IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Jahnava Nitai Das

Who is Sri Raghavendra Swami?

Rate this topic

Recently I visited a house who happen to be my far relations and I saw a deity of Sri Ragevendra Swamiji. I did not asked them any questions at the time. I would like to use this forum to find out if Srila Prabhupada has mentioned anything about Sri Ragevendra Swamiji.

Regarding your question about Sri Raghavendra Swami, Srila Prabhupada does not mention him, but he is a bonafide acharya and saint of the Madhva sampradaya. Today he has become a popular guru in South India, but practically no one knows or cares what he actually taught. His true teachings are that we should all surrender completely to Krishna, as Sri Madhvacharya had taught before him. Their philosophy is based on nine "prameyas" or philosophical foundations, beginning with sri vishnu paratamam - "The vishnu-tattva is the supreme absolute truth."

Sri Raghavendra was the greatest author and preacher in the line of Madhva in the last 500 years. He wrote countless books establishing Krishna as the Absolute Truth. He gave special stress to the chanting of the names of Krishna, and in particular he recommended the chanting of the Hare Krishna maha-mantra.

While he was present in the world, he performed many miracles, including bringing the dead back to life. After completing his preaching work, he chose to enter "jiva-samadhi", where a saint is buried in his samadhi while still living. Before entering the samadhi he told his disciples he would live physically for 100 years, in his books for 300 years, and in his samadhi for 700 years. He ordered his disciples to place 1,008 shalagrama shilas on top of his head, and then cover him with dirt. Till this day Sri Raghavendra is still living within the samadhi in mantralaya. He has manifested himself to many people, including a British government officer who came to confiscate the ashram's lands. This instance was recorded by the British officer in the government gazette at the time.

The scriptures establish Sri Raghavendra as a partial incarnation of Bhakta Prahlada, the great devotee of Sri Narasimha Avatara. You will find in Raghavendra temples, the utsava murti (festival deity) is not of Raghavendra, but of Bhakta Prahlada. The main "deity" will be a replica of his samadhi (called a Brindavana) with dirt taken from the original samadhi in Mantralaya. In front of this will be a deity of Bhakta Prahlada. They treat the samadhi as the body of Sri Raghavendra and bathe, dress, and apply twelve tilaks to it just as we do to our body.

Devotees of Sri Raghavendra pray to him with the following mantra:

pujyaya raghavendraya

satyadharmarataya ca

bhajatam kalpavrikshaya

namatam kamadhenave

Sri Raghavendra is like a kalpa-vriksha (a desire fulfilling tree) for he always takes care of his devotees' spiritual needs.

Yours in service,

Jahnava Nitai Das,

Bhaktivedanta Ashram &

Bhaktivedanta International Charities

http://www.foodrelief.org

Guest guest

This message disseminated is perfectly right. No one really understood the the foundation Philosophy of Raghavendra's Teachings. I would be more than happy fo rthose people who would like to learn more about Raghanvendra Swamy. To learn more please visit www.pujyaya.org

Thank you

Guest guest

Yes it is true.Shri Raghavendra Swamy is from Shri Madhwacharya Sampradaya.He has taken "Jiva Samadhi". He is incarnation of "Lord Pralhada".Now he is distributing his"Punya" to his devotees those who do "Seva" to him.

Those who Seva will also get his "Blessings" in the form of "Divine Dreams" in which He guides those who did Seva.In thi KaliYuga he is hailed as "Kaamadhenu" & "Kalpa Vriksha".

Lord Shri Rama is residing in his Lotus of His Heart.Lord Krishna is also present in the Vrindavana of Swamiji.This is the Truth.<srhuilgolkar@hotmail.com>

Guest guest

Yes it is true.Shri Raghavendra Swamy is from Shri Madhwacharya Sampradaya.He has taken "Jiva Samadhi". He is incarnation of "Lord Pralhada".Now he is distributing his"Punya" to his devotees those who do "Seva" to him.

Those who Seva will also get his "Blessings" in the form of "Divine Dreams" in which He guides those who did Seva.In thi KaliYuga he is hailed as "Kaamadhenu" & "Kalpa Vriksha".

Lord Shri Rama is residing in his Lotus of His Heart.Lord Krishna is also present in the Vrindavana of Swamiji.This is the Truth.<srhuilgolkar@hotmail.com> <font color="blue"> </font color>

ShriRaghavendraSwamy is follower of ShriMadhwacharya's dwaita philosophy.On the behest of Goddess Saraswati he took Sanyasa even though he was married.He practised the ShriMadhwa philosophy & revived it.In the last Life he was Shri Pralhad.Now he is giving in bounty the fruit of his Tapas in the form of Punya to those of his devotees who do Seva to Him sincerely.He is hailed as"KalpaVriksha" &"Kaamadhenu"in this age of Kali.Many miracles are do happen daily among his devotees.He is the Solace for the poor&downtrodden.He is the Spiritual Master for the seekers of Knowledge.He appears in the dreams of devotees&Blesses them & guides them.Whatever the devotees seek they will get in bountyful.He has taken "LivingSamadhi"at Mantralaya,near Raichur of Karnataka State of India.

Guest guest

Devotees can now have access to Sri Raghavendra Swamiji temple at the Udupi Shri Krishna Brindavana, 97 Middlesex Av. Iselin NJ 08830. The mutt provides a venue for the darshan of Lord Shri Krishna, Shri Raghavendra Swamiji and Shri Hanuman, and continues the hallmark of Udupi Tradition - Anna Dhaana and other religious activities. Towards the end of January or early February the mutt will be relocated to 26, South Main Street Edison, New Jersey. For more information please contact Yogeendra Bhat - yogeendrabhatuli@.

Guest guest

Avatara-s of Acharya is well known from shruti-s

itself. Also note that in the tAratamya sun is very inferior

to even Indra. What to talk of Sun becoming Acharya Madhva (Bramha with 4 heads) in the due course of his Sadhana.

The Taratamya I hope U know, everyone is destined to be some thing after that jiva attains Liberation every jiva cannot become everything.(That is he cannot attain every posts).

I hope U have got.

Thank u.

Guest guest

Avatara-s of Acharya is well known from shruti-s

itself. Also note that in the tAratamya sun is very inferior

to even Indra. What to talk of Sun becoming Acharya Madhva (Bramha with 4 heads) in the due course of his Sadhana.

The Taratamya I hope U know, everyone is destined to be some thing after that jiva attains Liberation every jiva cannot become everything.(That is he cannot attain every posts).

I hope U have got.

Thank u.

pradec023@gmail.com