IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
kailasa

Kalki avatara

Rate this topic

That was an interesting link. I know little of Sai Baba. Reading the commentary a question came to mind. Do you think if there was a later incarnation of Vishnu, would Srila Prabhupada have accept him or her or is the attachment to the Krishna incarnation too great? Or perhaps he does not view Krishan as an incarnation of Vishnu-I don't know I am asking. Surely there are some variables.

What would his thoughts be on a later incarnation such as Buddha?

I realize that all is speculation and will never know perhaps, but was wondering if there were any thoughts?

Do you think if there was a later incarnation of Vishnu, would Srila Prabhupada have accept him or her or is the attachment to the Krishna incarnation too great? Or perhaps he does not view Krishan as an incarnation of Vishnu-I don't know I am asking. Surely there are some variables.

Though I cannot claim to speak on behalf of Srila Prabhupada, I can give my own opinion and say that there should be no problem accepting a future incarnation of Vishnu/Krishna, so long as there are clear indications of prophecy in the shastras.

The trouble with Sai Baba is that his followers have either spliced, invented or twisted some vague prophecies in SB's favour to make it look like he is an avatar, so this prophecy business has also turned dangerous.

I have a collection of these "prophecies" on my old site, created when I was a devotee of his:

http://geocities.com/dark_knight_9/prophecies.html

Needless to say, all these prophecies are either erroneous or twisted. I have yet to make a full refutation of these prophecies, but I can forward you to some other online refutations if you like.

Speaking of which, a friend recently told me that there is supposed to be a prophecy of Chaitanya Mahaprabhu's return somewhere in the Caitanya Bhagavata, though he could offer no verse to back up this claim. He is presently in India, I shall ask him again when he gets back. But just think! Mahaprabhu again, is it possible?

What would his thoughts be on a later incarnation such as Buddha?

As far as I know, Srimad Bhagavatam contains two prophecies of Buddha; one reveals the advent of Buddha that took place around 2500 years ago, while the other in Canto 2 states that a future incarnation of Buddha is expected when everyone has their own "airplane," or something of that like.

Srila Prabhupada's view of this second prophecy is that it may be describing an incarnation of Buddha that took place in another kalpa. For this particular kalpa, Buddha was born 2500 years ago or so.

This leads to an interesting dynamic. Elsewhere on this board people have said they are followers of Rama rather than Krishna yet are the incarnations seen as the same being or separate entities? It seems some Buddhists get amazingly upset if someone refers to Gautama Buddha as an avatar of Vishnu. Yet clearly the mission of Gautama Buddha appears to be quite similar as that of the Kalki Avatar-to attempt to liberate the masses from suffering. From the stories of Buddha it very much seems that he was sucessful in giving enlightenment to some.

It does not seem like Sai Baba is the predicted Kalki Avatar as he does not seem to be liberating mankind from suffering or closing Kaliyuga-both aspects of the divine mission of the Kalki Avatar. Has he given enlioghtenemnet to any of his devotees? Has Sai Baba changed the truth or the consciousness of man on any level? I do not know, I am asking.

Pretend for a minute the Kalki avatar would undeniably appear-would the devotees of Krishna and Rama worship them as their Beloved or would they stick to worshipping a past incarnation? If Christ was to come another time would his followers embrace him or stick to the image of the one on the cross? What about Matraiya? Could Buddhists accept him?

Could man accept a living God or do we prefer them to be incarnationally challenged?

Recently I have begun to worship Kalki as strange as it sounds as how can it be any different worshipping one from the past than one from the future. Curiously my prayers have been answered. On some level I suppose it is easier to relate that way maybe easier so for a female-kind of like being pregnant I suppose-you have great capacity to love the unborn. Even as a small girl you dream of the children you will have someday and you love them as you do your ancestors.

Sometimes it reminds me of the line from Field of Dreams "Build it an they will come." There is a Kalki Temple in Jaipur built in the 1700's that has yet to be opened. It is interesting to me to think about. What if? Sometimes I wonder if they would open the doors surely he would come all matter begins as thought some would say-time is what stands between.

Guest guest

Don't you find it strange that when someone speaks the truth, his character is critiscised and his words scrutinised.Just look at what happened to Christ when he spoke the truth.Sai Baba does has not asked anyone to worshhip him.It is sad that there are those that seek to defile him.Your efforts to do so does not phase me though, since nobody can stop this Avataar from fulfilling his Divine mission.

In Light and love...Jai Sai Ram.

If he were god he would be mentioned as an avatar in the vedas. You havent read the vedas therefore you believe whatever some so called god says. Read the bhagavatam where it describes when and where krsna will come.

