IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
dasa

Atomic Warfare In Ancient India

Rate this topic

ANCIENT CITY FOUND,

IRRADIATED FROM ATOMIC BLAST

Radiation still so intense, the area is highly dangerous

A heavy layer of radioactive ash in Rajasthan, India, covers a three-square mile area, ten miles west of Jodhpur. Scientists are investigating the site, where a housing development was being built.

For some time it has been established that there is a very high rate of birth defects and cancer in the area under construction. The levels of radiation there have registered so high on investigators' gauges that the Indian government has now cordoned off the region. Scientists have unearthed an ancient city where evidence shows an atomic blast dating back thousands of years, from 8,000 to 12,000 years, destroyed most of the buildings and probably a half-million people. One researcher estimates that the nuclear bomb used was about the size of the ones dropped on Japan in 1945.

The Mahabharata clearly describes a catastrophic blast that rocked the continent. "A single projectile charged with all the power in the Universe...An incandescent column of smoke and flame as bright as 10,000 suns, rose in all its splendor...it was an unknown weapon, an iron thunderbolt, a gigantic messenger of death which reduced to ashes an entire race.

"The corpses were so burned as to be unrecognizable. Their hair and nails fell out, pottery broke without any apparent cause, and the birds turned white.

"After a few hours, all foodstuffs were infected. To escape from this fire, the soldiers threw themselves into the river."

A HISTORIAN COMMENTS

Historian Kisari Mohan Ganguli says that Indian sacred writings are full of such descriptions, which sound like an atomic blast as experienced in Hiroshima and Nagasaki. He says references mention fighting sky chariots and final weapons. An ancient battle is described in the Drona Parva, a section of the Mahabharata. "The passage tells of combat where explosions of final weapons decimate entire armies, causing crowds of warriors with steeds and elephants and weapons to be carried away as if they were dry leaves of trees," says Ganguli.

"Instead of mushroom clouds, the writer describes a perpendicular explosion with its billowing smoke clouds as consecutive openings of giant parasols. There are comments about the contamination of food and people's hair falling out."

ARCHEOLOGICAL INVESTIGATION PROVIDES INFORMATION

Archeologist Francis Taylor says that etchings in some nearby temples he has managed to translate suggest that they prayed to be spared from the great light that was coming to lay ruin to the city. "It's so mid-boggling to imagine that some civilization had nuclear technology before we did. The radioactive ash adds credibility to the ancient Indian records that describe atomic warfare."

Construction has halted while the five member team conducts the investigation. The foreman of the project is Lee Hundley, who pioneered the investigation after the high level of radiation was discovered.

There is evidence that the Rama empire (now India) was devastated by nuclear war. The Indus valley is now the Thar desert, and the site of the radioactive ash found west of Jodhpur is around there.

Consider these verses from the ancient (6500 BC at the latest) Mahabharata:

...a single projectile

Charged with all the power of the Universe.

An incandescent column of smoke and flame

As bright as the thousand suns

Rose in all its splendour...

a perpendicular explosion

with its billowing smoke clouds...

...the cloud of smoke

rising after its first explosion

formed into expanding round circles

like the opening of giant parasols...

..it was an unknown weapon,

An iron thunderbolt,

A gigantic messenger of death,

Which reduced to ashes

The entire race of the Vrishnis and the Andhakas.

...The corpses were so burned

As to be unrecognisable.

The hair and nails fell out;

Pottery broke without apparent cause,

And the birds turned white.

After a few hours

All foodstuffs were infected...

...to escape from this fire

The soldiers threw themselves in streams

To wash themselves and their equipment.

Until the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, modern mankind could not imagine any weapon as horrible and devastating as those described in the ancient Indian texts. Yet they very accurately described the effects of an atomic explosion. Radioactive poisoning will make hair and nails fall out. Immersing oneself in water gives some respite, though it is not a cure.

When excavations of Harappa and Mohenjo-Daro reached the street level, they discovered skeletons scattered about the cities, many holding hands and sprawling in the streets as if some instant, horrible doom had taken place. People were just lying, unburied, in the streets of the city. And these skeletons are thousands of years old, even by traditional archaeological standards. What could cause such a thing? Why did the bodies not decay or get eaten by wild animals? Furthermore, there is no apparent cause of a physically violent death.

