IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Vaishnava_das108

Sri Guru appears in dreams?

Rate this topic

I wonder if there are any very nice quotes from Srila Prabhupada about how dreams in which Sri Guru appears can be bona fide?

Also, this thread could be contributed to by devotees who would like to share their dreams or other experiences.

By the way, I had a very lovely dream last night. There was some major sing-song event at Bhaktivedanta Manor. If anyone has been there, then they will know that we have three sets of deities, Sri Sri Radha-Gokulananda, Sri Sri Sita-Rama Lakshmana Hanuman, and small deities of Sri Sri Gaura-Nitai in the middle, with a Srila Prabhupada murti in the back.

Well in the dream I arrived late for the 'jamming' as usual, and I entered to find the whole temple room buzzing with singing and dancing. Strangely, the Deity curtains were open and the Deities were displayed and were witnessing the dancing of the devotees. What i found very disturbing was that there were devotees dancing ON THE ALTAR, and that they had probably moved the murti of Sri Rama a little forward and was twisting His hips about in time to the mrdanga beat. I was feeling a little upset about this "sahajiya" (BEYOND shajiya!) attitude as we all know that it is written in NOD that non-brahmins cannot touch the Deity. But then I noticed that the devotees got off the altar and rejoined the crowd, but Rama wwas still dancing, and with His own moves now! And then He went back to stand in His normal position and told Lakshmana to go forward and join the dancing of the devotees in the temple room.

Then I noticed that a large amount of devotees had congregated around the murti of Srila Prabhupada so tightly that I could not even see the murti. I went a little closer to see what the fuss was, and all of a sudden I saw that SRILA PRABHUPADA had risen off his vyasasana and was dancing with all of us devotees in the temple room and singing along to the kirtan. He was holding a little child's hand in his own. I was delirious with excitement and was about to faint because I was so excited.

For some reason, I tend to get more excited whenever Srila Prabhupada appears in my dreams than anyone else.

Hari Bol! What a nice dream. I never met Srila Prabhupada in this world. I was born Almost exactly a year after he left this planet but, I had a great dream of him when I was about 6 and in gurukula.

I dreamt that Prabhupada came for a visit to our gurukula (Lake Huntington). During morning prasadam he sat with all the devotees laughing and enjoying prasadam. When we were almost done, Murli Vadaka prabhu (gurukula headmaster) told Srila Prabhupada to "close your eyes and open your mouth." He did so and, Murli Vadaka popped a sweet ball into his mouth. Srila Prabhupada ate the sweet and gave me a wink and said, "Simply wonderful!" Srila Prabhupada and all of the devotees started to laugh! I'll never forget that dream! Narayani d.d.

Wow that was a very nice dream too!

It is so amazing how charming Srila Prabhupada is. I have read some quotes in which he said that dreams with the spiritual master in them are bona fide, but I do not have a reference for this.

And isn't it interesting that you had this dream when you were 6 years old and your name is Narayani? The real Narayani devi (mother of Srila Vrindavan das Thakur) was 6 years old when she first saw Lord Caitanya and ate the remnants of His meals! What a coincidence! /images/graemlins/smile.gif