IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
atma

Manasatita prabhu

Rate this topic

From e-mail:

"I am very sorry to inform you that today February the 4th Manasatita Prabhu left his boby, as a consequence of a car accident".

Italian born, he was one of Srila Prabhupada's disciple. I met him in India and he was always jovial. He was the one to whom Srila Prabhupada was adressing in the japa tape, "sit properly!", he was the one who cut Srila Prabhupada's sikha while shaving him up in Bombay. He was very dear by all the devotees who knew him.

Police is investigating because his body was found off the road apparently hit by a car. He was holding his japa beads in his fingers when they found his body.

My prayers are with him and his wife.

Thank you for sharing that with us. I don't know how many times I've heard Srila Prabhupada say, "sit properly" in the japa tape and I never knew who he was referring to. My prayers are with him also but fortunately he was chanting while he passed.

Anyone who, at the end of life, quits his body remembering Me, attains immediately to My nature, and there is no doubt of this. Bhagavadgita Chpt 8 txt 5

Sincerely,

Mark

Guest guest

I used to see this devotee in India quite often in the late 70's and early 80's when traveling there from the Middle East. He was very friendly and always had a big smile on his face. In fact, he used to make me laugh with his lighthearted -- but Krsna conscious -- sense of humor.

Although I'm very sad to hear of this dear Prabhu's passing on, his life is glorious. What a benediction to be immortalized on Srila Prabhupada's japa tape. Now whenever I hear Prabhupada say, "Sit Properly," I will always remember our dear godbrother Manasatita Prabhu.

Padmapani das

Guest guest

May I please quote your statement:

"He was the one to whom Srila Prabhupada was addressing in the japa tape, 'sit properly!'"?

May I also please ask how you came to know this information?

One by one, so many godbrothers and godsisters are leaving us. In one year, I lost two of my closest spiritual friends. One was about 49 and the other was about 53 years old. They say that modern science is keeping us alive longer, but I really wonder. Or maybe these Prabhus are just tired of the material world. At any rate, we are so lucky to have known these great souls.

Padmapani das

Guest guest

Atma? Gauracandra? Should I attribute a name to the quote?

I humbly assume that the smiling face means "yes," but please correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, is there any further information available about that japa tape incident? Were you -- or anyone reading this thread -- there at the time?

This is Vaisnava history, so kindly forgive all the questions. I'm just genuinely interested -- fascinated, in fact.

Thank you kindly.

All glories to Srila Prabhupada!

Your servant,

Padmapani das

Guest guest

What a great story. Just a few weeks ago, one devotee wrote to me and said: "I wonder what it was like for the devotee on the japa tape who was told by Srila Prabhupada to 'sit properly'?"

Pd

You can check out this website: www.isvara.it

It is in Italian and there they are talking about Manasatita prabhu. They have a radio section and they put Manasatita singing Jaya Radha Madhava.

isvaranetwork.com/radio/archivio.asp

They do have a section in English too.

There they also answered the question of Padmapani Das. Manonath prabhu said that Manasatita told him personally. I heard it before in India from a different source.

Guest guest

Now I know why Manasatita Prabhu was always smiling -- Prabhupada had given him such mercy:

"Sit properly!"

Oh, what great fortune indeed!