These skeletons are among the most radioactive ever found, on par with those at Hiroshima and Nagasaki. At one site, Soviet scholars found a skeleton which had a radioactive level 50 times greater than normal. Other cities have been found in northern India that show indications of explosions of great magnitude. One such city, found between the Ganges and the mountains of Rajmahal, seems to have been subjected to intense heat. Huge masses of walls and foundations of the ancient city are fused together, literally vitrified! And since there is no indication of a volcanic eruption at Mohenjo-Daro or at the other cities, the intense heat to melt clay vessels can only be explained by an atomic blast or some other unknown weapon. The cities were wiped out entirely.

While the skeletons have been carbon-dated to 2500 BC, we must keep in mind that carbon-dating involves measuring the amount of radiation left. When atomic explosions are involved, that makes then seem much younger.

Interestingly, Manhattan Project chief scientist Dr J. Robert Oppenheimer was known to be familiar with ancient Sanskrit literature. In an interview conducted after he watched the first atomic test, he quoted from the Bhagavad Gita: "'Now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.' I suppose we all felt that way." When asked in an interview at Rochester University seven years after the Alamogordo nuclear test whether that was the first atomic bomb ever to be detonated, his reply was, "Well, yes, in modern history."

Ancient cities whose brick and stonewalls have literally been vitrified, that is, fused together, can be found in India, Ireland, Scotland, France, Turkey and other places. There is no logical explanation for the vitrification of stone forts and cities, except from an atomic blast.

Another curious sign of an ancient nuclear war in India is a giant crater near Bombay. The nearly circular 2,154-metre-diameter Lonar crater, located 400 kilometres northeast of Bombay and aged at less than 50,000 years old, could be related to nuclear warfare of antiquity. No trace of any meteoric material, etc., has been found at the site or in the vicinity, and this is the world's only known "impact" crater in basalt. Indications of great shock (from a pressure exceeding 600,000 atmospheres) and intense, abrupt heat (indicated by basalt glass spherules) can be ascertained from the site.

Guest guest

This is seriously the most intersting thing I have read, yet at the same time the most unbelievable thing. I had read that in anitiquity, people knew that to split an atom would release a great amount of power but the facts you point out are fantastic. I found this site as I am writing an essay on atomic weapons and searched for "I have become the destroyer of worlds" and was looking at various Indian teachings. Seriously, this is marvelous.

Guest guest

This is a very interesting article. Main stream science doesn't inform people of such Ancient wonders thank you,

If they had nukes what else did they have? It's mind boggling. I have always believed the Ramayana to be a historical document not a poem These radioactive skeletons

only help make my case I enjoyed this article thouroughly

Guest guest

very interesting and intriguing. however, the fact that you failed to mention any world class body like nat geographic, ASI etc taking keen interest in this, makes me skeptic of your article. c'mon, if it sounds so convincing to the lay people like me, it surely must have lead to documentaries, reports, expeditions or excavations spearheaded by bodies like nat geo. why is there no such report. maybe you should tell discovery channel about it. or maybe you made up this report. it did not even feature in times of india. so dude get some facts before making tall claims

Guest guest

who is this archeologist Francis Taylor ? what archeology body is he associated with ? where is the source of this news ? u are my source but who is yours ? who was building the housing development that is halted? who's investigating this site .. what organisation ? what are the expertise or accomplishments (in other words credibility) of that org. ? who is Mr Oppenheimer ? what is the manhattan project? what authority does mr Oppenheimer have when it comes to matters related to ancient indian scriptures or sanskrit language ? did he earn a degree, or write a book, make a documentary ? what credibility do his utterings lend to the supposition ancient of atomic india ?

dude, if you can not satisfactorily answer above questions then please dont waste your energy trying to impose your misguided enthusiasm (that stinks of callowness) on others. if you can answer th above questions then it is good report

Guest guest

The technology needed to make a nuclear wepon is impossible at the time. Quite frankly the only way this is possible is that if someone had a time machine or aliens somehow blew a creater in the earth for some reason.

Guest guest

The scenario represents more of a Meteor hit rather than an Atomic Explosion.

It sounds so real but why can I see this matter & a replica of this..... & how much of this is true.... sounds more like after-effects of Nuclear tests carried out on Indo-Pak border.

To verify this matter we need further research n facts ...

