IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Krishna: A Mortal Man

Rate this topic

Guest guest

The number of views of this thread seems to indicate a lack of familiarity with the several meanings of the word myth, leading us to think that it only has the ability to negate the reality of that which it refers to. The word myth however can be used in conjunction with a view of reality that admits to Spiritual Existence to refer to the Absolute Platform of Existence. Krsna is never material, which translates into Krsna is a myth when we apply the word in its most familiar sense. When the word myth is used in the sense adopted by such persons as Mircea Eliade, Joeseph Campbell, etc., then it does not refer to something that is untrue by its virtue of being mythical, but to something which is true because it is mythical. Most people familiar with Jung also have come to believe that Jung saw no origin for his arcetypes other than that evolving from a psychological basis. So the focus of our education wasn't really what it should have been in order to allow us to discuss these things without further self education.

=========================================================

"Considering that you read books by Advaitin swamis, it is not at all surprising that you thik that Krishna is a mortal man"

==========================================================

I consider myself a humble vidyarthi of Srimad Sankaraccharya. But at the same time Sri Kapila Muni also taught me the Samkhya. I am still a student of the Nyaya

and Vaisheshika.

I have also learnt of some universal love and brotherhood from Jesus Joseph Christ and a philosophy so great from that king of philosophers, Vasudevan Krishnan.

All are my reverred teachers. And greatest of my teachers

remains to be Nature, the Prakruti, with its Primordial Nature, beyond the scope of space and time.

Guest guest

Isvarah paramah Krsna,

sachhindaananda vigraha,

Anaadir aadir Govinda,

Sarva kaarana kaaranam.

"Krsna is the Supreme and cause of all causes"

And greatest of my teachers

remains to be Nature, the Prakruti, with its Primordial Nature, beyond the scope of space and time.

"Mayadahyakshena prakrti suyate sacharaacharam

hetunaanena kaunteya jagat viparivartate"

Krishna says "The nature is functioning under my guidance and all the changes occur under my instructions"

So Mr Anveshan - the Primordial Nature is not functioning by itself. It is being instructed by Krishna!

004.157 And because of their saying: We slew the Messiah, Jesus son of Mary, Allah's messenger - they slew him not nor crucified him, but it appeared so unto them; and lo! those who disagree concerning it are in doubt thereof; they have no knowledge thereof save pursuit of a conjecture; they slew him not for certain.

- Not a mortal

004.171 O People of the Scripture! Do not exaggerate in your religion nor utter aught concerning Allah save the truth. The Messiah, Jesus son of Mary, was only a messenger of Allah, and His word which He conveyed unto Mary, and a spirit from Him. So believe in Allah and His messengers, and say not "Three" - Cease! (it is) better for you! - Allah is only One God. Far is it removed from His Transcendent Majesty that He should have a son. His is all that is in the heavens and all that is in the earth. And Allah is sufficient as Defender.

- Not a live idol but a live word, Amin

005.110 When Allah saith: O Jesus, son of Mary! Remember My favour unto thee and unto thy mother; how I strengthened thee with the holy Spirit, so that thou spakest unto mankind in the cradle as in maturity; and how I taught thee the Scripture and Wisdom and the Torah and the Gospel; and how thou didst shape of clay as it were the likeness of a bird by My permission, and didst blow upon it and it was a bird by My permission, and thou didst heal him who was born blind and the leper by My permission; and how thou didst raise the dead by My permission; and how I restrained the Children of Israel from (harming) thee when thou camest unto them with clear proofs, and those of them who disbelieved exclaimed: This is naught else than mere magic;

- not a baby but a miniature

061.005 And (remember) when Moses said unto his people: O my people! Why persecute ye me, when ye well know that I am Allah's messenger unto you ? So when they went astray Allah sent their hearts astray. And Allah guideth not the evil-living folk.

061.006 And when Jesus son of Mary said: O Children of Israel! Lo! I am the messenger of Allah unto you, confirming that which was (revealed) before me in the Torah, and bringing good tidings of a messenger who cometh after me, whose name is the Praised One. Yet when he hath come unto them with clear proofs, they say: This is mere magic.

- many