(2)

he samartha agam purana

moha maya tara

(3)

andh kupa mahabhayanaka

nanaka para tara

<font color="blue">

TRANSLATION

Refrain: Oh Govinda, the Lord of the Cows! Oh Gopala! Oh Merciful Lord! Oh Young Darling Boy! Oh Krsna!

1) You are the Lord of our orphaned souls. You are the redeemer of the fallen souls.

2) Oh Lord of infinite power and glories! You are the redeemer of the soul covered in Maya and attachment.

3) In the veil of darkness which is very dangerous, you are the redeemer and the lord of the life of Guru Nanak.

</font color>

From a room conversation:

Guest: Srila Prabhupada, in the Sikh-dharma they say to chant the holy names of God, and so far I haven't encountered the name "Krsna" in the scriptures. I have encountered "Govinda", "Mukunda", "Rama", and..., but the main name that is chanted is Viduh. And I was wondering if you could comment on..., on the Sikh-dharma.

Prabhupada: It is very good. It is very good. Guru Nanak, he chanted the name, holy name of Rama, the holy name of Krsna, Govinda. So if we follow Guru Nanak, we are fortunate. Anyone who presents a science of God, it doesn't matter whether he is this man or that man; he is our guru. Yes?

the broadminded character of Srila Prabhupada's thinking. People try to hard to capture him and place him in their little bottle but he will never fit.

We just cannot understand the nature of a non-envious soul from our present position.

>>Prabhupada: It is very good. It is very good. Guru Nanak, he chanted the name, holy name of Rama, the holy name of Krsna, Govinda. So if we follow Guru Nanak, we are fortunate. Anyone who presents a science of God, it doesn't matter whether he is this man or that man; he is our guru. Yes? <<

so here sri prbhupada's hindu mind is revealed.

hindus always have said sikhism is a part of hinduism.

only a few sikhs who have become pawns of pakistan are doing separatist movement and say sikhism is not hinduism.

my study of sikhism makes me believe that sikhism is kshatriya dharma mixed with vaishya dharma.

while sikhs have fought fiercenly with the invader muslims

many times, HK's have difficulty even saying that islam is a barbari religion. and here sri prabhupada says guru nanak is also HK's guru. i really wish and pray that at this time and till islam terrorism exists, all the HK's become sikhs or simply follow guru nanak. sikhs need to keep kirpan (dagger). a modern equivalent is ak-47.

their concept of god is formless.

their dharma authority is gurugrantha saheb ( the book) only, and not any sadhus or any other shastras or other non sikh gurus. they do not worship moortis. however, they do keep pictures of sikh gurus. they do not do any vedic karma kanda. i am not suggesting Hk's do these things.

so here sri prbhupada's hindu mind is revealed.

Your past threads are already over. Stop spamming other threads with your unrelated agenda. You have already been told this before.

This is a thread about Guru Nanak. Not about whether Prabhupada is a Hindu.

You want to step on the heads of all posters by disrupting their threads so you can raise your personal agenda. I think you may be in the wrong place, as here we require communication - listening and responding accordingly.

Guest guest

i did not realize that discussing related side points could be viewed as spam. what i say here has nothing personal.

it is national/cultural issue. all i am doing is taking personal risk in talking the truth some do not want to hear, but others do hear.

i also have seen dictatorial attitude of the forum controler(s) here. in some section (letters or something) only you have created all the threads and when i saw no response from any one, i replied some threads. then i was surprised that none of my posts were posted. so this is a clear indication that you are jealous of any one who can make better posts or who differs from your view. you want to tell all, but are not willing to listen. it is your desire, and to do it the best way is to write your articles and post on a web page, but do not put on a forum and invite others to respond because you really do not want responces.

you want monopoly in your praching.

last time i chose to quit this forum,

and came back because some posters here asked me to come back. it is not worth going where there is no appreciation or due respect. so better i do not come here till the forum controlllers' rules of controlling become fair.

i wish you keep this post for some time so others can see

what happened. but my feeling is that you will not keep it at all. so i would pray krishna to give you better policy and understanding. till then, bye.

