IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest guest

Early Edison

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Early in his inventing career, Thomas Edison called all the newspaper reporters in town, into his laboratory for a demonstration. He had them all sitting in chairs, and in the middle of the room was a table. On the table was a glass sphere with a filament inside of it. Connected to this was a wire going to a generator. As he plugged in the generator, the glass sphere began to glow and lit up the whole room. The reporters were amazed, and they all jumped up to go out to file their stories. But Edison called out, "No, come back and sit down. That's not it." So the reporters all came back and sat down. And Edison bends down to the light and says ...... " H E L L O ? "

Guest guest

what a joke. I don't have time to laugh. remind me sometime later so that I can laugh if I find time.

Guest guest

That was just the encouragement i needed to post another joke.

A snail is going on his way down a sidewalk. As he comes to a corner, he is run over by a turtle. A few moments later an inspector comes up on the scene and says to the snail (who is laying dazed on the sidewalk) "Can you describe who did this to you?" and the snail looks up and says "I don't know,..... it all happened so fast."

Guest guest

Here is a contender for the Edison joke:

Saddam Hussein's son comes home from shopping with everything in a cardboard box...

His dad says, "Why have you brought the shopping home in a cardboard box, son?"

To which his son replies,

"Because there's no Baghdad!"

Guest guest

Some jokes just get better with time

this isn't one of them

I don't get it.. :/

Early in his inventing career, Thomas Edison called all the newspaper reporters in town, into his laboratory for a demonstration. He had them all sitting in chairs, and in the middle of the room was a table. On the table was a glass sphere with a filament inside of it. Connected to this was a wire going to a generator. As he plugged in the generator, the glass sphere began to glow and lit up the whole room. The reporters were amazed, and they all jumped up to go out to file their stories. But Edison called out, "No, come back and sit down. That's not it." So the reporters all came back and sat down. And Edison bends down to the light and says ...... " H E L L O ? "