But that means that Brahman

is nirvi-shesha (without potency) and

savi-shesha (icluding all potencies) at the same time

because of the sat-asat vilakshana anirvacaniya doctrine, which says that the potency exist, and exist not at the same time)

But they say "No, no. Only nirvi-shesha (without potency)."

People who hold this deceptive opinion are maya-vadis or impersonalists.

But why is the nature of mayavada doctrine demoniac?

I am saddened to see how blind you are to the eternal truths set down by the living breathing atman you term impersonal you are not at all fit to discuss vedanta.I will attempt once again to shed light on this reality as percieved through the eye of janani.One light I shine one flame i consume all formless i abide as bliss attributless i assume all attributes those who see me not are deemed ignorant by the wise.I hope you have not wasted too much of your life on this incomplete truth you call worship.If you cannot abide as the absolute brahman and realize the unity of all beings within one infinite light and abide as conciousness not desiring any finite thing for it is said even the gods die.Atman is unborn unformed limitless conciousness if you cannot remember your original state then you are doomed to endless lifecycles maya cannot be ascaped through worship only by direct realization of the atman within all can set one free of the aggregates you dwell on as permanent.I know i sound harsh but your ignorance demands wisdom out of my infinite compassion i grant you this boon.wonderfull am i adoration to myself who no no decay and survive even the destruction of the world from brahma down to a clump of grass.oh i am spotless tranquil pure conciousness and beyond nature all this time i have been duped by illusion.virtue and vice pleasure and pain are of the mind O all pervading one you are niether doer nor enjoyer Verily you are ever free.If you cannot be happy without the extra additions of meditation and worship arent you denying the krisna conciousness within yourself it is sad you are so confused about the truth and lost in duplicity and ignorance.all this is brahman all this is atman all this is krisna its not about the name or the idea people its about the actual realization of the eternal self if you cannot see the eternal shinning through all as the heart of the heart then i pity what you call liberation and i pity even more the state of my being that has become associated with ignoarance and blindness.I have many reading suggestions for you tunnel visioned jivas you wisdom is incomplete if it does not include the absolute unity of all existence the trancendence of the ego and imagination that arrives only through desire wich arises from ignorance you desire only your own original face I tire of this long winded explination of truth and conciousness indeed i hope you have learned something that might set you free of your infinite duality and ignorance of the one light shinning through all.

Guest guest

Now this is just for a sidenote.

According to mayavad we are God.Mayavadis say all suffering in the world is God's play.

How come God falls into illusion?

It is obvious he never falls but his tiny fragments(spirit souls) enter material energy to enjoy or suffer karma.Since we are so small we are prone to ignorance.God is so big he controls all energies.Souls always take shelter either of inferior material energy or superior spiritual energy of God.

Mayavadis accept God is impersonal and are against personal concept.Gita says God is both personal and impersonal.It depends on how we want to approach him.

Mayavadis easily fall from the spirit for mind is restless,it wants to master more.It is true we are made up of light just like God's and we are pure,spotless and lovable just like him.

Bottom line is we are servants not God.

I met one mayavadi on about.com forums who told me Krsna and Jesus tell lies.No matter Indians are so confused today.All of them are giving God no form and are thinking they are greatest themselves.

Joy

According to mayavada conception, Ishvara (the Supreme Lord), like the jiva (the soul) is also in the cluthes of the not existing potency Maya.

What is the difference between Ishvara and jiva?

The jiva have to accept the fruit of his action and is bound by karma.

Ishvara is in pure goodness (shuddha satva) and covered by the not existing potency Maya, and although is covered by Maya, He doesn't have to accept karma.

What says the compiler of the Vedic wisdom, the author of the Vedanta-sutra Sri Krishna- dvaipayana Veda-vyasa in this connection?

