IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Tirisilex

Pat Robertson Claims Hinduism Violent

Rate this topic

I was watching the 700 Club with Pat Robertson today. He did a report that Hindu people in India have a violent rage against Christians. That they practice like Jihad Muslims. I cannot see any validity to this claim. But I am also not that familiar with what is going on in India. From what I understand of Hinduism I know it is a Peaceful and Righteous religion and Violence is shunned. How can Pat Robertson go to such claims? Is he looking at a small group of believers that went awry? Or is he just "putting the devil" in Hinduism to cause Christians to fear and possibly hate Hindus?

Here is how i think it is:

Christians' motive per Bible is to convert the whole world into Christianity. They know only one way, and to them all other ways are devil's works. Hinduism is a big challenge for any one. So, his ideology makes him very intolerant towards any non christian. Almost every church in US has a map of India to show how their money is working to convert the Hindus. Every year the Pope wants to harvest thousands of Hindu souls by converting them.

The Hindus are very tolerant. They never have invaded another country, nor they will. They have no interest to convert any one. Not knowing Islam's and Christianity's aggressive nature, they allowed them to live in Bharat.

This gave and still gives a great oppertunity/ free pass

for these two idologies to live in Bharat and kill Hinduism in any possible way they can. Christiasn have wiped out Incas and other cultures totally. Islamists did many Hindu genocide for 1000 years ans still could not kill HInduism.

There is some lesson for them and the world to lern here.

While the Islamists are brute and violent in their methods, the Christians now use politics and a lot of money to convert the Hindus. The Hindus they pick are usually poor and do not know well the importance of Hinduism.

The conversion causes social disturbance in India. Not only that, conversion is an invasion of a foreign culture in the land of the Hindus, and it is very aggresive invasion tha is killing HInduism. For last 1200 years the Hindus have suffered this badly. They do not want to suffer it any more.

They know the value of Hinduism and they want to keep Bharat for Hindus and not for any aggresive religion or ideology that cannot respect Hinduism in Bharat.

This sudden change/awakening in Hindu mood has given birth to Hindu nationalism or Hindutva movement.

Gandhi's acts gave the very wrong message to the world that the Hindus are non violent no matter what you do to them. Now the world will see real Hinduism where voilence has its proper place.

Despite this reactionary violent behavior of the Hindus, they have no interest to bother any one out side their own country. But they will not tolerate any nonsense from the roughs like Paksitan at the borders.

Technically, Hindus consider HK's as Hindus.

(Hindus are not racists.)

But if HK's do not appreciate and understand them

(which they do not, so far, due to some things Prahupada said,) some Hinus may turn agaisnt HK's also,

but not like the way they turn against Islamists and Christian Missionaries. Krishna is Hindu god, so Krishna devotees are respected no matter what some mis-understanding they may have.

Also, some Hindus fail to understnad that the Hindus can unite very well by following Krishna (Gita),

in a way HK's do. The unity they need very much.

Hope it helps.

Jai Sri Krishna!

Pat Robertson is the first class example of CHRISTIAN EVANGELIST. Their aim is to spread Christianity all over the world. This demented personality is known for his HATRED of Hindus and Hinduism. Let this quack talk whatever he wants to?

Pat Robertson likes to take things out of context, or to put a certain spin. Still, it is true there are tensions between Christian missionaries and Hindus in India. It is true that Hinduism teaches to respect various paths, but thats if it is practiced perfectly. In the end, we all have our biases, and often economics are at the heart of these tensions. Many see these Christians with their millions of dollars as infringing upon the native culture, and causing social disruption. Now, at times the social atmosphere they are disrupting is corrupt, as when untouchables are given 5th class status. You can't really fault such people for converting to Christianity. In any event, there is not much one can do on either side.

Guest guest

Tirisilex..... I am very curious to know your point of view, what will be your suggestion for solution to save your religion for following situation :

1) Your religion is being suppressed by other religion

2) Your religion was suppressed by other religion for last 1500 Years

3) Your religion was suppressed by other religion because they had more money to fund

4) Your religion was suppressed because your religion do not believe in suppressing, luring etc

5) You know that your country’s Government refuse to understand your problem and will never understand

6) You know that your country’s Police also refuse to understand your problem and will never understand

7) There is a competition between two other religion for who can convert more, supress more, fund more

8) You do not feel secured because the other religion can anytime convert your children

9) You know that your religion is any day better that those religion trying to convert you and your people

10) You know that this will not stop and will continue, and if this continues, your religion will become minority in no time

11) You see 200 missionaries of those religion in just 300 Km of you country

12) The situation is they are knocking at your door to tell you that the religion you follow is all bull .........

13) You were tolerant, are you still tolerant ??

In response to Gaurachandra's lines:

>>It is true that Hinduism teaches to respect various paths, but thats if it is practiced perfectly. <<

All religious groups have people who malprctice it more or less. The need is to critically study each religion and tell boldy which religion is better than other.

