IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
muralidhar

Rare video clip

Rate this topic

Dear devotees,

Yesterday was the 108th birthday celebration day for Srila Sridhar Maharaj. In rememberance of our Guru Maharaj, the devotees have released an MPG video clip filmed at the time of the opening of the ISKCON Mayapura Chandrodaya Manidr in 1973.

The MPG file is 3.8mb in size. JNDas Prabhu may have problems downloading it in India!

The picture below was also taken at the same time as this film clip.

Posted Image

His Divine Grace Srila Bhakti Rakshak Sridhar Dev-Goswami Maharaj and His Divine Grace Srila A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Maharaj Prabhupad sharing the same Vyasasana at the opening ceremony of Srila Bhaktivedanta Swami Maharaj's Sri Mayapur Chandrodoy Mandir. At the lower left is His Divine Grace Srila Bhakti Sundar Govinda Dev-Goswami Maharaj, who is now the President Acharya of the Sri Chaitanya Saraswat Math.

Click here to DOWNLOAD 3.8 mb file in MPG format

Murali

Info from the Vaisnava.com:

<HR>

Dear disciples and grand-disciples, friends and followers of Srila Gurudeva:

Below you will find a link to a rare video clip of Srila Guru Maharaja, Srila Swami Maharaja and Srila Govinda Maharaja together in Sri Mayapur Dham at the opening festival of the ISKCON temple there. Unfortunately there is no sound on this video clip, which was assumably made by an old 'hobby' camera, and then later transferred to VHS. The file is in MPG format, and it's almost 4 megabytes large - but then the video picture size is also quite big.

As far as I know, this is the oldest video recording of Srila Guru Maharaja and Srila Gurudeva. A picture from the same ceremony is of course republished in many books.

This link will probably not be active forever, but at least it will be maintained for a few months. Please visit:

http://www.vaisnava.com/cgi-bin/svenska/ax.pl?http://www.vaisnava.com/tr inityofgurus.mpg

Srila Guru Maharaja's auspicious 108th appearance day ki jaya!

This clip is certainly wonderful. In 1974 I heard a tape of the conversation they had recalling their history together. Reading the transcript is quite nice; hearing their voices, reading the emotion they shared, the mutual love and respect, was thrilling.

Last night several of us gathered in Hilo to observe Maharaja's appearance. Only a couple of us had actually met Srila Sridhar Maharaj, and one had accepted diska from him. We had quite a wonderful evening remimbering the transcendental qualities and activities of these two emissaries of the Lord and His eternal associates.

Thanks again.

Babhru

Are there any audio tapes of Srila Sridhar Maharaj available on the internet? I remember when I first heard Srila Gour Govinda Swami's voice. It was very different than what I had expected. His voice was much higher pitched than I would have thought. I'm just curious how he spoke, if there are any kirtans etc... Is there a tape ministry of Srila Sridhar Maharaj online or other media (video tapes for purchase)?