Hare Krsna

Guest guest

"Sai Baba does has not asked anyone to worshhip him"

but he's very glad when they worship.....

Guest guest

In the Gita it is stated that whenever untruth takes presidence over truth and evil runs rampant, Krishna will incarnate on Earth.If God could come down for just one devotee,Prahlad, as the Narasimha, how can we limit God to what we have in our scriptures.You seem so fond of scripture, then look at the chapter on the yaga of wisdom in the Gita and you will find Krishna saying that true wisdom cannot be attained from books.

Guest guest

When Krishna comes again, you will be blinded by your own stupidity and EGO, and not have the eyes to see him!!!

Guest guest

You obviously have no argument, so I won't even try to defend myself..I need not defend my father against the likes of you.

Guest guest

All ye of little faith..Blinded from the truth..When God stands before you, you defame him.Only a true devotee of Krishna would have the eyes to see him when he comes in another form...As he has come now, in the form of SAI BABA. But like Ravana, who cursed Vishnu, it phased him not because was all he thought of and died at the hands of him too...Kamsa too had cursed, only to die at the hands of Krishna.Our beloved Sai has come only bearing the torch of love.WHEN WILL YOU FOOLS AWAKE!...and realise the divinity in him!

in reply to

All ye of little faith..Blinded from the truth..When God stands before you, you defame him.Only a true devotee of Krishna would have the eyes to see him when he comes in another form...As he has come now, in the form of SAI BABA. But like Ravana, who cursed Vishnu, it phased him not because was all he thought of and died at the hands of him too...Kamsa too had cursed, only to die at the hands of Krishna.Our beloved Sai has come only bearing the torch of love.WHEN WILL YOU FOOLS AWAKE!...and realise the divinity in him!

Hahahahah, that is sooo freaking comical.

This person obviously hasnt the the srimad bagavatam where it states when, where, who krsna will come as. The bagavatam doesnt mention Sai afro baba at all.

Get some evidence behind your statements.

Funny how Ravan cursed vishnu but ended up dead at the Hands of the same visnu in the form of Ram.

Only a true devotee of krsna.....?????????????? A true devotee of krsna knows who krsna is and can recognize those who are cheaters(sai afro baba) and obviously in this case the cheated.

We go by guru shastra and sadhu, not some magical trick someone does.

Hare Krsna

Haridham

Guest guest

You are a sad, sad man.I pray that Baba may have mercy on your soul.Be weary though..God may come as a beggar to your door to test you..Ask yourself? How many times have you been granted a vision of that Krishna that you, so boldly speak of?

You would not know that sugar is sweet unless you tasted it first...similarly, you cannot speak of God until you have first experienced him! God cannot be found in your precious scripture.You have to live and breath it and become real with him.

Why do you think great saints and sages sit in the himalayas up to this day?

You know nothing of true sadhana!

Jai Krsna..Sai Ram.

Guest guest

"You obviously have no argument, so I won't even try to defend myself..I need not defend my father against the likes of you. "

no dear friend... you are saying strange and unique things (that a man is god), so you have to give demostrations and i have not to accept you by blind faith

Guest guest

Okay then Mr Guest...then why does your Sai Baba have security guards if he is Krishna, Why does he put on Make up?????? Why does he wear a black wig if he cannot control his aging????? Could you please ask him to lift the Govardhana giri!!! I think he cannot hold a dictionary for few hours, why speak of lifting Govardhana giri.

Guess what, one of my friends told me that their relative was very sick with some heart trouble, since they didnt have enough money , they wanted to get treated in Sai baba hi tech hospital in Bangalore since its free. They were informed that they need an appointment to get admitted and were given appointment for next year. By the time the date of admission came, the poor guy died. You say that the hospital was built for the poor then why are people not admitted to ur baba hospital immediately instead of giving appointments.

Yeah When I went to see Sai baba, he had like 50 body guards. WHy does God need body guards. Oh yes I would like to see him lift goverdhan hill. How about showing the universal form? I mean I see the universal ugly afro form but not the original universal form.

How can you even think Sai afro child molester baba is god.

He sleeps with men, women and children.

I know many Sai Baba worshipers who after reading from Prabhupads Gita and bagavatam left his association.

How can you say Krsna is not in the scriptures, why do you limit god to your own imperfect senses. I mean you are being cheated but krsna has shown you mercy by coming on this form and hearing about Prabhupad and krsna. YOu should accept that.

But if you want to be cheated krsna will send you to a cheater.

Sure Sai baba is absolute.....an absolute cheater.