Religion is not defined/set by those who malpractice it. Just because some one malpractices religion A, that does not give right for religionist B to wipe out A religion. The right thing for B to do is accept A religion and practice if correctly and lead the malpracticeners to practice it correctly.

>>In the end, we all have our biases, and often economics are at the heart of these tensions. Many see these Christians with their millions of dollars as infringing upon the native culture, and causing social disruption. <<

When a poor and ignorant shudra is converted to xianity, does he suddenly become capable to command respect and social and economical status the next day on after?

This is not possible. He actually becomes a pown of the missionaries and enemy of hinduism.

On the other hand, suppose some one mistreates a sudra who became a xian today. Does that motivate the one who mistreated him to give up mistreatment practice? Will he say, "oh, i had this person for mistreatment, but now that he became a xian, i wll not mistreat him, becaue now he is a very respectable man?"

If xianity is so nice, then why the missionaries do not come here openly and try to convert any of us devotees and see if they can do it? They do not have intellectual and spiritual strenght to convert a hindu (HK's included) who knows what hinduism is and practices it well.

>>Now, at times the social atmosphere they are disrupting is corrupt, as when untouchables are given 5th class status.<<

This untouchability is going away now. Besides, India had and will have many saints from shudra class.

When one, any one, acquires certain qualification, and exhibits some gunas and karma, then he will get respect and oppertunity accordingly. This is the law of karma, no hindu can change it. Those who malprctice a dharma will suffer.

The need is for efforts to get them (malpracticeners) straight with love. Why not the missionares do that? We should not expect them that, but the Hindu dharma gurus (HK's included) must do it.

>> You can't really fault such people for converting to Christianity. <<

Any one has freedom to do anything, you cannot say anything to any one. But what about the social disturbance the conversion causes? How many of the conevrted are happy after convertsion? Has any one seen it?

>>In any event, there is not much one can do on either side. <<

There is.

Every village (or neighborhood) should have a small temple with 2-3 HK or Hindu devotees/pujaris who know hinduism well and practice well. They should hold regular dharma programs at the temple. They should lead the people understand what hinduism is and how to practice it. Then when a missionary comes to entice a villager, the villager shoudl tell this to the missionary:

"Dear holy man, i am a hindu and happy being so. However, i have my guru at our temple. Now, if you could convert him to xianity, the i and my whole family will follow him/her and become xians. So, kindly go convert him first before wasting time in going around to any one else."

Now if the missionary goes to this poojari/guru,

we know what they will get. Alternatively, any missionalry is welcome here (i suppsoe) and try converting this humble self or some swamis and prabhusa here. If they fail, then they should not ever think of coneverting a Hindus.

When there is a problem, there is a solution.

Jai Sri Krishna!

My dear Guest prabhu,

I beg that please assume a user name and help spread the truth. Doing so here does not give out any information about you that you do not wish to give out, i believe.

I really wish we have more people in India like your self.

pranam!

Jai Sri Krishna!

My husband's mother is a huge Pat Robertson fan. She is totally into these evangelist types. Anyway, about a year or so ago she came to visit us from out of state. She wanted to check her email so I offered her my computer.

Well, she walks into my office and just stands there and then says "No, I'll just wait." I thought she just did not want to impose so I pulled out my chair and basically sat her down and got her on line. I noted that she was sitting as far away from my desk as her arms would allow and had an extremely pained expression. I never saw anyone get off a computer so fast in my life!! She pretty much ran out of my office! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I really could not figure out what the problem was until I was sitting at my desk after she left and was thinking about the incident. I then realized that she was reacting to the various pictures of Lord Krsna, RadhaKrsna and Srila Prabhupada that I have on my desk and walls around my desk and on the wallpaper of my desktop. She was actually afraid of my Computer!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

None of us have ever mentioned this incident but she has gone out of her way not to visit us. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

She is trying harder to get my husband to go to church but she hardly talks to me at all! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

this reminds me what happened to our house in mumbai a few deades ago.

my mother hired a help (shudra lady) to do some house work.

the lady entered the house,

and as soon as she saw the altar,

she ran out of the house.

so my mother went behind her and asked her

why she was running away.

she said, "no bai, i will never come in your house.

you have that moorti there."

apparently she was the worshiper of the dead.

Jai Sri Krishna!

That's a good one Madhav!

Here is another:

A friend of mine made a beautiful picture of Lord Krishna for me. I took the picture to my job and hung it above my desk.

I watched people when they would come into my office and some would look at the picture and very quickly look away and never look at it again. Not even say anything about it!

Some people never even noticed the picture!! This picture is 11" x 14" and was hanging in a very visible spot in my office with nothing else on the wall near it!

Out of all the people that came and went from that office - only one person ever mentioned it - she said "Oh what a beautiful picture - who is that?" - this gave me the opportunity to talk to her about Lord Krsna.

