IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Why do gods and goddesses have 4 arms?

Rate this topic

Vaisnavas (and many Hindus) reject the idea that there are multiple gods. When we speak loosely of "gods" and "goddesses" we really mean DEMIGODS who are simply non-terrestrial created entities many of whom have special powers or duties.

But don't Muslims accept the existence of Jinn, who are supernatural created beings? They would appear to correspond to Vedic asuras.

Guest guest

why we have only two arms?

just because it is so in our known history,

we assume it supposed to be that way.

we forget to ask who made human body design with two arms.

when you think of it you will see it smarter design than having just one arm.

when we think of the designer (god)

we come to ralize that we do not dictate him.

so, if he chooses, he can have any number of arms to any one including him self.

after all he is god, and we are not.

hope it helps.

jai radhe!

Guest guest

The power of the Qur'an seems to make muslims act in such a way that they manage to offend just about every other caste, colour or creed. Christ ive even spoken to Muslims who dont like muslims.

but then words in print sometimes do not come across as the author meant them to without the body language to go along.

Not sure why but I felt compelled to post a reply to this (I must be bored, crazy or both today).

I was just reading something that goes along with this the other day and will try to relate it here.

Author Russell Shorto once said, " Religion doesn't kill, people do." It is not necessarily the faith that promotes violence but the individuals interpretation of his faith. Someone predisposed to violence will see violent messages in everything they read or hear including their own holy books. This magnifies when some religious leaders are the ones that are predisposed to such violent interpretations and are able to incite more followers to violent ways.

Right now the emphasis is on the Islam violence but we have to also remember the history of the Christian Church the Crusades, the Spanish Inquisition etc.

I pray that the non-violent religious leaders of the Muslim faith can help to steer their followers onto more peaceful paths.