Mayavadam asac-chastram praccahnnam bauddham ucyata (Padma Purana, Uttara khanda 25.7)

Mayavada is false and against veda (wisdom)

Vedarthan maha shastram mayavadam avaidikam

Maya-iva vihitam devi jagatam nasha karanat

(Padma Purana, Uttara khanda 62.31)

This mayavada is but hidden buddhism.

Many demoniac scholars like Vijnana-bhikshu (sankhya adherent) and the adherents of the Patanjali doctrine accepted Shankara as the one who nurtured the flow of the buddhist conception.

All this conceptions have been propagated in the previous yugas by powerful demons (as we shall see), and in this kali-yuga this evil conception is called good so that the evil can be victorious (like in the negative utopias of the communist countries, which were called good).

Guest guest

Your infinite blindness that keeps you from seeing the true reality is the same ignorance that you claim is bringing you closer to god if krisna derailed or derided the upanishads ive never seen such a reference.Furthermore your allusion to me being demoniac is a resounding indication of your total ignorance and spiritual darkness.I am truly saddened by your fear and hate of vedanta there is nothing negative or harmfull in the vedantic teachings.If you are foolish enough to take someone elses word on a system of thought that has survived thousands if not millions of years you are indeed a fool of the highest caliber by anyones estimation.I am way beyond trying to explain vedanta in this forum there is much to much ignorance for any truth to be realized.As you people are so stuck on what srila said you dont think for yourselves i am somewhat sickened by what hes done to you hes made you averse to the highest philosophy probably due to his inability to realize the ultimate atman so he chose to lie and say there was no ultimate atman I can not lie to you and say you are right when I know you are in a state of ignorance your suffering is the result of your incomplete awareness.If you only knew what the true reality is you would at once be complete.You await return to godhead i have realized that godhead cannot be seperated from existence,you think you are right i know I am right we can agree that we both think the other is wrong.Yet still through this i feel our oneness i feel our unity i call out and say if you think i am evil then you are beyond ignorance and in complete darkness,if you think i would have you worship me you are doomed.I remain as atman,atman shinning all shines,I am formless,pure beyond conception limitless in me all the imagined states exist trancending the ignorance of ego I attain absolute immersion in my own eternal nature.You seek what is outside you seek in darkness for the light,when the buddha is awake everyone is awake,when the buddha is asleep everyones asleep.Bliss is the nature of self.There are those who see other hear other know other these i call ignorant,then there are those who see no other hear no other know no other these i call wise.I am saddened by your obsession with the forms of the guru I am saddened by your lack of realization i am saddened you cannot see the atman shinning.What by being know makes all things known,atman my friends realize your trancendental nature or run in circles looking for krisna lol it doesnt matter to space.

Guest guest

Please don't cry ignorance.Nobody is blind here.You,me or anyone else.Truth is complete and it has both personal and non personal features.God has given us freedom to choose whatever path we like.

Please don't take my words harshly.All I am saying is the concept that we are as great as God is not logical.God is mother and father and we are tiny children.Both are capable of love.God loves more.

Joy

Like staring at the Sun and not being able to see anything clearly.

Did you every ask yourself why you are preaching this mayavada philosphy if no separate souls exist?

Who are you talking to?

If You are us why can't you convince us?

Does God have MPD( multiple personality disorder)?

YOU don't even believe in your philosophy so why should we?

The conviction of param gurudeva was that bhakti cannot be established in the world until the philosophy of impersonalism will be completely annihilated.

So many acaryas in previous time they had written very meticulously essays which completely dismantle all the ideas of shankar acarya. Yet still this presentations are very difficult for the common man to understand. First of all you have to learn all shankar acarya philosophy about pratibimba vada and pariscaitya vada, bhyavaharik sata, pratibhasik sata, real and unreal existence, anivarcanya the indescribable, upadhis, and many more. First you have to learn all that. After that you have to learn the even more complex uprooting of all those ideas. So, for the common people is very difficult. Param gurudeva touched all this points but coming from many directions.

