IndiaDivine.org
Sign in to follow this  
divya_krs

krsna activities-how?

Rate this topic

i am a new r to ur website.and i find great pleasure in being so.

i have been in search of krsna-lovers eversince my adulthood.of late,i have developed immense love for THE LORD,i dont feel like doing anything in which krsna-consciousness is not involved.kindly advise me how to live my life only in worshipping HIM.Is RENUNCIATION the only answer?if so,how do i proceed?if not,how do i cope up without displeasing my parents who dislike over-involvement in spirituality???????

AND TELL ME ALSO------HOW TO FIND MY GURU?????(MY ADHYATMIK-GURU)?????WHERE IS HE??

It is very nice to hear that you have developed such a liking for Krishna. Since you have mentioned that your parents don't want you to be overly spiritual, I would suggest that you don't sound like a rebel - that is ALWAYS counterproductive. Pursue your reading of scriptures, practice of bhakti etc., on the one hand while being caring towards your parents on the other. Please don't forget that your parents, like most of us, are conditioned. It is not to your advantage or theirs, to agitate them unnecessarily due to your initial over zealous behaviour. Also, don't force them to follow your ways. If you are very loving towards them and after a while if they realize that you are actually a wonderful and responsible child [which they will when they see so many kids dumping their parents in an old age home], they will in fact follow Krishna consciousness, they way you ask them to do. This may take some time, perhaps a few years, but then it will be permanent. What is a few years anyway in the repeated cycles of birth and death?

You don't have to become a renunciate to become a devotee of Krishna. Many great devotees of Him, such as Meera, Srila Prabhupad, to name a few, have been married too. What is needed is that you develoop genuine bondage towards Him - and do so naturally, without forcing yourself into any blind dogma.

Perhaps, the best way would be to start chanting, reading the many books of Srila Prabhupad, while you still lead a normal life. I don't know how you can find a guru, but if you surrender to Krishna, He sends the guru your way - you don't have to search for one.

Guest guest

you serve Krishna best by serving the devotee of Krishna,

if you desire to sincerely be of value to Krishna,

do not fret, the guru will be made available to you.

The service of the guru who is himself serving his guru,in the line of Sri Krishna is the path of transcendental ecstacy.

this is the purpose of human life,to connect

with the eternal pastimes of Sri Krishna.

All else is simply a waste of time.

Renunciation is for the very few who are capable and needfull of that.

The best course is to use what you have in the service of the Guru,that is the authorized path ,Guru-seva,

not renunciation of this world,but to engage this world in the service of God.

This activity turns the mundane world into the transcendental realm for the person who uses it as such.