IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
raga

Board settings

Rate this topic

Currently the board allowes signatures up to 100 characters only. This is rather annoying if one wishes to place an url in the signature, for instance to a current event such as Narottama Das Thakura's disappearance day today.

Also I noted that Bio is restricted to 250 characters. How much can you write about anything at all in 250 characters? Hardly a couple of sentences. Consider having less strict settings there.

By the way, why are Private Messages disabled and e-mail addresses unavailable, only stating "hidden" even when I choose from my profile for it to be shown?

By the way, why are Private Messages disabled and e-mail addresses unavailable, only stating "hidden" even when I choose from my profile for it to be shown?

Please refer to the following thread for answers to your question:

Why email addresses are hidden?

The summary is:

In the past one particular user [whose user name is three letters long] had gathered email addresses from the forums and sent unwanted messages to the users, almost daily.

If you want someone to be able to contact you personally, you can add your email address in your signature.

Quite a few posts have been deleted from this thread without any explanation. Could the moderator present any general guidelines he follows to help us understand what kind of posts will be deleted without explanation?

Guest guest

there seems to be a valid reason for hiding email ids, but why private messages are disabled. ?

??

in anycase guests cannot send PM's . If one is fed up with the private messages from a particular user, he can simply block that user from sending further PM's.

Quite a few posts have been deleted from this thread without any explanation. Could the moderator present any general guidelines he follows to help us understand what kind of posts will be deleted without explanation?

The guidelines have been discussed many times in the past. Perhaps you were not yet active here when those discussions occurred. You can search through the older messages for general answers to this question.

One sample of messages that will be deleted are trolls. A hypothetical example of a troll would be Sha posting a message asking why private messages are disabled, when she actually knew they were disabled because of her misuse and abuse of them. Such posts would only be made to clutter the forums. Most replies to trolls are also deleted (the point of trolls is to get innocent people to "bite" and to seriously reply to the troll, thereby increasing the clutter).

If you feel any of the deleted messages by Sha were relevant or important spiritual discussions, you can invite her to start a thread at Raganuga on the subject.