IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Does God Have a Body in Human Form?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

All Glories to Jesus Christ !!!

The Church of Jesus Christ and the Latter-Day Saints seem to be on to something here /images/graemlins/wink.gif. I found the paragraph before the conclusions section to be interesting:

The point of these passages is not that no one has or will have a vision of God's person, but rather that men cannot see God as He is. We must be changed and protected by the grace of God to withstand His presence, and even then we cannot fully comprehend His majesty. However, this will not always be the case. As John further wrote, "Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is (1 John 3:2, emphasis added).

http://www.fairlds.org/pubs/GodHaveBody.pdf

note: requires Adobe Acrobat Reader to view.

Yes God has a spiritual form. Jesus said "Blessed are the pure in heart for they shall see God".

This knowledge is hinted at in Christianity but a much more developed understanding can be had by studying the writings of the Gaudiya Vaisnavas.

>>This knowledge is hinted at in Christianity but a much more developed understanding can be had by studying the writings of the Gaudiya Vaisnavas. <<

yes, and all other vaishnavas' writings.

within one life span there is only so much time. Of that so much gets consumed by the body just keeping up with its basic needs. Then 25-30% gets used up by sleep. Also to be figured in is one's learning capacity. We must assess our realistic level of advancement and concentrate on the task at hand while knowing that higher and more refined understanding will lay ahead for us. One can't try to do or know everything in one life. So we must be selective.

So for me I am best sticking to a few very basic tasks. Realizing I am spiritsoul is primary. As is realizing that I am dependent servant energy of the Supreme Being. That is there in other Vaisnava lines as well for sure. But there is something special about this Gaudiya teaching of Mahaprabhu that differentiates this it. The level of potential intimacy with the Lord, a certain sweetness that exists ahead as a goal, that has me intrigued. I also have heard that there are subtle distinctions between sampradayas in how the jiva is perceived in relation to the Supreme Person. Unfortunately I can't understand those subtle distinctions at this time so a comparison study of any deepth would only confuse me. Therefore, I'm sticking to the GV line for my shiksa. And even within that line I am occupied with only the more basic subjects. A flower blooms through a continual stesady process of unfolding. It doesn't just leap to the fully opened position. We will see what the future may bring.

I am very much encouraged at any verse from the Bible or related Christian scriptures that point to the form of the Lord. These are points of connection whereby bridges could possibly be built over which the flow of the highly developed thought from the GV camp may possibly one day flow.

Christianity is in peril from the flood of "new age" mumbo jumbo pseudo spiritual thought that is coming out these days from it seems everywhere. Most of it impersonalist in nature. The 'Bible onlyists' are not strong enough to withstand this onslaught.

I see Prabhupada's mission to the West as one of offering protection to the simple theists, like myself, from this onslaught. his mission is meant to flow THROUGH us.

So why war with the Christians rather than cooperate with them and help them up to the next level?

Guest guest

>>One can't try to do or know everything in one life. So we must be selective. <<

yes, so i highly recommend study and practice of dharma given by krishna in gita. i wish all the hindus do it too.

>>So why war with the Christians rather than cooperate with them and help them up to the next level? <<

the hindus have no problem with the xians

as long as they pull out all the missionaries from india

and give up sending millions of dollars for conversions.

also, the xians should not worry about the hindus at all becasue, the hindus have no organized and funded programs of converting xians to hindus. this cannot be said of islam. petro dollars are being poured in xian countries to convert xians to muslims. so it is very important that xians focus all their effort against islam, and win over for good. go in pakistan, saudi arabia, iram, afghanistan, iraq, jordan, algeria, etc. but not in india.

once i have said that vasu moorthy, a nuclear scientist in oakland has done extensive research into early xian literature and has written a 1200 page docunet showing that original xianity and vaishnavism has so much common that xians should cooperate Hk movenent and not oppose or sue it.

i do not know if he has published the book.

i have also said once the following:

- the strength of hindus (hinduism) is spiritual truths and ability to debate any religious issue very rationally.

- ability of islam is just brute force devoid of any rationality of compassiosn for any life.

- the strength of xianity is to orgainize for a purpose

in the past theywere brutal like muslims but in recent times they use political and economic power to get converts.

xians can be brought to table for debate and could talk rationally, but a muslims never will talk rationally and will not come for a fair debate. in recent times even in the business negotiations for oil the muslims have used guns. brute force is the only strength they have, and that is why they resepct some one who treats them brutally.

- for hindus, to become brutal is the last choice against asuras.

after 9/11 india was teh first to join Us for the war on terrorism, but Us chose pak as the partner. now the way bush is behaving it shows 9/11 is terrorism tht all the world need to fight,

and the terrorism in india and kashmir is something india needs to tolerate, it is not for all the world to fight.

wow! what a policy! is this not from xian mentality?

if we dicided to be friends then better we (the two groups or nations) be honest with each other.

I have just started to really read that article. I did notice that it is full of references form the Bible concerning God's form which I will find very uselful. Thanks for posting it guestji.

I have take to Mormons before on the street concerning this very thing. They are always very nice to speak with because unlike many Christians they actually listen to what you have to say. Something I find I often neglect to do when talking to others as well.

For more on relating to and working with the Mormons we can undoubtly learn from Carudas(i believe I got the name right) in Utah, where the Mormons put up $20,000 and other assistance to help build a Radha/Krsna temple there. They also regular attend. Such cooperation is an example to us all.

As the article states they believe that God has a form composed of flesh and blood. We agree on the fact that the Lord has form but not on the composition. We can offer for their consideration that the Lord's form is composed of eternity, knowledge and bliss, is infinite and yet appears localized.

I also got the impression that they have a somewhat confused position of the lord with that of a demigod. I picture them almost as worshipers of Brahmaji but I don't know that for a fact. Just what I gleamed from street corner chats.

Jaya Yoshua! Jaya Krsna!

ps madhava I stopped reading you post as soon as I saw another x in the place of Christ. I doubt you are speaking Greek and are instead just trying to make void the Lord's name

wow! what a policy! is this not from xian mentality?

I am sorry, but your hatred of Christianity and Islam does not fit in with the mood and purpose of these forums. I suggest you try out the beliefnet forums instead.

These forums are for positive and progressive spiritual discussions on topics related to all religions. Not for RSS anti-christian propaganda.

You can find the beliefnet forums at:

http://www.beliefnet.com