Sentence: 1 gráh?n v?? ánu praj??? pa?áva? prá j?yante \

Sentence: 2 up?m??vantary?m??v aj?váya?

Sentence: 3 ?ukr??mant?ínau púru??s \

Sentence: 4 r?tugrah??n éka?ap??s \

Sentence: 5 ?dityagrahá? g??vas \

Sentence: 6 ?dityagrahó b???yi????b?ir r?gb?ír gr?hyate

Sentence: 7 tásm?d g??va? pa??n??m b???yi????s \

Sentence: 8 yát trír up?m??úm? hástena vigr?h???ti

Sentence: 9 tásm?d dváu tr??n aj?? janáyaty át???vayo b???yas??

Sentence: 10 pit?? v?? e?á yád ?graya?á? putrá? kalá?as \

Sentence: 11 yád ?graya?á upadásyet kalá??d gr?h??y?t \

Sentence: 12 yát?? pit?? //

Verse: 2

Sentence: 1 putrá? k?itá upad???vati t?d??g evá tát \

Sentence: 2 yát kalá?a upadásyed ?graya???d gr?h??y?t \

Sentence: 3 yát?? putrá? pitára? k?itá upad???vati t?d??g evá tát \

Sentence: 4 ?tm?? v?? e?á yajñásya yád ?graya?ás \

Sentence: 5 yád gráho v? kalá?o vopadásyed ?graya???d gr?h??y?t \

Sentence: 6 ?tmána ev??d?i yajñá? ní? karoti \

Sentence: 7 ávijñ?to v?? e?á gr?hyate yád ?graya?ás \

Sentence: 8 st??ly?? gr?h???ti v?yavyèna juhoti tásm?t //

Verse: 3

Sentence: 1 gárb?e???vijñ?tena brahmah?? \

Sentence: 2 avab?r?t?ám áva yanti

Sentence: 3 pár? st??l??r ásyanty úd v?yavy??ni haranti

Sentence: 4 tásm?t stríya? j?t??m pár?syanty út púm?m?sam? haranti

Sentence: 5 yátpurorúcam ??ha yát?? vásyasa ?hárati t?d??g evá tát \

Sentence: 6 yád gráha? gr?h???ti yát?? vásyasa ?h??tya pr??ha t?d??g evá tát \

Sentence: 7 yát s?dáyati yát?? vásyasa upanid???y?pakr??mati t?d??g evá tát \

Sentence: 8 yád vái yajñásya s??mn? yáju?? kriyáte ?it?ilá? tát \

Sentence: 9 yád r?c?? tád dr???ám

Sentence: 10 purást?dupay?m? yáju?? gr?hyanta upári???dupay?m? r?c?? yajñásya d???tyai //

--------------------------------

http://www.sacred-texts.com/hin/yv/yv06.htm

vi. 5. 10.

Offspring and cattle are born through the cups, goats and sheep through the Upançu and Antaryama, men through the Çukra and Manthin, whole-hooved animals through the season-cups, kine through the Aditya cup. The Aditya cup is drawn with the largest number of Rcs; therefore kine axe the most numerous of cattle; in that he thrice draws apart with his hand the Upançu (cup), therefore the female goat gives birth to two or three, but sheep are more numerous. The Agrayana is the father, the tub is the son; if the Agrayana is exhausted, he should draw from the tub; that is as when a father [1] in destitution has recourse to his son. If the tub is exhausted, he should draw from the Agrayana; that is as when a son in destitution has recourse to his father. The Agrayana is the self of the sacrifice; if the cup or the tub should be exhausted, he should draw from the Agrayana; verily from the self he develops the sacrifice. The Agrayana is drawn (with a verse) in which there is no discriminating mark; he draws with a pot, he offers with (the vessel) for Vayu; therefore [2] (a man) is a slayer of a Brahman (through slaying) an embryo which has not been discriminated. They go to the final bath; they deposit the pots, but lift up (the vessels) for Vayu; therefore they deposit a daughter on birth, a son they lift up. In that be utters the Puroruc, it is as when one brings (something) to a superior; in that he draws the cup, it is as when having brought (something) to a superior one proclaims (it); in that he puts it down, it is as when having deposited something with a superior one goes away. Whatever of the sacrifice is accompanied by a Saman or Yajus, is loose; whatever by a Rc is firm; they are drawn with a support in front to the accompaniment of a Yajus, (they are drawn) with a support behind to the accompaniment of a Rc, for the support of the sacrifice.

-

Although Yajur veda has English translation online, I like to understand what is explained here in the above verses. Can somebody help me.

Well since nobody replied,

"They go to the final bath; they deposit the pots, but lift up (the vessels) for Vayu; therefore they deposit a daughter on birth, a son they lift up."

I have to ask whether the above verse authorize one to abandon female babies.

Guest guest

Sorry I can't help ya with yajur veda.In this kali yuga such details are not practical.Simply chant holy names of God and try to love all unconditionally.

Joy

Guest guest

Well since nobody replied,

"They go to the final bath; they deposit the pots, but lift up (the vessels) for Vayu; therefore they deposit a daughter on birth, a son they lift up."

I have to ask whether the above verse authorize one to abandon female babies.

I could not understand the exact reference of yajurveda from where this quote has been picked up. Please help me so that I may try to give a reply based on the true interpretation.

Perhaps it refers to the fact that majority of female gender is down-to-earth while a few males can soar high in their vairAgyam & perhaps even attain Wisdom if "lifted up" by their Guru.

This is a an approximate statement, for Meera, Radha. KAraikkAl AmmaiyAr, ANdAL, Mata Amritanandamayi(tho at the level of an AvathAr) etc are clear counter examples.