Most of the people I worked with were atheist including the one woman who asked about the picture. One of the people who looked at the picture and looked away was a devout catholic.

Guest guest

It just goes to show you how scared asuras are of Lord Krishna. He invokes complete terror in them.

Guest guest

My father burned my copy of Bhagavad Gita when I was young. He was terrified by it.

Ouch - that is bad!

My mother was an atheist and very proud of it - let everyone know whenever she could. So she threatened to have me committed to an insane asylum! She did not appreciate it when I told her I thought I was already there. I moved out shortly after that.

>>It just goes to show you how scared asuras are of Lord Krishna. He invokes complete terror in them <<

Those who burn krishna books/gita in modern times

are not scrared of krishna

but they simply do not know that krishna is god,

and they have their ego that

their religion only is true

and anything else is devils'w work

and must be destroyed.

they do not have an open mind like the hindus

who will ready any religion's Book

to know what it has,

but xians and islamists do not do it.

they are prohibited by their book, are closed mind.

Jai Sri Krishna!

dear livingentity sister,

in ref to this, i am sure you know this:

Gita 1.36

PURPORT (by Prabhupada)

According to Vedic injunctions there are six kinds of aggressors:

1) a poison giver,

2) one who sets fire to the house,

3) one who attacks with deadly weapons,

4) one who plunders riches,

5) one who occupies another’s land, and

6) one who kidnaps a wife.

Such aggressors are at once to be killed, and no sin is incurred by killing such aggressors. Such killing of aggressors is quite befitting any ordinary man,...

-----------

The islamist terrorists do all these adharma.

Jai Sri Krishna!

I am sorry Madhavji, for I did not used my username in my reply post with Subject "Tolerance cannot be taken for granted". Actually was I not able to recall my password for my account.

I am still waiting for the reply from "Tirisilex"!!

Om Namo Narayan

>>According to Vedic injunctions there are six kinds of aggressors:

1) a poison giver,

2) one who sets fire to the house,

3) one who attacks with deadly weapons,

4) one who plunders riches,

5) one who occupies another’s land, and

6) one who kidnaps a wife.

Such aggressors are at once to be killed, and no sin is incurred by killing such aggressors. Such killing of aggressors is quite befitting any ordinary man,...

According to point 5, Islamic suicide bombers are justified in killing Israelis. That is illogical.

Guest guest

Forget about commandments to love your neigbour, just focus on these ones like the rest of the religious fanatics in the world.

Try Lord Chaitanyas Siksastakam prayers they may reap a little more fullfillment.

Pat Robertson likes to take things out of context, or to put a certain spin. Still, it is true there are tensions between Christian missionaries and Hindus in India. It is true that Hinduism teaches to respect various paths, but thats if it is practiced perfectly. In the end, we all have our biases, and often economics are at the heart of these tensions. Many see these Christians with their millions of dollars as infringing upon the native culture, and causing social disruption. Now, at times the social atmosphere they are disrupting is corrupt, as when untouchables are given 5th class status. You can't really fault such people for converting to Christianity. In any event, there is not much one can do on either side.

Does this justify Robertson's actions. You seem to be justifying his actions.

Guest guest

Who to blame and who not to blame?Very confusing in kali age.

Joy

>>According to point 5, Islamic suicide bombers are justified in killing Israelis. That is illogical. <<

If you ask jews if they occulied israle illegally, they would say no. the land was of jews' oroginally some 2000 years ago, and the jews were thrown out for that long.

the issue is: manmade laws can contradict each other.

e.g.:

india is the land of the hindus.

islam invade in there since 1000 years.

now those who are born there in muslim families say

it is their birth place, their land.

what is the solution:

A: aggresive perdatory religions should not be allowed on Hindu land (India).

another solution is given in isopanishad:

isAvAsya idam sarvam

yatkicha jagatyAm jagtat

tena tyaktena bhunjithA

mA gridha kasya svid dhanam

the difficuly is, all the people need to accept this way of living, else it cannot help.

jai sri krishna!

on my desk at job i have krishna pictures, gita,

and the book - Jesus Lived In India, by Holger Kearsten

no one can miss its view.

but hardly any one askes any question about it.

in many years one asked looking at the picture of krishna, His face with truban, flute and ornaments.

he said, "who is this, your wife?"

i said no, it is krishna, god.

at home i have pictures of krishna and altar.

my children's friends come,

but supprisingly no one pays attention or asks any question.

is it possible that they are taught in church to not discuss it in order to avoid getting positively interested?

jai sri krishna!

madhav, they may just no what to ask or how. they probably are not wanting to offend you and you superstitions. You might rather be thankful. I think maybe Krsna is protecting you from some fundementalism aparadha.

How about this for India. Why not let everyone go the the house of worship they choose. Churches Mosques ans Temples side by side? people respecting others rights to be different knowing that's between them and God.

People can still have vigrous debates on philosophy, but maybe over bread and drink instead of fire bombs and stones.