Let us take the historical direction. Why? Because if you ask many people about Vedanta they will say "Oh Vedanta, the philosophy of shankar acarya?"

Oh, no. Shankar acarya advaita Vedanta has been considered Vedanta, but actually there is no such a thing as advaita Vedanta, because Vedanta is all about prema,

You cannot have advaita Vedanta.

Is a contradiction in terms (advaita means not two, and prema means exchanging of transcendental loving emotions between the object of love -ashraya tattva and the container of love -vishaya tattva).

But people think that shankar acarya was the first commentator on Vedanta, and that is why Vedanta belongs to his sampradaya.

And param gurudeva has decided to uproot the mayavada philosophy from the beginging of time.

So he started from satya yuga.

He wanted to give mayavada jivani - the life history of mayavada., so that one can understand the real nature of it.

He explained that shankar acarya in his Vedanta commentary, has quoted as evidence for his philosophy a conversation between Badhva and Vaskali, who was the grandson of Hiranyakashipu.

Besides Prahlada, Hiranyakashipu had a son called Anuhlada, who like his father was a ferocious demon, and Anuhlada had a son called Vaskali, who was like his father and grandfather.

So in supporting his own arguments, shankar acarya quotes Vaskali, saying that he is speaking good siddhanta.

This Vaskali was liberated by the mercy of Vamana deva.

And how was he liberated?

As all the demons are liberated by the Supreme Personality of Godhead

namely by killing them,

and so he got what he wanted, the limitless light.

And how gives the Supreme Personality of Godhead liberation to His devotees?

By His blessings, entering in a transcendental loving relationship with them.

Impartial and soft hearted sages who took to advaita vada were saved from the devouring mouth of mayavada and their hearts were purified by the mercy received from the avataras of Bhagavan.

But stone hearted demons, who had faith in opinions which are opposed to the shastras, could not receive bhakti tattva.

In this way param gurudeva shows that in satya yuga mayavada was propagated by demons

and the Supreme Personality of Godhead killed them.

In this way he rejected mayavada in satya yuga.

A prominent proponent of advaita vada in treta yuga was Vashishtha Muni.

He was the family priest of the kings belonging to the surya vamsa (sun dynasty).

He wrote Yogavashistha, which has advaita vada in it.

In kali yuga by the advent of Sri Krsna Caitanya, Advaita Acarya was very much embarrassed by being honoured by Sri Krsna Caitanya because He was a senior devotee, and He did not like it that Sri Caitanya was honouring Him so much.

He wanted to feel Himself as an insignificant servant of Sri Caitanya, but that was like impossible.

So what did Advaita Acarya do?

He started to give lectures on Yogavashistha of Vashishtha Muni.

When Sri Caitanya heard of it He came like a hurricane to Advaita Acarya and grabed Him by the hair, and threw Him on the ground, and Advaita Acarya started to chant Hari bol! Hari bol! He was so happy!

From this lila of Sri Caitanya we can understand that the Supreme Personality of Godhead condemns this Yogavashistha, which has advaita vada in it.

What happened with Vashishtha Muni, the author of Yogavashistha?

He was converted to bhakti by Lord Ramacandra, and he became a servant of the Lord.

Impartial and soft hearted sages who took to advaita vada were saved from the devouring mouth of mayavada and their hearts were purified by the mercy received from the avataras of Bhagavan.

Also in treta yuga in the pastimes of Lord Ramacandra the demon Ravana pretended he stole the consort of Ramacandra, Sita devi.

Ravana was the son of Vishvava Rishi who in turn was the son of Pulastya Rishi.

Vishrava Rishi came to Lanka, and there he married a rakshasi (type of demon woman)

So Ravana was half rishi, half rakshasi, but he had the character of his mother.

Srila Param gurudeva did research and found that Ravana has been accepted in the history of Buddhist parampara as the Lanka avatara, and was glorified for his teaching of shunya vada (the conception that the world is empty) and advaita vada in their books

Lanka avatara sutra and Lalita visthara.