Wake up. Jiv Jago

Chant Hare krsna

Guest guest

I support you fully in your moral responsbility of bringing the stupid saibaba's dirty leelas into light. You are not doing any vaishnava aparadha. You are actually doing service to Krishna. These kind of people who use religion and use people's emotions for their pleasure should be brought to light. Many people are quite of that bogus baba calling himself as avathara of Krishna spoiling the name of Krishna. Thats why its that Krishna who is now awakening people and exposing that baba of puttaparthi. ONe of our family friends friend was also molested by that fellow few years back who was very scared to expose him as he was threatened. I am sure the prayers of all these people are now getting answered.

Guest guest

Namaste to you all,

I would like to say that I was a follower of SSB for some time, but after getting enlightened from Guru, Shastra and Sadhu I left the Sai organisation. After some talks to my parents, who were sentimentally inclined to SSB also left.

The point I want to make is say if someone comes to your life and changes it, say if that person changes your perception, How do we know that person has good motives? be he a great teacher, a scholar, it dont matter, no matter how much that person impacts your life, he may have ulterior motives. Another point I want to make is more important, How do we know we are following blindly or following genuinely, where do we draw the line? We can say that SSB said this, done that, and i felt this, but this could be sentimentalism, and then to say "I have never felt like this before" doesnt mean you are in samadhi or you have seen the path. The fact is we dont know what experiencing God really is.

So why do we go by Guru, Sadhu and Shastra. Simple, its because thats where we first got the idea of the existence of the supreme being. If it weren't for the scriptures, we wouldn't know about Lord Krishna etc. So that's why we go by our "precious" scriptures. When we do go by our scriptures, we should understand that if we go by it, then we go by it fully. All the incarnations are mentioned in the scriptures and SSB is not one of them, thats a FACT!, SSB's parents are not mentioned, his place of birth not mentioned, his pedophile activities are not mentioned. So either the scripture is wrong or right, of course it cant be in-between (some bits are right and others are not), because in the scriptures in itself it says its complete, so that would be a inaccurate statement putting it in the wrong. Scriptures does not mention any incarnation of the name SSB fullstop. You would know that if you read scriptures from authority, when we say authority, we mean you should approach sampradaya, just as Krishna, Rama and all other incarnations did by example.

The scripture also mentions that normal people like you and me can have a thing called siddhis, one siddhi is called praptha siddhi which means the ability to manifest something in the hand. In total, there are 8 principle siddhis or mystic powers. In india many people have them, some are classed God by uneducated people and some as yogis. Note, not only Godly ppl can have these siddhis, some after seeing what they can do become power hungry, ego trip.

Example, If David Blaine learnt the Gita and recited it, dressed up in a baba suit and concurrently done some hocus pocus, would the innocent young masses take him as god, unfortunately most would, because they dont know scripture.

We shouldnt trivialise scriptures, because in essence, thats were we got the idea of Dharma, Karma, reincarnation etc.

The scriptures also talk about the masses of Kali-yuga as being less intelligent, which is concievable. Now why would the all-knowing supreme being not mention His Avatar in such a age of misunderstandings and hyprocisy. Now what that directly implies is that if God did descend as SSB that would mean God is not very intelligent.

Whats the point of scripture if it leaves out something important like SSB. God might aswell not have given us anything, but he did, he gave us the scriptures which shows us the way back to him. So please do not trivialise the scriptures. If it wasnt for Scriptures your so-called god couldnt base his work on anything, hence he wouldn't know what to say.

Another point I want to make and I hope I am keeping you entertained. When God does come down, He destroys irreligion as promised in the Gita. Now if Sai Baba is God, why is he not destroying irreligion? by the looks of it, irreligion is growing day by day and facts and reports show that he is also contributing to this.

Sai baba admits he is a pedophile but he also claims that his activities are beyond good or bad so hence justifying his actions. Then why do you call him Satya, Satya means truth, righteousness, Dharma, then why are his activities Adharmic? Your logo also says Truth? wot truth define truth, draw the line between good and bad. He says that he is Krishna and his sai students are the Gopis, I dont think the Gopis would have come down as men then. Unprecedented is this so called lila, Krishna or any of his incarnations never been of a homosexual nature nor of pedophiliac. A boy sexually enjoying with a boy is unnatural, God knows this. A kid and a Man, lets not go there.

Instead you have a pseudo god justifying his actions. makes me sick. I cant believe how dumb you followers are, worst of all, I cant believe how dumb I was.

