IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

standing sadhu

Rate this topic

Guest guest

JNDas,

Your humility is refreshing. Thank you for providing a forum in which a fallen soul like me can associate with devotees of Lord Krsna.

-Satya

>>Yet the Hindu fanatics will kill innocent muslims throughout India. Babur has already been punished by God. Your killing of innocent Muslims in India will only bring you sin, it will not please Rama.<<

no, i do not approve it, but if the muslims do not understand that islam is barbaric and give it up and keep their aggreisve nature, they will suffer. india is not saudi araabia. the ideology has no home roots there.

No how any one ould know babur has been punished by god?

he ruled india after invading. is that a punishment?

i or hindus do not intend to kill innocents, but when kranti happens it is hard to control kranti precisely.

when you spary on weeds, some grass could also get hurt.

hindus know well what will please rama.

to live with insult on rama and aggressor's monuments of victories of aggression cannot please rama or his devotees.

>>There are tens of thousands of Rama temples throughout India crumbling due ot neglect. The Hindu nationalists care little for such temples, as their true aim is hatred of other religions, not in building Rama temples.<<

that is not an excuse to allow a mosque on a rama temple.

how you would like a mosque on a xian catheral of italy?

if 56 years of non hatred cannot change muslims' heart,

if even gandhi failed to make the muslims non viooent, then hatred is natural. you cannot love a cobra who bites you again and again. every one is no a liberated devotee like your self. building ayodhya tempel is a symbolic struggle to bring back hindu pride and free from the feeling that the hindus are nobody in their own land.

>>Neither is it a Hindu country.<<

Wow! India is the cradle of the vedic culture or sanatana dharmis since even before the time of pandavas or Rama, and you do not know it!! just becaue the hindus were ruled over by the invader muslims or xians, does not make the country theirs.

>>It is a country with millions of people belonging to dozens of religions.<<

yes, but the home religion is sanatana dharma or hinduism.

hindus allwed some other religions to live there, and they can send them ahome if they do not behave. a previlidge was given to them, not right; better say the hindus at that time were weak to throw them out. now it is different, and the matter has to be fixed.

>> Each person has the right to worship the Lord as they perceive Him. <<

yes, and the muslims can do it in pakistan or at your home out of bharat.

>>No one has the right to destroy the place of worship held sacred by others, neither Babur, nor Hindu fanatics.<<

yes, and the aggressors need to be preached first.

but what would you do when koran says to kill kafirs (including HK's) and destroy their religious infrastructure?

gita says hindu to love HK's, and that is why i am here.

"hindu fanatic" is an oximoron. vamdev shastri has written an long article about it.

>>The entire city of Ayodhya is the holy dhama of Bhagavan Ramachandra. The fanatics care little for the sacred dhama, nor for the temples there.<<

yes, the fanatic muslims did not care and destroyed rama temple.

>>It is much more important to reconvert Hindu's back to humanity, morality and spirituality. <<

yes, but it is true of all the people of the world.

to the hindus i tell them to folow prabhuapda and all follow krishna's message in gita, to keep india free from aggresive indologies. then they can follow thir personald worhsip to any deva/devi if they want. it is not smart to do, but it is thei freedom to do so. thr eis no need to look down tothem if they do so.

>>India is one of the most corrupt countries in the world. Hindu's take every oportunity to cheat their fellow brothers for the smallest profit. <<

yes it is sad, and that is why india needs pure devotees of krishna to help them become pure sanatana dharmis. however people of other countries are not saints. did you find any asaint in pakistan or afghanisttan or saudi arabia? in india, yes youwill find many.

>>On top of this there is hatred based on race, religion, caste and even state! <<

it is not as much as you describe, and things are changing for good. the thing to remember is that no matter how they are or were, it is they who kept vaishnavism alive despite 1200 years of islam destructions of lives and scriptures.

had they not done it, prabhupada would have nothing to give to the hippies and the world.

>>These are all signs of Kali-yuga's progression, much like political Swami's justifying violence against other faiths in the name of Rama.<<

the first sign of kali was shown when the aggressor xians and muslims invaded india. they should be the first ones to be perached. perhaps you live close to goa. have you studied how xians spread xianity there? it is very brutal.

the same culture completely destroyed incas in south america.

you are a krishna devotee and so i love you,

but i have to tell the truth as i know.

i pray to krishna that you understand.

others will, many will, if not all.

rationality is no one's monopoly.