What happened to Ravana ?

He wanted to steal Sita devi, but in the end Hanuman came and gave him a good punch and knocked him flat. Afterwards Lord Ramacandra came and cut off the ten heads of Ravana.

What is the signifacance of this lila?

Sita is the shakti, the sum energy of the Lord.

By Ravana stoling Sita devi should be proved that the Lord has no energy, and He should be nirvishesa (without potency), then this is the philosophy of mayavadis.

But Hanuman came and put Ravana flat on the ground.

Hanuman is the embodiment of the siddhanta of bhakti and Ravana the embodiment of mayavada, so bhakti siddhanta knocks out mayavada.

Further Lord Ramacandra cut off the ten heads of Ravana with His arrows.

The arrows of Lord Rama are called veda-dvani, the sound of the Vedas by which the ten heads of Ravana, which represent the ten principle of nirvana were cut off.

The pastimes of the Lord are full of a many aspects which can easily be understood by common people.

In this way Srila, Bhakti Prajnana Keshava Gosvami Maharaja tries to present in a simple way that the mayavada is demonic, and those who adhere to this philosophy are punished by the Lord because of their offences against the Lord and devotees.

Guest guest

Is it more demonic to be a mayavadi or a muslim, christian, jew, wiccan, sikh, mormon, shinto, etc. ...?

I studied Vasistha's Yoga very intensely for years prior to beginning my practice of Krishna consciousness, and now I consider it very dangerous. It is like concentrated poison against devotional life. It is somewhat threatening just to hear its name. However, what I wonder is why Lord Ramacandra apparently accepted its teachings. I would appreciate any understanding that could be given in this regard.

Hare Krishna

Sri Gouranga sat quitely for seven days before

Sarvabhauma Bhattacharya who was explaining advaita to

Him. This is only to satisfy the purvapaksha that he was

given adequate attention.

Same with another mayavadi ( Prakashananda Saraswati ? ).

However these people were impartial in their heart, so they

at once recognized the Superior Truth.

In present times, mayavada had been obliterated to bits and

pieces by the Madhva Sampradaya (TattvaVada). It is said

of VidyaTeertha that advaitis of his time were afraid of

him, not because he will vanquish them in dvaita-advaita

argument, but because he may show them their deficiencies

of true understanding of advaita itself.

As for limitlesslight:

avyaktam vyaktim apannam

manyante mam abuddhayah

param bhavam ajananto

mamavyayam anuttamam

Sri Shukadeva Gosvami was the son of Sri Krsna-dvaipayana Vedavyasa and Vitika devi, the daughter of Javali Rishi. Shukadeva stayed in his mother's womb for twelve years until, on the request of his father, he relieved his mother's pain and came out as a liberated soul.

Maha Purana Srimad Bhagavatam and Brahma vaivarta Purana have narrated the story of Sri Shukadeva Gosvami's birth in detail.

From birth he was fixed in nirguna Brahman.

However, by the mercy of the Srila Vedavyasa be became a great rasika and bhavuka bhakta.

He narrated Srimad Bhagavatam to Maharaja Parikit, who had been cursed to die after seven days.

Although Sri Shukadeva Gosvami was a brahma jnani, by the mercy of Srila Vedavyasa he realized the trancendetal sweetness of the pastimes of Sri Bhagavan, and he became attracted to follow the path of shuddha (pure) bhakti.

He imparted the teachings of Srimad Bhagavat (the sweet ripe fruit of the vedic knowledge)

to the faithful king Parikit, because he understood that the ultimate benefit for the jivas lies only in HEARING and CHANTING the topics of Srimad Bhagavatam, which are saturated with the sweet and rasika pastimes of Svayam Bhagavan Sri Krishna.

He did not instrucht brahma jnana to Maharaja Parikit, because it is impossible for the jivas to achieve complete auspiciousness through brahma jnana.