R u misleading others?

Guest guest

In some parts of the world there are actually 'natural nuclear reactors' (This phrase is google searchable for scientific reports). What would happen if one of these sites were hit by an asteroid, or compressed by an earthquake shockwave?

Guest guest

first of all you can not say a word or judge because you dont know nothing from other informativ areas about things that dont comply with the scientific theory of our histories world or what ever. were any of you informed of the dropa tribe existance ? were any of you informed of the peruanian nazka lines ?! or the 40000+ stone plates ingraved with very interesting pics ?! are you ! ORDINARY people. you are kept is such a secrete from anything, thats trying to debunk somthing that ascaped to the ordinary people is mere stupidity, and hes not the source. it's well known fact. the only reason you hearing this here and not in scientific journal is because it's still kept officialy in secrete, you monkey boy. but dont forget about desinformation, bad for you you are not klowledable aough to know when you are been fed with desinformation, because your areas of interest are narow hence your common knowladge ! you dont know about how many "conspirecies" are true, and what the govermnemts are capble of, this is not plain paleontology, it's much more, but you are probably an arigant basterd like all humans lived befor us, and died like aregant basterds. you dont learn from the past. superfishel plain NORMAL REGULAR human chickenhead ! you gona die like the rest of the bilions, this world is not pland to hold.

Dr. hia!! Is that you ?? lol!

The technology needed to make a nuclear wepon is impossible at the time. Quite frankly the only way this is possible is that if someone had a time machine or aliens somehow blew a creater in the earth for some reason.

Guest guest

"The Mahabharata clearly describes a catastrophic blast that rocked the continent. "A single projectile charged with all the power in the Universe...An incandescent column of smoke and flame as bright as 10,000 suns, rose in all its splendor...it was an unknown weapon, an iron thunderbolt, a gigantic messenger of death which reduced to ashes an entire race.

"The corpses were so burned as to be unrecognizable. Their hair and nails fell out, pottery broke without any apparent cause, and the birds turned white.

"After a few hours, all foodstuffs were infected. To escape from this fire, the soldiers threw themselves into the river.

Actually, I tried to look this up on sacred-texts.com, and while I found a SOMEWHAT similar passage with exact phrasing for some parts of this paragraph, the overall paragraph is fabricated or misinterpreted. There was no such description in the Mahabharata actually.

Guest guest

People have not, and will never change. I don't believe humanity has gained any mental or physical superiority with time, in fact, I believe that with today's comfort we have simply become senseless of our true abilities.

The government would never want to make 'atomic warfare in Ancient India' common knowledge as it would then belittle what knowledge and technologies they have 'accomplished' today. Therefore we will not be learning about it in schools or seeing it on the television.

We must learn to never let nuclear weapons become humanity's ultimate self-destruction in the future.

Guest guest

Here is the source for the complete evidence with sources in Archaeology i found it thru GOOGLE.com goto philipcoppens.com and type in search Archeologist Francis Taylor at his site or google com

Guest guest

the irony is that India were the first to think of the concept of the atom and now George Bush wants to sell some big 'Nuclear knowledge' back to them. Good one, George.

I would like to know the source of the article, I don't have faith in that until I see some real documentation though I don't discount the possibility, but I do put my faith in this:

Śrīmad Bhāgavatam 1.7.27:

śrī-bhagavān uvāca

vetthedaḿ droṇa-putrasya

brāhmam astraḿ pradarśitam

naivāsau veda saḿhāraḿ

prāṇa-bādha upasthite

TRANSLATION

The Supreme Personality of Godhead said: Know from Me that this is the act of the son of Droṇa. He has thrown the hymns of nuclear energy [brahmāstra], and he does not know how to retract the glare. He has helplessly done this, being afraid of imminent death.

PURPORT

The brahmāstra is similar to the modern nuclear weapon manipulated by atomic energy. The atomic energy works wholly on total combustibility, and so the brahmāstra also acts. It creates an intolerable heat similar to atomic radiation, but the difference is that the atomic bomb is a gross type of nuclear weapon, whereas the brahmāstra is a subtle type of weapon produced by chanting hymns. It is a different science, and in the days gone by such science was cultivated in the land of Bhārata-varṣa. The subtle science of chanting hymns is also material, but it has yet to be known by the modern material scientists. Subtle material science is not spiritual, but it has a direct relationship with the spiritual method, which is still subtler. A chanter of hymns knew how to apply the weapon as well as how to retract it. That was perfect knowledge. But the son of Droṇācārya, who made use of this subtle science, did not know how to retract. He applied it, being afraid of his imminent death, and thus the practice was not only improper but also irreligious. As the son of a brāhmaṇa, he should not have made so many mistakes, and for such gross negligence of duty he was to be punished by the Lord Himself.