Guest guest

Haribol, I heard this praise of Guru Nanak By Srila Prabhupada, not because he was sikh, but because he was devotee of the Supreme person. Srila Prabhupada also equally praises the Vaisnavism of Lord Jesus Christ, so that throws the "hindu" theory out the window. Srila Prabhupada does not do this alone, as Srila Bhaktivinode refers to Lord Jesus Christ as a great Vaisnava as well.

Vaisnavism is not considered to be a religion, it is a manifestation of memory of the self (swarupa) in relationship with the Supreme Person. Thus, the mahabhagavat does not see a confused being anywhere, knowing that all have such relationship regardless of their awareness of such bond. The beings are covered by different degrees of thickness of smoke, some with no memory, some with inklings, some with clearing vision, some are dhira, absent all confusion of the actual self. There are no religions or systems that address this rememberance and forgetfulness, which is clearly explained in the Bhagavad Gita as gift of God to man. Some want memory, some want to forget, and Krsna obliges desire of whom he maintains relationship with regardless of reciprocation.

hare Krsna, ys, mahaksadasa.

Forgive me asking dumb questions but don't the Sikh have an invisible God? Aren't they monotheists? I know very little about the Sikh but I have read a Sikh prayer in which Krishna is rejected. I would like to be informed on this a little more.

Guest guest

"Forgive me asking dumb questions but don't the Sikh have an invisible God? Aren't they monotheists? I know very little about the Sikh but I have read a Sikh prayer in which Krishna is rejected. I would like to be informed on this a little more."

I am also sure that this is true. In fact, I have been told so by a Sikh friend. In my opinion, the sikh gurus had trouble - on one hand they reject forms of God, saying that God is formless, but then the gurus talk about the feet of God and Bala Krishna's form. Hmmmmm...

I'm always interested when people say that God is formless, but then deny that God is able to take forms. Surely that would make God impotent - directly implying that God is not Omnipotent. But then again Islam and Christianity have never cared about the intricacies of philosophy, just numbers of heathens they convert. In fact, the christian church believed in reincarnation until 553 AD when they abolished one of their key beliefs - speaks volumes for the integrity of the church.

Forgive me asking dumb questions but don't the Sikh have an invisible God? Aren't they monotheists?

It is true that the Sikhs are monotheists, but I am not very sure about their appelation of 'formless.' I think it is to be understood in the way we understand Advaitic philosophy, that 'formless' means having no material form.

I once came across a book that was a severely abridged edition of Sri Guru Granth Sahib, and there was one page which listed all the names for God that are contained in the pages of SGGS. I was amazed to find that MOST of the names in SGGS are names of Krishna! Such names were like Mukunda, Madan-mohan, Murari, Gopala, etc. There were also a couple referring to 'Ishwar' and there was a name of Shiva also.

know very little about the Sikh but I have read a Sikh prayer in which Krishna is rejected.

I don't know about Krishna, but I am aware that there is a hymn in the SGGS that speaks about death and the temporality of all things. It also mentions that even Brahma, Vishnu and Shiva are subject to death, so this also struck me as rather incongruent with Vaishnava teachings.

I will try to research more.

Shri Guru Nanak was a great Sanatana Dharmi and reformer of

Hinduism. He belong to the category of Gautama, the Buddha,

Jina, who realized and the great Acharya, Sri Sankara.

All tried to reform Hinduism of cateism and other superstitions that crept into Hinduism because of the vested interests and oligarchy of the Brahmin-Kshatri-Vaisya

combine.

The ultmate reality has no forms but at the same time is the creater of forms. The above four never claimed that they are avataras, but it is their followers who made them

gods.

Though worshipper of the Formless, Shri Guru Nank has chanted the name of Shiva and Krishna. The message might be that you can reach the Formless One thru forms also, if you are unable to access him in ITs Formless 'form'

Shri Guru Nanak was a great Sanatana Dharmi and reformer of Hinduism. He belong to the category of Gautama, the Buddha, Jina, who realized and the great Acharya, Sri Sankara.

