IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Gauracandra

Mormon God and Human Form

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Haribol, Jahanava Nitai, sorry if my post had negative connotations. I did not intend to slam Mormonism, but did point out some traits of practioners I had experiance with. We all know practitioners do not make up a philosophy, so I humbly apologize if my post did not make such a distinction.

I was involved with politics in Hawaii in 1976, and the political party was Krsna devoptees. One of our supporters was the Church of Latter Day Saints, who approved of our anti-abortion stance, our desire for a Godly Government, etc. The mormons (young missionaries) I met in hawaii were very kind, and even receptive to discussion. They had laid all their cards on the table, and we informed them that this constitutes Worship of Lord Brahma. We went on to describe the amazement of Narada Muni (Lord Brahma's disciple) that the being he thought was Supreme was observed worshipping Another. Lord Brahma's explanation was discussed with these missionaries, and they were quite humble in their listening. But, as we all know, this philosophical discourse between Lord Brahma and Narada Muni is the key to the entire philosophy of Krsna Consciousness.

As explained, I had bad experiances with Navy Officers and Civilian CEOs who used their mormonism as a WEAPON AGAINST ALL NOT THEIR OWN. bUT THIS COULD BE AN ANOMALY, and not indicative of actual Church position. Please excuyuse my offence in comparing these folks with the religion that may not at all condone such behavior.

hare krsna, ys, mahaksadasa

Debbie I sent you my email long ago. Did you get it ? Do you still have it? Along with that I asked you to contact me anytime you wished to. So always feel free. I may or may not be able to answer but will ceratinly try.

Assuming it may have gotten lost I will send it again in a little bit. I still have yours.

Hare Krsna

Guest guest

Taking over the world is not a tenet of Gaudiya Vaisnavism,

although individual may aspire to a Krishna centric

world, it is not part of Gaudiya philosophy that we are

charged with forcefull taking over the world,

rather we are charged with mission of elevating conditioned

souls to the platform of Krishna Prema.

The mormon theology has world dominion as part of their

philosophy, they are to become Christ' and become lords

of earth, America is in fact considered to be the

new Eden,or new Israel.

All things are theirs to use for their dominion

over the earth, all rules are secondary to their goal,all people are beneath them.

until 1978 blacks were not allowed, only due to political pressure did they relent,but their philosophy has not changed.

That's OK. I already sent it to you and it should be in your box.

I am not the best source for answers but if I don't have an answer for you I will say I don't know and help you find a proper source.

Your servant

theist

We must have a mix-up here. I still have not recieved it in my box. If I do not hear from you today,I will ask JNdas to send it to you.Maybe something is missing,like maybe 2000.

I don't know. Debbie

Guest guest

I apologize for saying that sectarian religions are distracting people from Krishna because that probably is not true. Its more just the gross weight of all the materialists or something like that. If the only real religion of the Kali-Yuga is glorifying the Holy names of the Lord which I am sure many sectarian religions do in some form or another then many people in sectarian religions are probably making good advancement towards Krishna. I apologize for being rude to Mormons and to anyone else in here.

Jndas would you please send my email to debbie? Thanks

I don't know why we are having this problem Debbie. None of the emails were returned. Lost in cyberspace I guess. We will get it straight.

Hare Krsna

Recieved your offline message, but did not see an email address..Sorry about all the trouble I am causing you,not to mention taking up a page on this thread..My sincere apologies for this,but I did want to have contact with theist. Thanks. Debbie

Guest guest

Haribol, debbie, the desire to associate with theist is nothing to apologize for, I crave the association of all theists, including our own, as well. Hare Krsna. ys, mahaksadasa

Guest guest

I'm mormon and i have no idea what you are talking about. We don't think that God has dna and all of that. We believe that mary was chosen to have jesus and that she was touched and she became pregnant, not that God had sexual incounters with her. Hense the name the virgin mary. This affended me and i completly disagree.