Hello-- I'm a physicist at NCSU and can tell you without doubt that this discussion is based on a hoax.

India tested nuclear weapons in the area described, which along with accidents etc. can explain an area of high radioactivity. A weapons blast thousands of years ago would be extremely difficult if not impossible to detect above background. The infrastructure required for nuclear weapons construction could not be missed (mines, for example, which are permanent). I have familiarity with nuclear weapon design and it is a very sophisticated area requiring precision machining, materials processing, and many areas of development that were just barely possible in the 1940's. It couldn't be done in the 1930's, much less 3000 BC!

The translated texts would not be quoted in those forms before WWII.

Prabhupad was hopelessly misinformed about scientific subjects; in the above quote, for example, he says "The atomic energy works wholly on total combustibility," which I'm afraid is meaningless; combustion is a chemical reaction, not nuclear, and the nuclear reaction is far from "total" in any sense of the word. He said many things that are beyond his training or exposure. Best to realize his limitations and find out for yourself from people and sources that are expert and accurate about scientific matters.

A Blast from the Past

BY: SUN STAFF

<CENTER>blast2.jpg</CENTER>

Jun 17, CANADA (SUN) — Atomic ruins found in Jodphur from millennia ago may be nuclear blast described in Mahabharat.

As concerns escalates about potential for the use of nuclear weapons in the Middle East, it's interesting to consider discoveries in our recent history, which indicate that nuclear war on planet earth is not a new phenomenon. Several years ago, a report was issued in the UK's World Island Review about a mysterious discovery in Rajasthan of an ancient city that appears to have been leveled by an atomic blast… many thousands of years ago. A construction team discovered the site while preparing to build a housing development near Jodhpur.

According to the report, a heavy layer of radioactive ash was found in a three square mile area around the building site. According to World Island Review, the area concealed "an ancient city where evidence shows an atomic blast dating back thousands of years, from 8,000 to 12,000 years, destroyed most of the buildings and probably a half-million people. One researcher estimates that the nuclear bomb used was about the size of the ones dropped on Japan in 1945," said the newspaper.

Soon after the discovery, the area became highly suspect as being the cause of a high rate of birth defects and cancer in the region. "The levels of radiation there have registered so high on investigators' gauges that the Indian government has now cordoned off the region," said the newspaper. Construction was halted while a five member team, led by Lee Hundley, conducted further investigations.

The Mahabharata mentions just such an historic blast event, which some believe may be the Rajasthan blast site. Descriptions in the Mahabharata include the following:

• "…A single projectile charged with all the power in the Universe... an incandescent column of smoke and flame as bright as 10,000 suns rose in all its splendor...it was an unknown weapon, an iron thunderbolt, a gigantic messenger of death which reduced to ashes an entire race.

The corpses were so burned as to be unrecognizable. Their hair and nails fell out, pottery broke without any apparent cause, and the birds turned white.
    After a few hours, all foodstuffs were infected. To escape from this fire, the soldiers threw themselves into the river."

Archeologist Francis Taylor told the World Island Review that he had translated some of the etchings in nearby temples, which suggest that the local devotees prayed to be spared from the great light that was coming to lay ruin to the city. Taylor remarked, "It's so mind boggling to imagine that some civilization had nuclear technology before we did. The radioactive ash adds credibility to the ancient Indian records that describe atomic warfare." Of course, students of the Vedic literatures known that all manner of technologies were previously manifest on the earth planet, and in fact were far more advanced than the perverted reflections known to us today.

Indian historian Kisari Mohan Ganguli commented that the Vedic writings are full of such descriptions, which sound like the atomic blast experienced in Hiroshima and Nagasaki. He says references mention fighting sky chariots and 'final weapons', which are described as part of an ancient battle narrated in the Drona Parva section of Mahabharata.