Sri Shukadeva said

O saintly king, I was certainly situated perfectly in Transcendence, yet I was still attracted by the delineation of the pastimes of Sri Krishna, who is described be enlightened verses.

Srimad Bhagavatam 2.1.9

Because they are transcendetal.

Sri Shukadeva was absorbed in the impersonl Brahman but by the mercy of Vyasa, he was attracted to Srimad Bhagavatam, and in that way he became attracted to the Supreme Lord.

A person who is absorbed in brahman cannot be attracted or averse to anything,

because he is beyond the modes of material nature, which cause attraction or aversion; than how is it possible that Sri Shukadeva was attracted to the pastimes, names, forms and qualities of Sri Krishna?

It means that nama (name), guna (qualities), rupa (form), lila (pastimes), nitya parikars (eternal associates) of the Lord are beyond the modes of material nature, they are all transcendental.

Krsna says in bhagavad-gita

janma karma ca me divyam evam yo vetti tattvatah

tyaktva deham punar janma naiti mam eti so rjuna

O Arjuna! My birth (janma) and activities (karma) are transcendental (divyam). One who knows (vetti) this in truth (tattvatah), does not take another (punar naiti) birth (janma) after giving up the present body (tyaktva deham). He certainly attains me (mam eti).

Eko deva nitya lila nurakto / bhakti hridy antar atma

From Purusha bhhodini shruti of Piplada- shakha.

Eternally engaged in His lila, the one Lord in His form of Antaryami enters within the hearts of His bhaktas.

Some srutis have described the Lord as nishphala (ineffective), nishkriya (inactive), niranjana (faultless) nirakara (formless) ashabdam (indescribable) avyaya (imperishable) etc.

This is because He is beyond material qualities.

Other srutis as Chandogya Upanishad describes the Lord from another angle of vision,

which seems contradictory, He is called sarva karmah, the performer of all activities, sarva kamah, the possessor of all types of desires, sarva gandhah, the possessor of all fragrances, sarva rasah, the possessor of all transcendental loving mellows.

One should understand the material and the transcendental angle of presentation of the srutis.

What is the meaning ?

That conception that there is no God is demonic.

Why do demons need this conception?

Because they want to be the Controller, and if possible the Supreme Controller.

In their conception the one who controls his environment can undisturbed enjoy .

They want to be the Supreme Enjoyer, so they have to be the supreme Controller.

Ergo the conception that there is no God and everything is coming from the limitless light

is for them a very nice siddhanta.

And more than, that this siddhanta is somehow true.

The ones that are proficient in the scriptures (vadanti tat) and saw the Truth (tattva vidas),

They acknowledged that that Truth (tattvam yaj jnanam) is one (advaiam)

And according to the path and goal that one wants to attain this Truth is realized as

Brahmeti (limitless light coming from the body of the Lord) parama atmeti (the supersoul in the heart) and Bhagavan (The Supreme Personality of Godhead).

All the atheists are demonic in nature: they want to be the controller of the nature and people in general so that they can enjoy unlimited. Which is an utopia, because this is against their true dharma (nature), namely to be transcendental loving servants of the servants of the Lord.

nitya siddha krsna prema sadhya kabu naya

shravanadi suddha citte kara e udoya

Eternaly perfected (nitya siddha) transcendental love (prema)

for the All Attractive (krsna)

is always in the soul as his very nature (sadhya kabu naya).

Beginning with the hearing of the transcendental sound

(from the transcendental source, the sat guru) – shravan- adi,

the mirror of the heart will be purified (suddha citte) and

the true loving nature for the all attractive is awakened (kara e udoya)

One light I shine one flame i consume all formless i abide as bliss attributless i assume all attributes those who see me not are deemed ignorant by the wise.I hope you have not wasted too much of your life on this incomplete truth you call worship.If you cannot abide as the absolute brahman and realize the unity of all beings within one infinite light and abide as conciousness not desiring any finite thing for it is said even the gods die. oh i am spotless tranquil pure conciousness and beyond nature all this time i have been duped by illusion.virtue and vice pleasure and pain are of the mind O all pervading one you are niether doer nor enjoyer Verily you are ever free.If you cannot be happy without the extra additions of meditation and worship arent you denying the krisna conciousness within yourself it is sad you are so confused about the truth and lost in duplicity and ignorance.