I don't think that it is appropriate to categorise Guru Nanak along with voidists, atheists and advaitins. It has already been shown that most of the names for God in the Sikh scripture, Sri Guru Granth Sahid, are mostly names of Krishna. For this reason, I can accept Sikhism as some sort of branch of Vaishnavism, however distant it may be.

Though worshipper of the Formless, Shri Guru Nank has chanted the name of Shiva and Krishna. The message might be that you can reach the Formless One thru forms also, if you are unable to access him in ITs Formless 'form'

And what is the meaning of 'formless'? It simply means that God has no material form, that's all. This does not mean to say that He has no spiritual form. And this is the sum and substance.

Guest guest

last year at Vancouver Rathayatra Fest a city policeman asked a turbaned Sihk gentleman why he was there for the parade , his reply simply "this is my faith a part of my religion " go figure Vaisnava has no religius boundaries every one can be if they disire

I recall reading that Guru Nanak was once in a kirtan with Lord Caitanya. I'll have to see if I can find where I read it.

Hare Krishna

just go to google search and type "nanak jagannath"

and open the pdf file

u ll have what u are looking for.

Forgive me asking dumb questions but don't the Sikh have an invisible God? Aren't they monotheists? I know very little about the Sikh but I have read a Sikh prayer in which Krishna is rejected. I would like to be informed on this a little more.

it is a mattr of deep regret that there r 2-3 verses in holy guru granth sahib(ggs) which seem to reject krishna as god but at the same time there are scores of verses that accept krishna as god.the sikh priests they have made 2-3 verses very popular in the masses but they dont tell people about the scores of others.

open the site "srigranth.org"(i am sorry i am not allowed to post URL right now)

open link "read page by page"

the open the page numbers 988,345

1082 (Adorned with flowers, holding the chakra in Your hand, Your form is incomparably beautiful.)

He carries the conch, the chakra and the war club; He is the Great Charioteer, who stays with His Saints. ||10||

page1105( He is adorned with the conch, the chakra, the mala and the ceremonial tilak mark on his forehead; gazing upon his radiant glory, the Messenger of Death is scared away.)

We have heard that when Guru Nanak (the saint in India who founded the Sikh religion) was young, his father told him, "Go to the market and bring back the ingredients we need to sell at our shop." On the way to the market he came upon many Vaisnavas and sadhus. Seeing that there was no management of prasadam for them, he quickly went to the market and bought all the paraphernalia needed to make a festival for them, and for that purpose he spent all his father's money. He later returned home empty-handed, and his father asked, "Where are the ingredients I told you to buy – the rice, dahl, ghee and other things?"

Guru Nanak replied, "I did the shopping, but I have given all the goods for the service of Vaisnavas. In this way I have done some very good shopping for my future life and for the benefit of my whole dynasty." He had so much strong belief in Krsna; he knew that if one serves Krsna, Krsna will give him everything he needs.

We have heard that when Guru Nanak (the saint in India who founded the Sikh religion) was young, his father told him, "Go to the market and bring back the ingredients we need to sell at our shop." On the way to the market he came upon many Vaisnavas and sadhus. Seeing that there was no management of prasadam for them, he quickly went to the market and bought all the paraphernalia needed to make a festival for them, and for that purpose he spent all his father's money. He later returned home empty-handed, and his father asked, "Where are the ingredients I told you to buy – the rice, dahl, ghee and other things?"

Guru Nanak replied, "I did the shopping, but I have given all the goods for the service of Vaisnavas. In this way I have done some very good shopping for my future life and for the benefit of my whole dynasty." He had so much strong belief in Krsna; he knew that if one serves Krsna, Krsna will give him everything he needs.

right.............

even 5th guru of sikhs guru arjun dev ji mentionad all avtars of mahavishnu ji

here i have link http://www.searchgurbani.com/main.php?book=sri_guru_granth_sahib&action=pagebypage&Action=Page&page=1082&submit=

i m sikh and bhakt of sri krishna and jagadguru sri kripalu ji maharaj.

even my signature is frm guru granth sahib ji

"madhusudan mere man tan prana"