"The passage tells of combat where explosions of final weapons decimate entire armies, causing crowds of warriors with steeds and elephants and weapons to be carried away as if they were dry leaves of trees," says Ganguli.

"Instead of mushroom clouds, the writer describes a perpendicular explosion with its billowing smoke clouds as consecutive openings of giant parasols. There are comments about the contamination of food and people's hair falling out."

The architect of the modern atomic bomb who was in charge of the Manhattan Project, Robert Oppenheimer, was asked by a student after the Manhattan explosion, “How do you feel after having exploded the first atomic bomb on earth?” Oppenheimer’s reply to the question was, “Not the first atomic bomb, but the first atomic bomb in modern times”.

Oppenheimer strongly believed that nuclear weapons were used in ancient India, and he based this conclusion on accurate descriptions of such weapons found in the Mahabharata. He believed that the ancient Vedic weaponry mentioned in Mahabharata matched the modern nuclear weapons he was involved in developing. In the following video clip, Oppenheimer discusses the devastation caused by nuclear blast, referring to Sri Krsna on the battlefield of Kurukshetra.

<CENTER>oppenheimer.jpg</CENTER>

<CENTER>leftarrow.gif </CENTER>

:smash:This is all bogus; a little investigation will reveal that the names of the archeologists do not refer to real people that could be at the places mentioned at the right times. There is no scientific literature backing up such excavations. It is all fantasy.

If you read the account on abovetopsecret you will see that the entire story above stems from a single entry in 1992; to wit,

<!--[if gte mso 10]> .......> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman";} ........> <![endif]--> Radioactive Ash in <st1:place><st1:city>Rajasthan</st1:city>, <st1:country-region>India</st1:country-region></st1:place>

Many web sites which also reference the Mahabharata have picked up an interesting story. They claim that according to World Island Review, January 1992 (some say 1997), there is a heavy layer of radioactive ash in Rajasthan, India, covering a three-square mile area, ten miles west of Jodhpur. Further, there are claims that scientists have unearthed an ancient city and evidence of an atomic blast dating back thousands of years, from 8,000 to 12,000 years. A blast is said to have destroyed most of the buildings and probably a half-million people, the bomb used being about the size of the ones dropped on <st1:country-region><st1:place>Japan</st1:place></st1:country-region> in 1945. Radiation is still so intense that the area is highly dangerous.

The single source of this story seems to be a post on <st1:date year="1992" day="8" month="3">March 8, 1992</st1:date> to KeelyNet. Rajasthan and <st1:city><st1:place>Jodhpur</st1:place></st1:city> are real cities. The problem is, "World Island Review" does not seem to exist. Sri Kisari Mohan Ganguli was probably a real person as he is referenced in many places as a translator of the Mahabharata. According to one person on Amazon, "The third translation, and the only complete one I have, is that by Kisari Mohan Ganguli, published between 1883-1896." If that is correct, 96 years would have passed since Ganguli translated the Mahabharata and the story was written. The story claims that "Historian Kisari Mohan Ganguli says that Indian sacred writings are full of such descriptions, which sound like an atomic blast as experienced in <st1:city><st1:place>Hiroshima</st1:place></st1:city> and <st1:city><st1:place>Nagasaki</st1:place></st1:city>." The word "says"-- present tense--makes it seem like Ganguli was recently consulted. Instead, it is most likely that he was a long dead in 1992. "Archeologist Francis Taylor" does not connect with any real person in my brief search. Reasonable doubt: This story could be a hoax that spread simply because it supports people's preexisting beliefs.

(the above quote from xenophilia )

Oppenheimer believed no such thing about ancient nuclear warfare, this is a complete fabrication. Sorry. I do physics all day and have met people who worked on the Manhatten project on several occasions, have visited Los Alamos etc etc and there is zero possibility that anyone there believes in ancient nuclear weapons.

A little investigation will show that what I say is correct; the only way to keep believing this hoax is to speak to, and read from the writings of, people who believe in it, and ignore all others. If that's what you want, then no appeal to reality will do any good.

First thing is that the events written and the description of wars in Mahabharat could have happened in some other plane (lokas). So searching for physical evidences will be futile.

The thing is that people should keep in mind that Ancient Indian Civilization didnt believe only on physical aspect of life.Infact many people at that time could dematerialize their body into some other plane.

So all discussions are useless