IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
theist

veggie school lunches

Rate this topic

US Vegetarian School Lunches

BY VEGGIESCHOOLLUNCHES.COM

USA, Mar 3 (VNN) — Letters of support are needed for a vegetarian school lunch bill recently introduced in California.

Assemblyman Joe Nation of Marin County, California, has introduced Assembly Concurrent Resolution 16 calling for schools to offer a daily plant-based vegetarian option on the daily lunch menu.

If you represent a recognized institution, religious community, or are an individual committed to children's health and/or vegetarian issues, please consider writing a letter of support.

Send letters to your California state legislators and to the Resolution's author:

Assemblyman Joe Nation

State Capitol

Sacramento, CA 95814

or fax to 916-319-2106

On March 5 at 1:30, California State Capitol, Sacramento, a meeting is scheduled of the education committee hearing on ACR 16. For more information and to review the resolution in it's entirety see "source" above and click on "State Resolution."

Source: http://www.veggieschoollunches.com

Essen in Deutsch = verb infinitive "to eat"

These cowkillers & pigpokers must be given better engagement to purify human diet & stop their slide down to lower species.

Y not become organic gardeners? Can't squeeze blood from a turnip?

Is that your/their only excuse?

Yeah Tarun its a good start. Rather it gets down this time or not the fact that it is being considered seriously is a good sign. We just need sustained effort.

Of course it says nothing for the slaughtering of the children through the so-called educational process itself.

So many targets-so little time. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

I have noticed that a lot of children attempt to become vegetarians but because of lack of support or knowledge fall back into meat eating.

If this goes through it would help those children learn proper nutrition etc.

I bet they would love chikus!!

Guest guest

whats chikus? im 14 and a lacto ovo. u? neways im going to start a movement to get more veggie lunches in my school, then other schools. what do ya think?

I think it is a fabulous idea. I know there are similar efforts currently underway although i lost a direction in which I could point you. Found on the web. I just noticed i had posted a couple in my post at the top of the page. Good to connect with others who can help you.

chikus are these small browns fruits found in India which many, myself included, find incredible. Especially important is to let them get really ripe.In the US only atma in LA can get them.

If someone could grow them here they would be a billionaire.

From next year fruit from India will come here, think Alphonso mangos, chikus....Government aproved

This summer I didn't see any chikus in any form, not even in can! We got Kwality ice-cream in different flavours like Alphonso, Lychees,Date and Raisins, etc, but no chikus /images/graemlins/frown.gif

I don't know if I have ever had an Alphonso mango. I know in Hawaii they have transplanted Puri mangos from India which are great. They look like common mangos except for a defined tip,but they sure are good. I look for Alphonso's next season.

Actually, those are Pirie mangoes. Starting in 1970, we had more mangoes than we could eat at the Honolulu temple. The favorite mango among those we collected was the Pirie because it has supeb flavor and is not stringy at all. We liked the Pirie so well that we nicknamed it the "Puri," and apparently it has stuck among the devotees. I don't know the origin of the Pirie.

The only kind of mangoes I can get here are Mexican Mangoes and I do not like them at all - they have too much of a turpentine like flavor and smell - too strong.

I look forward to next season - perhaps the nice mangoes etc will come here. If not, maybe someone will send me a care package...hint...hint...

I do want to try to grow my own here. I am trying bitter melon this here but so far no fruit - I am not sure how long bitter melon takes. Does anyone know?

Guest guest

Try Kent mangoes, they are really sweet. I'm getting cases of 10 for $3. I have to go for breakfast of mangoes, strawberries and vegan cookies /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Atma

10 for $3 bucks? Wow. atma you seem to have the best fruit karma. I'll look for Kent, never tried them.

Mexican mangos taste bad? No surprise they have practically no standards as to the amount of _rap they can spray them with etc. just to get them ready for the gringo market. Do you have a greenhouse LE or outside? like mexican papayas gigantic but they don't taste as good as hawaiian ones. Do we grow them here in California? they grow so easy.

Piries not Puris? Ah, next you are going to tell my there is no Sanata Claus Babhru. They are good though.

yet, but that is one of my future projects.

The Mexican mangoes that I can get here are horrid! I look forward to some nice sweet mangoes so much!

Funny story, I am growing some accidental watermelons! A lady who lived nearby moved and gave me two half barrel planters that she had been using to make compost in. I put some bulbs in them and started watering and these plants popped up - I had no clue what they were but they got tons of little flowers - I thought they were squash or something until the other day when I discovered four or five watermelons of about 5" in diameter! The plants are growning out of the barrels now and along the ground.

I figure she must have thrown some watermelon parts into her compost mixture.

Far out. Its amazing isn't it. A watermellon from a seed, some sun water and soil and we geta plant for food and a thousand more seeds.

I have heard of people growing potatos in their garages in large garbage containers. Supposed to be easy.

Its called connections and sweet talking. I deal directly with the distributors. The same mangoes sell for $5.99 to $6.99 a case. In the farmers market I buy in block for my bosses and co-workers the strawberries and oranges, get a good deal and the vendors are happy you go back to them. We don't even talk price anymore.

The Kent we get here come from Mexico and are quite good.