OK, next time you have a toothache then don't complain about the pain. You are spotless pure tranquil consciousness so don't let a small toothache disturb you, OK? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Story time!:

A kind gentleman named s__ is walking down the street.

He meets three people, One of them is his teacher, the other is his mother and the other one is his sister.

His teacher says to s__: "Hi, how are you doing my favorite student?!"

His mother says to the teacher: "I am stunned by your ignorance, that person is my son!."

His sister says to the mother and teacher : "I can't believe you two, he is my brother, duh!, I mean don't you see the truth, he is not your son nor your student."

they begin to argue over it.

Poor s__ sees them all argue and he tries to yell!: I AM THE SAME GUY PEOPLE!.

Don't feel bad s__ god feels your pain, because He always gets into these types of situations. HAHAHHAHAH

Moral : the being is one, one says "he is what i say", the other says "NO! he is what is say" and they all argue. it must be hard for the big being who gets into such situations. /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/wink.gif /images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/wink.gif

This reminds me of a story in which several blind men touch-and-feel their way around an elephant.

One blind mans feels the elephant's leg and thinks it is a pillar. Another feels the tail and thinks it is a hanging rope. Yet another feels the belly and thinks that it is a big wall.

Pity that they are blind. A person with sight can see quite clearly that it is an elephant. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

"A person who claims, 'I am the Supreme Brahman, who now enjoys pastimes of sense gratification in the worlds of repeated birth and death,' loses the merit of his spiritual deeds and becomes like an outcaste."

-the Puranas

"The half-wake fool that proclaims, 'Everything is Brahman,' takes birth again in a terrible hell."

-Vasista-sastra

"A person who claims, 'I am the Supreme Brahman, who now enjoys pastimes of sense gratification,' burns in hell for billions of kalpas."

-Brahma-vaivarta Purana

Guest guest

You make it sound like people who say everything is brahman burn in hell and should be burnt in hell.

well, I think krishna is an abode of compassion, Hari is the one who dwells in the milk of compassion of the heart. Such a being is sure to rescue any one from the craziness that you say.

How can he not save people? when he is alone the only supreme entity. I for one think that he does, so what ever they say in those puranas about getting people doomed are just "things to scare us with " and they are very mean!!!!.

Guest guest

Enlightened is the one who has posted the above message! > /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I for one think that he does, so what ever they say in those puranas about getting people doomed are just "things to scare us with"...

Scare us from what enlightened?

I am speculating because i have no vedic evidence to prove it but lets use common sense.

We are all afraid of failure and for the people who are very spiritually inclined, failure tends to be not going to your destination or not getting to see your God one more time.

Most of the people who say they are intellectuals like limitless light demote people saying "You are deemed ignorant by the wise and worship is not your answer, don't you know.... blah blah blah".

Note: *blahs are there cuz i don't understand a thing when they start talking in those high vocabulary containing run on sentences*.:)

So, i don't think people who get offensive like that are enlightened. I think the people who wrote those puranas don't like them either for that reason. To avoid people from becoming into those beings, they scared them by saying you go into hell etc if you believe in maya vadi stuff.

well what is a maya vadi in my opinion : either a knower of the truth OR A hypocrite. Any one these two things and they are very different.

Note: I dont have any problem with people calling everything is brahman, some are very intelligent and courteous and those are the enlightened ones. The other ones are meer imposters and there are alot of those people.

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

but don't mind me, i am just a simple minded person /images/graemlins/tongue.gif /images/graemlins/tongue.gif