IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
Punkech

Thou Shall Not Kill

Rate this topic

Hare Krishna

Could somebody tell the Christians out there not to kill animals/they have souls, I don't know how a Christian can be a Christian and continue the killing, and yes I'm not sorry at all for this post.

Puntech,

This was a point that Srila Prabhupada always brought up to Christians when he spoke to them.The problem is in the Bible there is not a very clear definition of what the soul is.

Yesterday afternoon I spent 3 hours discussing reincarnation with some Christian students at the University of California at Berkeley about reincarnation and the nature of the soul.I was very encouraged by their openmindedness and willingness to consider the idea.Not common amongst Christian preachers, which is what they were doing when I met them.So there is hope.

Until they can see philosophicaly the difference between the body and the owner of the body as described in Bhagavad-gita, trying to convince them that animal forms also have souls is next to impossible.

These young folks had very good hearts but their information is limited by their teachers telling them that the Bible is the only book of truth.

So we can sow some seeds and the rest is up to them and Krishna.But sow we must.

Guest guest

The insensitivity to killing and eating lesser species can ultimately lead to killing more so-called advanced species like man, it nulls ones intelligence to the reality of the soul. And hence we find a thousand raging wars where millions of souls are failing to recognize the existence of millions of other souls right to exist in this precious human form of life. So they go around ignorantly blowing each other out of their bodies.As Kali Yuga progresses they will degrade to eat each other. Cancelling out any chance of spiritual evolution. Act now.