- asato ma sat gamaya

- satyam param dhi mahi

>>And they were existing side by side for years, till Hindu fanatics decided to break the mosque. They are just as bad as Babur. <<

i thought i posted a eposne to this.

for sevral decased xians kept slaves in US.

during that time slaves and masters were living side by side. would you argue that that tyoeu of living should continue? when one is insulted/looted/raped kicked and if he has not strenght to fight back or win a fight

he will live side by side with the enemy

till he knows he can fight the enemy.

the waiting could be long too.

but it cannot justify the first barbaric act.

try live in paksitan side by side with islamist there

and see how it feels. (please do not because you may not come alive.)

besides, how the hindus should live in their own country is their internal business, not of xians or muslims of any one.

the hindus are not coming to your home country and telling that blacks and whites or white supremist and jews should live side by side.

please do some self inspetion whether you love all

(or should love all)

or you hate someone just because you cannot argue rationally with him, and you sometimes use your power of deleting the posts for no good reason. hinduism says that more power one gets more careful one needs to be and avoid any misuse of the power. krishna has given you the power to delete posts here. the world and krishna will know how you use that power.

i thought i posted a eposne to this.

or you hate someone just because you cannot argue rationally with him, and you sometimes use your power of deleting the posts for no good reason.

No posts in this thread have been deleted.

You seem to be full of hate towards people from other religions, so I would rather not discuss with you further. My gurus have taught me to love all people as children of God and to judge each person individually for their own actions.

jndas,

Even though you are a follower of Srila Prabhupada,is it possible, since you are so knowledgeable in the scriptures and things, that you could be a guru or spiritual advisor? I am sorry if I am putting you on the spot, but curious. Debbie

debbie,Jndas may not be able to answer that so directly so if I may I would like to comment. Jndas basis' his answers on the writings and statements of the previous teachers. That plus the fact that he is a serious practioner qualifies him as an instructing spiritual master.

hope you are well

Can a person be a spiritual advisor or master to someone, without ever seeing them in person,face to face,say like over the net, by emails and talking on the net. I know this may seem like a crazy question to ask, but if I don't know, I ask..

Debbie

Can a person be a spiritual advisor or master to someone, without ever seeing them in person,face to face,say like over the net, by emails and talking on the net.

Srila Prabhupada has instructed tens of thousands of people through his books, without them ever coming into physical contact with him. Take him as your personal guide and spiritual master. You will certainly be blessed by him and advance very quickly in devotional service. Pure devotees such as Prabhupada are situated beyond the limitations of time and space. They exist on the transcendental plane of existence and can act at any time or place for the benefit of the sincere devotees.

>>Srila Prabhupada has instructed tens of thousands of people through his books, without them ever coming into physical contact with him. Take him as your personal guide and spiritual master. You will certainly be blessed by him and advance very quickly in devotional service. Pure devotees such as Prabhupada are situated beyond the limitations of time and space. They exist on the transcendental plane of existence and can act at any time or place for the benefit of the sincere devotees<<

jn das prabhu,

i respect you for the above lines. here we agree in full.

Jndas,

I guess I misunderstood.I thought I had read some where that you had to have contact with a spritual advisor or guru in order to advance spiritually. But if I am understanding you correctly, if I take Srila Prabhupada as my personal guide and spiritual master,I can advance in devotional service that way without even having physical contact with any one. I am sorry if I sound a little naive to this, but if I do not ask questions,I will not know.

Debbie

According to Srila Br Sridhar Mhrj, we can accept any past (past as in passed away) saint as our zAstra-guru.

zAstra means recordings or writings he or she left which we agree to imbibe into our lives.

But this can never replace the living sAdhu.

It's a question of passive vs active.

U cannot become your grandfather's child, can u?

Still u can learn so much from your grandfather, grandmother, although they may have already passed away.

And how do u find out or make that connection to grandpa & grandma?

How would u even know who your grandparents were without parents?

Similarly, living saints cannot be neglected.

KRSNa is always providing great souls for those who r sincerely searching.

Indeed, SP himself stated in one room conversation:

"If u want to make spiritual advancement without surrendering to a guru, forget it! Impossible."

Something like trying to receive curriculum, credits, diploma sans enrolling.

I muyself was intiated by PrabhupAd over 30 yrs ago.

Shal I imagine he was my Rtvik on behalf of his gurudev SrIla BhaktisiddhAnta Saraswati ThAkur, yet another PrabhupAd?

He's also referred to as PrabhupAd.

So from now on I am a BhaktisiddhAnta ziSya. Because I saw his painting & photo b4 I saw Bv PrabhupAd's photo.

Make sense? Or nonsense?

It is true. It is fact.

I saw Bs PrabhupAd's image in Jan1970, b4 I saw Bv PrabhupAd's image. So should I concoct a new philosophy based on that?

My particular case should become all in all for the next 10,000 yrs?

Bypass all tradition that has occurred over 15 trillion years of thoroughly documented Vedik history?

Even Supreme Lord KRSNa accepted living guru, several.

Even Supreme Lord Chaitanya accepted several living gurus.

Study SrIla MadhvAcarya's diksa - initiation.

That will clinch it for u.

Guest guest

>>Gokula Taruni Mandala Mahite... <<

could you please tell what you are trying to say by the above line? sorry, i do not know it.

Guest guest

In an earlier message, J N Das states: "A good example of typical religious intolerance. Blame an entire race, religion, caste, etc., for something a few people did/do.

Simple ignorance and hatred. Nothing spiritual about that."