In summary, I have only mentioned scripture here, because i am dealing with blind sentimental followers so I didnt stress the other two factors Guru and Sadhu. If you cannot believe Scripture then believe one thing ur logic. I am going basic here, step outside, time out and think of the activities of Sai Baba? Is he doing Godly activities? Is he making an impact on the world which every incarnation in the past has done, remember Krishna never grew beyond 16 years old in terms of appearance (nava-yauvanam). Your God is aging, ok ok you got me there looks can decieve but can the activities of your so-called God?

If you cant see beyond ur limited vision then see through the eyes of scripture, remember we are imperfect and we too can make mistakes.

The only truth is the word of God!

your servant, Jitz

Guest guest

Are you the person who supported in the same thread for sai baba and now realised that he is not sai Krishna, but cheating in the name of Krishna. If so or even if not so, I am glad atleast you open up your eyes now. This sai's comparison of calling him as Krishna and his students as gopis and hence he is having sex is utter nonsense. Krishna never had sex with the gopis. He created an illusion for the gopikas who loved him and not having sex with them and using them like this sai baba or the fowl krishna. This is something difficult to understand unless one has proper understanding of Krishna. God is beyond sex and thats why He is called Aanadhi Brahmachaari.

I wishh Krishna gives everyone the Divine special eye to see people how they pay for their papa karma in their next birth on this same birth through the sufferings, so that one will know what will happen to people who use others in the name of Krishna and it will be useful to preach the society.

Guest guest

<<< Only a true devotee of Krishna would have the eyes to see him when he comes in another form...As he has come now, in the form of SAI BABA. >>>

Sai Baba ... the man who produces a form of Lord Siva (Siva linga) from his mouth, as part of his magical displays?

Yeah right! ... talk to Sai Baba about 'Sanctity'!

Regards,

Guest guest

<<< i still disagree. Whether he is a paedophile or not, it is not for you to expose him thus - leave that to Krsna. Unless Krsna Himself told you to do so? >>>

wow, thank you, I just got an idea ... I'm gonna pick a dagger up and run around stabbing people. When the police come to punish me, I'm gonna say "it is not for you to punish me - leave that to Krsna"!

Regards,

Guest guest

Hare Krsna,

PAMHO

Nope, I am not the one who spoke to support Sai Baba in the current thread, this letter actually happens to be my second reply. I am a practising devotee of the Hare Krsna Movement for about 7 years now, I was born into a Sai Baba worshipping family. I am glad that not only did my eyes open up to the truth but also my family and thousands of people out there. Some learnt it the easy way and some learnt it the hard way.

It's so easy to be called god in this age, be it by a million people who dont know scripture calling me that, all i need to do is learn some hocus pocus and memorise the Bhagavad Gita, I say memorise coz If i really did understand the Gita then I wouldnt be posing as God.

I have also notice the trends of arguments, all of the the Sai Baba followers have weak arguments which reflects their intelligence. Arguments such as "a only a true devotee of Krsna will realise Sai as God" is as valid as to say that George Bush is God, why? because they are just opinions, be they sentimental or whatever it does not matter. Obviously we admit that opinions especially coming from us lot can also be imperfect thats why we dont express our own opinions but express the opinions from the perfect source, now when we say perfect source we mean it becomes a FACT, so you sai followers will hear us qoute scripture all the time not our imperfect opinions like you lot. A true devotee of Krsna does not worship anyone but Krsna. Krsna Himself says "Sarva dharma parityajya, mam EKAM saranam vraja. For those of you who dont know scripture or sanskrit, ekam means one, worship Krsna alone.

Hare Krsna,

Jitz

........ When we do go by our scriptures, we should understand that if we go by it, then we go by it fully. All the incarnations are mentioned in the scriptures and SSB is not one of them, thats a FACT!, SSB's parents are not mentioned, his place of birth not mentioned, his pedophile activities are not mentioned........

You forgot to mention the fact that his afro isnt mentioned either. I mean if all those other things are not mentioned but if his afro was metioned then surely I would have considered it....NOT!!!!!!!!!!!

Beware of the AFRO!!!!

lol

Guest guest

yep, thats funny. But the whole episode of Sai Baba is funny, I find it quite entertaining, and when i want to waste my time i do find some entertainment!

lol

Guest guest

God is beyond language barriers and religous customs. In the present day, its difficult for everyone to learn sanskrit in detail to the extent they can understand the scriptures by themselves. thats why some of us go to guru. Even still, without knowing language we may have difficulties as we just listen only to guru. To over come all this difficulty, the Krishna Manthra.

Just by saying His name, is more than sufficient whether one can read scriptures or not.

The name Krishna is so powerful, Krishna is the Supreme Manthra to reach the eternal abode.

MS