IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Dan Qualye quotes

Rate this topic

Guest guest

"It isn't pollution that's harming the environment. It's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it."

Guest guest

"Hawaii is a unique state. It is a small state. It is a state that is by itself. It is a --it is different from the other 49 states. Well, all states are different, but it's got a particularly unique situation."

Guest guest

"If you give a person a fish, they'll fish for a day. But if you train a person to fish, they'll fish for a lifetime."

Guest guest

"Add one little bit on the end... Think of `potatoe', how's it spelled? You're right phonetically, but what else? There ya go... all right!" -- Vice President Dan Quayle correcting a student's correct spelling of the word `potato' during a spelling bee at an elementary school in Trenton.

"I should have caught the mistake on that spelling bee card. But as Mark Twain once said, `You should never trust a man who has only one way to spell a word'." -- Vice President Dan Quayle, actually quoting from President Andrew Jackson.

"I should have remembered that was Andrew Jackson who said that, since he got his nickname `Stonewall' by vetoing bills passed by Congress." -- Vice President Dan Quayle, confusing Andrew Jackson with Confederate General Thomas J. `Stonewall' Jackson, who actually got his nickname at the first Battle of Bull Run.

"Add one little bit on the end... Think of `potatoe', how's it spelled? You're right phonetically, but what else? There ya go... all right!" -- Vice President Dan Quayle correcting a student's correct spelling of the word `potato' during a spelling bee at an elementary school in Trenton.

Now Dan Q. did provide a lot of interesting material. But the way he spelled potatoe is the way its spelled on Idaho license plates. I know I know, but if any folks should know this one its them.