Thanks JNDas for that - but then you also said:

"HINDUS take every oportunity to cheat their fellow brothers for the smallest profit."

"It is much more important to reconvert HINDUS back to humanity, morality and spirituality."

"Yet the HINDU FANATICS will kill innocent muslims THROUGHOUT India."

So according to you, Hindus are cheats, fanatics and lacking in humanity, morality and spirituality. Talk about painting all Hindus with your beautiful brush.

"Yet the HINDU FANATICS will kill innocent muslims THROUGHOUT India." Outside of Gujarat, have Hindus engaged in widespread slaughter of muslims?

"It is much more important to reconvert HINDUS back to humanity, morality and spirituality." Who will reconvert us? Perhaps ISKCON and the HKs can help us poor brown folk?

"HINDUS take every oportunity to cheat their fellow brothers for the smallest profit." I will not mention the tactics of HKs, many of whom I have encountered in my travels. Whilst true sannyasis and sadhus beg for food to survive, all HKs beg for money. Very briefly, of course all Hindus are cheats - we are Hindus after all. That's the logic of some individuals. Needless to say, no cheats exist in islam and christianity. Oh no. Islam and Christianity have not been engaged in the repeated pillaging and rape of civilizations. Oh no. Islam and Christianity are not religous imperalists, interested in the sole purpose of conversion of the whole world to their "faiths". Nope. No, we Hindus are the fanatics, fundamentalists, fascists. What an irony.

HINDUS take every oportunity to cheat their fellow brothers for the smallest profit.

Unfortunately this is the reality of India, whether you wish to accept it or not. India is one of the most corrupt countries in the world. To accomplish anything one must give a bribe. As the Bhagavatam had predicted for the Kali-yuga, justice is decided by payment of money. The police are scoundrels, living through extortion of the public. The politicians are criminals, stealing the taxpayers money for personal gain. The universities require huge payments under the table simply to receive admission. From the bus conductor who refuses to give 25 paisa change, to the politician who steals crores of rupees, corruption is rampant in every corner of India. This is certainly due to a lack of morality and spirituality. Despite the millions of temples and the endless external worship, internally we all are looking how to cheat others for the smallest gain. Out of thousands of men, there may be one who is actually turning from this to the divine life: manushyanam sahasreshu kaschid yatati sidhaye.

Outside of Gujarat, have Hindus engaged in widespread slaughter of muslims?

Yes, certainly. Gujarat is nothing compared to the violence in other areas of India, and these attrocities have gone on for decades. But as mentioned before in my post, these are Hindu fanatics who commit these attrocities. I don't think the average Hindu could bring himself to kill another human. Unfortunately the number of fanatics is enough to create disturbance throughout the country when opportunity arises.

Needless to say, no cheats exist in islam and christianity.

Some religions put more emphasis on morality, and as a result such things are minimized. The teachings of the Gita do not deal with mundane morality, as such things are assumed to be automatic for a civilized human being. Krishna does not tell Arjuna not to steal, not to covet another's wife, etc., because Arjuna knows these things already. He is an Arya, a civilized human being. The down side to this is that today when we are not so civilized and naturally moral, we can lose sight of the obvious and self-evident truths of morality, honesty and piety. We turn to the Gita for guidance, but the Gita begins from the point of civilized society. Lacking this basic foundation of morality and decency, the teachigns of the Gita become an armchair excercise in theoretical speculation. Thus we are left with the situation we see around us. Each person trying to expoit others for the smallest gain, while inwardly thinking they are living decent religious lives.

Needless to say, no cheats exist in islam and christianity.

If you have seen some of your neighbors who don't cheat, it doesn't mean their entire race is pure. If you find some of your hindu neighbors cheating, doesn't mean the entire hindu population are cheats. One should NOT generalise about a race based on his experience with some people of that race.

People of this age cheat for their survival. This is the age of 'Survival of the FITTEST'. This cheatin mentality has to be removed.

If you go and watch people in a typical downtown of a city in India, you will find many cheaters, no matter to what race they belong.

Majority of the terrorists are muslims. Doesn't mean the entire muslim population is bad. If you've found some hindus to be narrow minded, it doesn't mean all of them have this mentality. Same applies to people of RSS and VHP. I personally saw RSS morning meetings which are called 'shaka'. They teach discipline, good character building, patriotism etc. In some areas, you will also find people of other races attending shakas. Iam not trying to generalize and conclude that it is a very perfect organization. In the upper echelons, you may find hate campaign against certain races. We needn't generalise them. Indeed, they hate every other sin, irrespective of the race of the people who commit them. Unfortunately, majority of these happen to be muslims. Hence it became like a hate campaign against them.

Try finding and hating the SINs, NOT the sinners.

Weeds are there in every community and these are the ones that need be wiped out.

-Prasad.

Guest guest

Thats nothing though.. =\ If you don't believe that watch Ripley's, some dude's been standing for 20 years. He sleeps standing.